THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills WR Hogan outplaying "superstar" Sammy Watkins

Pumpkin Eater

This..

I still can't believe you guys passed him up, because trash him as you will, but he may have been the guy to push you over the top this year, and maybe deep into the playoffs by constantly drawing double coverage with your QB ability to get him the ball.

Why do you guys even show your ignorance trashing Watkins? Does it make you feel better about a thousand foot list of Browns first round busts throughout history?

You are only reinforcing the Neanderthal thinking Browns fans are known for throughout the country.

Buffalo has him, and you don't, and we are thrilled about it.

Why don't you concentrated this year and I personally hope you guys go all the way. Look at the positives that you guys have going instead of reinforcing your insecurities by being trashing what you covet.

You are solidly in control of the division.

You also have a couple of QBs to be proud of, and Buffalo..well... Has no one able to throw the ball that could hit the broad side of a barn with a handful of rice from two feet away. Parity at its best.

I don't think many people are trashing him they are just saying that you could have traded up for less and nabbed Mike Evans and got similar production. You could have traded back and got Kelvin Benjamin and got better production ... Or stayed pat and actually drafted a QB to get them the ball and draft your WR later on in the 2nd, or any other position help you need.

Instead you got Watkins who is really good for sure but hasn't (yet) separated himself from any of the other WRs drafted and we got out 2nd corner and a 10-18 pick next year to add BPA.

We've been fine without him. We'd be fine with him.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan has only outplayed Watkins, because Watkins has forced opposing D-coordinators to focus on HIM.

Agree, that trading multiple picks for a WR is stupid. The Bills win last night with better O-line play and better QB play. They could've fielded Megatron, Dez Bryant, and Sammy Watkins and still lost that game...

I knew Orton would drop back to Earth. He is NOT all-of-a-sudden going to take the NFL by storm in his 10th year. He's had plenty of opportunities to be good, but he has proven to be nothing better than a backup who can win 2-3 games in-a-pinch...

Now the Bills are stuck with no QB, a weak O-line, and no 1st round pick to improve at those spots... smh... Good news for us is they will continue to lose, thus improving our draft position next year...

the only person that stopped Kyle Orton from being great is Kyle Orton... He has the intelligence to have done it and an ok arm.. Alcoholism is a real killer... ask his buddy Jack Daniels.

I still can't believe you guys passed him up...Why are you so worried about the Browns?? You wanted him. and now you have him. Stop acting like an ass and go watch him play. Your happy with your pick and we are happy with our pick. Im not at the Bills board telling them they are dumb for making the trade, so why are you here telling us we are????

Why do you guys even show your ignorance trashing Watkins? Most of us aren't trashing him. I see a bunch of people saying he's very good, just not what OUR team needed or wanted. Does it hurt your brain to accept this?

Buffalo has him, and you don't<<<<<<<.( wow. no words to describe how childish this comment sounds) But, we are thrilled too.

You are solidly in control of the division....Yes we are. And we were 4-12 last year. So Id say our FO did one hell of a great job this off season. But we are still subjected to hearing about what he "didnt" do. He DID get a ton a great players, yet we hear about the one he didn't get. We are 6-3, yet all we hear we could be 7-2.

You also have a couple of QBs to be proud of.....Yes we do, yet you continue to yak about what we "dont" have....stop being such a soggy turd.

Watkins could be the best receiver EVER and I wouldnt care, because he's not on my team. Never was. There are lots of players we didn't draft and I can't spend my time worrying about "shoulda, coulda, woulda".....Thats what losers do.

To me, he's just another #1 receiver on another team in another division, just like the other 30 or so #1 receivers. So why would I care about him 1 way or the other?

He's the first receiver in history to cost two #1 picks. Lets hope, for the Bills sake, that he was worth it. Obviously the Browns didnt think so.

Well, I will revisit this in a few weeks my friend.. Then we will see if you are just as cocky after those lofty comments.

Believe it or not, the armour isn't as thick as you think..

Oh, it's gonna take a lot more than a few weeks to pan out buddy. We still have a pick to make next year and the players have barely started their careers. If you think a few weeks is all it takes to determine a players worth, then nothing you say has credibility.

THATS why you experts who "know it all" and draw conclusions based on only a few games dont get any football respect from me.

And Im not sure what I said that was "lofty" or "cocky". I basically just said he's YOUR receiver and I don't want him. Is that cocky? lofty? On the other hand, for YOU to come HERE and say:

1) We are rubbing shit in your faces??? really?..... It's you who came here to rub Sammy in our face, isnt it???

2) We are neanderthal thinking....ignorant fans???.......So who's the cocky one?

