THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns fan from Aggieland

Aggie Brown fan

Not talking about "Aggieness". Talking about the best Aggie football player ever. Not saying what he'll do in the pros. Johnny was better AS AN AGGIE than anyone ever has been. In my opinion, and many others.

Someone oughta come up with an Aggie football board, where you can talk to people who give a shit.

Zombo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an Aggie football board, No one there gives a shit either

Exactly. These Johnny people are fucking weirdos. They're a mix between sociopathic, autistic, and ultra gay. They're worse than the teenage girls with the pretty boy singers/bands

Thanks for all the posts. I feel like part of the gang now. I'll never have the passion most of you guys have for the Browns, but I recognize that you love your team like I love the Ags.. And I will be rooting for Cleveland. Luckily the Texan game will be on where I am, and I hope you guys put a Beatdown on their ass.

I like this ^ one better... and it only took about 18 posts... ;)

Whoop!

Well, that's a lovely Aggie story. Good for you guys to have that story.

But let me tell you one. A guy from Cleveland that nobody else wanted shows up on the field last season and sparks this offense like we hadn't seen in years. And like nearly every season before it, the minute we get a little hope, our hearts are broken as that guy is carted off the field for the season and we have an already ruined first round QB and a dipshit first round QB sitting behind him. We go ahead and win that game, in part, I believe, on a high from winning the two previous and on a mission to do it for that undrafted QB that gave us a glimmer of hope. Our leader taken away we go on to lose all but one game after that. He vows to return the following season by working his ass off to get back. He proceeds about that goal and then gets the news he is going to have to battle for his rehab, and battle with a larger than life, cocky, media circus named Johnny F'n Football. His fans come charging into our domain telling all of us how lucky we were to get him. All during the off season we watch this young kid go to party after party, post drunken videos on the internet, and show up for camp not knowing the playbook all the while everyone constantly predicting that this kid is going to easily steal the job out from under hometown guy whose been doing nothing but keeping his nose to the grind. Working.

So our hometown guy battles through all that and is named the starter. Only everyone was certain he was only the sacrificial lamb for the first three games. Just to go ahead and give up those three games and get Johnny ready after the bye. Yet again, hoyer proves everyone wrong by playing tough in those first three games and earning his keep. Doing so with stupid gadget trick plays to showcase the guy who didn't do the work in the offseason. And it still continues, although the noise has died down considerably, we still get to see these self proclaimed experts on stats tell us how our guy sucks and will never amount to anything as an NFL QB and we should sacrifice this season to see what Johnny has. Only thing is, we have watched Hoyer overcome obstacle after obstacle and prove over and over again we can trust him to put in the work, and the guts, and the heart to get the job done. We're winning in November for the first time in years.

So yea, some of us are a bit defensive with the Johnny lovers. We've endured the losing Browns for 15 years, not you. Not Johnny. I don't question Johnny's athletic ability at all. I think he's very talented. I do, however, question his work ethic, and his maturity level. And that's not MY fault. He hasn't earned the trust yet. Hoyer has. With Hoyer as our leader we get good press for winning and shocking the NFL. With Johnny we got tons and tons of media coverage, only not exactly the good kind. I don't know how you expect some of us to feel any other way. Cause YOU and his hoard of adolescent fans say we should just trust him and he's our savior?

1. Hoyer. Hoyer's been great. Great kid, great story. I'm happy for him and Brown fans.

2. Manziel work ethic. You are wrong, Johnny works hard. Every coach and teammate he's ever had says so. He goes to Vegas for 4 days in the offseason, and the whole world assumes all he does is party. He doesn't. Maybe his work ethic is just as good as Hoyer's, but Hoyer has a 5 or 6 year head start in the league, and that's why Hoyer won the job. It makes good sense, no arguing that. If he keeps winning, Johnny probably gets traded.

Notice that I haven't once said Johnny should replace Hoyer, I've said the opposite. Hoyer was obviously the right choice, but not because Johnny hasn't worked hard or partied too much, but simply because it's hard to start as a rookie qb, hard to "know" an offense in 4 months.

JFF just isnt intertesting to me anymore.

He's been discussed to death and, until he plays, there is no more to say, guess or speculate about.

In re to all the Texas/jff fans flocking to Cleveland thing, I dont get that either. I couldn't even speculate on how many GREAT players OSU pumps into the league every year, yet feel no need to "fan up" for their new teams when they leave.

Geez, Id have to join every NFL forum to do that.

That's the point Ag- Maybe we're spoiled from an OSU standpoint- but I sure as hell didn't head to a 49er board to follow Donte Whitner- Cleveland product- or a Saints board to follow LeCharles Bentley when he played for the Saints. If you notice my tag line, Nick Mangold is from Dayton, and I sure as hell don't give a rat about the Jets- that is until they beat the Steelers.

Manzier, cool.

Thanks for all the posts. I feel like part of the gang now. I'll never have the passion most of you guys have for the Browns, but I recognize that you love your team like I love the Ags.. And I will be rooting for Cleveland. Luckily the Texan game will be on where I am, and I hope you guys put a Beatdown on their ass.

You've yet to see the passion of Browns fans. Sold out the stadium for 15 years with virtually unabated lousy football.

Not talking about "Aggieness". Talking about the best Aggie football player ever. Not saying what he'll do in the pros. Johnny was better AS AN AGGIE than anyone ever has been. In my opinion, and many others.

I saw that Pettine said Johnny has "come a long way", but what does he know? He's probably just a Johnny fanboy, right?

Well, arguably the best Buckeye ever was Archie Griffin- and his pro career was less than stellar. So pardon us guys who follow the pro game intently why we have our reservations about JFF. Can't fail, sure thing, can't miss. Well Ag it happens all the time. Take the A&M rose colored glasses off- if Manziel was all that- he would have been the #1 qb off the board- and he wasn't.

I want to ask some of you other "old farts" around here a question. Every time I read a Johnny story from college by some adoring fan, all I hear when reading is that old Shelly Fabare song from the early sixties, and it makes me want to puke. Remember? "Johnny Angel how I love you and I hope that someday you'll love me". I apologize in advance if this sticks in your head next time you read one of those idiotic posts.(if it doesn't already)

GO BROWNS!

1. Hoyer. Hoyer's been great. Great kid, great story. I'm happy for him and Brown fans.

2. Manziel work ethic. You are wrong, Johnny works hard. Every coach and teammate he's ever had says so. He goes to Vegas for 4 days in the offseason, and the whole world assumes all he does is party. He doesn't. Maybe his work ethic is just as good as Hoyer's, but Hoyer has a 5 or 6 year head start in the league, and that's why Hoyer won the job. It makes good sense, no arguing that. If he keeps winning, Johnny probably gets traded.

Notice that I haven't once said Johnny should replace Hoyer, I've said the opposite. Hoyer was obviously the right choice, but not because Johnny hasn't worked hard or partied too much, but simply because it's hard to start as a rookie qb, hard to "know" an offense in 4 months.

Aggie this is for you. Enjoy

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwwIYSofgpY0&ei=lsRoVO2gOIS5yQS0iIDoCg&usg=AFQjCNHXMIlwvT5KD2A8odAjLnIE-bBplA&sig2=yRyGoC-Dap-1MmAx0sRqXA&bvm=bv.79142246,d.aWw

" Well, arguably the best Buckeye ever was Archie Griffin- and his pro career was less than stellar. So pardon us guys who follow the pro game intently why we have our reservations about JFF. Can't fail, sure thing, can't miss. Well Ag it happens all the time. Take the A&M rose colored glasses off- if Manziel was all that- he would have been the #1 qb off the board- and he wasn't."

Hoorta, and others, you keep accusing me of saying things like Johnny can't miss. I'm not saying that. If you read all my posts, I actually say the opposite, that if Hoyer keeps winning, Johnny May get traded, and I would agree with the move.

As for Johnny not being 1st off the board, that has everything to do with his size, not his productivity.

When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?

Not a single Hoyer Fanboy on this forum, just a bunch of Browns fans rooting for the guys that are playing - and the fact that you don't know that, is why you're just a fan of a dude, and N O T a browns fan.

" When Johnny starts will you Hoyer fanboys leave?"

This was sarcasm. Just an fyi.

And you would know that Ever meant it to be sarcasm because????

Hey Tex, as for myself I welcome anyone to the Cleveland Browns fold no matter how you got here. You need to understand that a lot of these guys are as blindly loyal to players from Ohio as some of Johnny's fans are to him.

He seems like a talented and honorable young man so if and when better quarterback play will equal more wins for the Browns I hope he's everything a Browns fan or an Aggie fan could wish for.

WSS

And, FYI, of course Yale Lary didn't do what Johnny did.....he was an offensive lineman.

Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

DB, Punter and returner. And like JF, a hell of a baseball player and pretty close to the same size. It was a good comparison.

Wrong.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Lary

DB, Punter and returner. And like JF, a hell of a baseball player and pretty close to the same size. It was a good comparison.

Oh, yea, right. I was confusing Yale Lary with Ron Yary OT.

And it will only be a good comparison when JFF makes the HOF. I hope he does, as a Cleveland Brown.

Archived