Look, I know you're only here to stir the pot and thats why you only engage in these types of discussions. But try as you might, I will never want Watkins. I dont regret passing on him. I dont regret having 2 picks next year. I dont regret waiting for Gordon. And I will never ever regret NOT paying 2 first round picks for a WR. Never ever ever.

So, come back in a few weeks if you like. For what? I dont know. Maybe Sammy will score another TD. Or maybe the Browns will lose and then you can claim is was because we didnt have Sammy. I dont know. Whats in a few weeks pray tell?

ahhhhhhh. Could be. I dunno. But if so, yeah, one game between two teams is all it takes to determine how well their drafts went.

In truth, that game wont prove anything except which team played better that day.

Maybe he thinks if the Bills win, that means we blew it with Watkins??? OR, if the Browns win, that means we didn't????

Hell, I dont know. Just what will we learn??........................??

I still don't get how some of you can't acknowledge what Hoyer would be doing this year and what he'll likely do next year if he had Gordon and Watkins to throw to along with possibly Cameron and slot types like Hawkins and Austin. I think Hawkins and Austin would have themselves simply unreal seasons with Gordon and Watkins out there. Plus Watkins would be our insurance for the next time Gordon gets popped. I get it we didn't draft him and frankly I was done with this discussion after my thread got locked. But you guys keep wanting to troll the Watkins discussion and make the Buffalo fan here feel like we already got way over on the Bills. We didn't get over on them, the didn't get over on us. If we take their pick and land some AAA talent with it, than maybe..i dunno. Does it matter? And why are we treating Bills fans like Steeler fgts that come round here? Srsly....obviously I want Buffalo to shit the bed this season so that pick is as high as possible, but I'm not gonna be an asshole to a Bills fan who really wasn't being a dick until people here were being a dick to him. Just fucking relax. For the immediate future we absolutely passed on production "right now" by not taking Watkins...that is beyond debate. If Gilbert becomes a Sherman/Revis type than we made out on it the deal. Now can we just drop it?

... (the AFCN) is as weak as it gets.

Once upon a time our Buffalo visitors were considered to be among the most intelligent, well mannered to drop by...

That seems like a long time ago now...

Once upon a time our Buffalo visitors were considered to be among the most intelligent, well mannered to drop by...That seems like a long time ago now...

It looks like he said that, I almost responded too, but that was actually a Browns fan, stuck inside his quote, saying that the AFC East is weak. Which it always is.

Z

New England runs the AFC east, and I would hardly call them weak... The rest of the teams yes, but as it sits right now, Cleveland has nothing for Brady and company.

Come get a taste of what we deal with each and every year...

New England could use some competition. One solid team that won Super Bowls a decade ago does not a division make.

z

New England could use some competition. One solid team that won Super Bowls a decade ago does not a division make.

z

Aren't Miami and Buffalo both amongst the top 5 defense's in the NFL right now? None of the AFC North's defense's were anywhere near the top of the ranking list I looked at the other day. Frankly neither was NE's. For years the AFC north was defined not by offense's amongst the best in the NFL, but by two of the best defense's in the NFL not just that year but consistent over many years. But I still wouldn't call the East a pussy division because they have 3 awful offense's.

Aren't Miami and Buffalo both amongst the top 5 defense's in the NFL right now? None of the AFC North's defense's were anywhere near the top of the ranking list I looked at the other day. Frankly neither was NE's. For years the AFC north was defined not by offense's amongst the best in the NFL, but by two of the best defense's in the NFL not just that year but consistent over many years. But I still wouldn't call the East a pussy division because they have 3 awful offense's.

I dont think any body said they were pussies ... but Miami would be the 5th best team in the AFC North.

Z

I dont think any body said they were pussies ... but Miami would be the 5th best team in the AFC North.

Z

How do you come to that conclusion? I'm not saying you're wrong or you're right...but MIami has the 2nd best defense in the NFL and Buffalo the 7th. Blt is 11th I believe so they're the highest ranked AFC north team defensively. How can you be so sure that if Miami or Buffalo were in our division they wouldn't be a serious problem?

OVerall the Ravens but only because they have Flacco who imo is annoying as shit to look at but one of the elite QB's in the NFL. Without Flacco....I go Miami because their defense is better.

I get what you are saying about the defenses, but my only point is that our fourth place team is better than their second place team.

Z

Mike Evans had two TDs for 200+ yards against Redskins. Kelvin Benjamin and philly Brown both scored. Martavis Bryant has scored in his last three games. Rookie wide receivers don't make a difference. Jordan Mathews made Mark Sanchez look like Bart Starr last week but rookie wide receivers don't make a difference.

Mike Evans had two TDs for 200+ yards against Redskins. Kelvin Benjamin and philly Brown both scored. Martavis Bryant has scored in his last three games. Rookie wide receivers don't make a difference. Jordan Mathews made Mark Sanchez look like Bart Starr last week but rookie wide receivers don't make a difference.

You could have had any one of those receivers for 1 1st round pick, or you could have had watkins for 2. Which would you choose? That is the question,

you're a female?

that explains it.

don't you realize one player doesn't make a difference? yeah evans was my fave receiver and yeah he had a great game...how many wins do they have? how about carolina? how did philly look today?

how about mack on defense for oakland. yeah he single-handedly stopped the chargers today...NOT.

exactly.

you're a female?

that explains it.

don't you realize one player doesn't make a difference? yeah evans was my fave receiver and yeah he had a great game...how many wins do they have? how about carolina? how did philly look today?

how about mack on defense for oakland. yeah he single-handedly stopped the chargers today...NOT.

exactly.

Mack would be nice in a Browns uni right about now. I knew he was going to be awesome and he is, probably be def. rookie of the year. Yeah he can't win games single handedly, especially not on the Raiders. But we could have moved him around the entire LB'ing corp. Him learning under Dansby=perfect.

"What a Difference a Day Makes" 24 little hours....

The point is that we, as in our teams are still pretty weak overall, and more parts are needed.

Others, disappointing loss for sure, but Watt has that effect of other game plans.

I agree.

Watt was "as advertised", no surprises there.

And, after 24 little hours, I am more convinced than ever that we need that extra draft pick next year(thanks!). No WR would have made the difference yesterday. But a nice linebacker or D tackle next year just might.

I agree.

Watt was "as advertised", no surprises there.

And, after 24 little hours, I am more convinced than ever that we need that extra draft pick next year(thanks!). No WR would have made the difference yesterday. But a nice linebacker or D tackle next year just might.

Don't be silly, we would have won that game with Sammy Watkins. I hear he's a monster blocker and would have been able to cover Watt for his TD.

Zombo,

Cleveland is on fire?

Enter Dinah Washington's classic, "What a Difference a Day Makes" 24 little hours....

Back to the real world my friend.. And here in Buffalo, it sucks...

The point is that we, as in our teams are still pretty weak overall, and more parts are needed. Don't get too high, or too low after a game.

Did you see NE last night? We have to deal with that 5 headed monster twice a year, and until Brady retires, or we get a QB remotely as great, we have little chance. It is ALL about the QB, case closed. Until our teams hit on one, this inconsistency is what we get.

Others, disappointing loss for sure, but Watt has that effect of other game plans.

Your world does suck, because you are a Bills fan.

My Browns, on the other hand, are a half game out of first, with the best WR in football joining the team today.

You sure love to play the "poor pity me, we are in the same division as New England" card. Let me point out some things: Baltimore and Pittsburgh have three Super Bowls since NE won one. The AFC North features four teams that are better than the Bills this year. That's right, all four. There are no Jets in our division. Don't forget, the Patriots basically start out 4-0 every season because they have the Bills and Jets twice.

Zombo

Mack would be nice in a Browns uni right about now. I knew he was going to be awesome and he is, probably be def. rookie of the year. Yeah he can't win games single handedly, especially not on the Raiders. But we could have moved him around the entire LB'ing corp. Him learning under Dansby=perfect.

oh hell yeah. farmer decided to go in another direction in the draft. we'll see how it plays out. you have to understand farmer played in the defensive backfield as safety at duke. LB in philly. he and pettine are both defensive guys, they are going to favor the defense every time IMO. believe me, i hope to hell we address the LB position next year PLENTY. DL and OL as well. throw in a big tall WR and TE and i'm good.

I'm sure you will use it to draft another stud like Barkevious Mingo..Or maybe maybe really hit the jack pot and draft another Brandon Weeden or Trent Richardson. Possibly another instant contributor like..well. Brady Quinn or Helen Winslow II.

And yet, with all those screwups with first rounders, the Browns are still better......and the Bills haven't seen the playoffs longer than the Browns have seen the playoffs.

Neither team can brag about the past decade plus.

What I'm trying to be is a gentleman. And I am puling for the Browns to win the division for the rest of the fanbase who isn't as cocky as some on this thread.

And BTW, you went from "on fire" first, right to dead last in those 24 little hours. Maybe personal Karma from all of the large talk?

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. As far as the Bills, we'll reserve that debate for two weeks.

We're still on fire, Buffalo Breath. One loss does not a Season make.

The whole "counting chickens" thing ... I didn't see hardly anybody on here taking the Texans game for granted. I know I didn't. In fact I believe I said to you "we are either going to be first place at 7-3 or 6-4 and a half game out at worst" when we get JG back, does that sound like someone counting unhatched chickens, dickweed? I knew they were getting defensive studs back and that they would be a rough matchup for us. it's just a bump in the road. Browns are still going to roll, and we're bringing the Ferrari out of the garage this week.

Zombo

Archived