THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills WR Hogan outplaying "superstar" Sammy Watkins

Pumpkin Eater

I'm sure you will use it to draft another stud like Barkevious Mingo..Or maybe maybe really hit the jack pot and draft another Brandon Weeden or Trent Richardson. Possibly another instant contributor like..well. Brady Quinn or Helen Winslow II.

Past regimes made those choices. This current one looks a lot smarter so far. I'd like to think the Watkins draft-trade will be a win/win for both of our teams.

Some people, like the original poster of this thread, are eager to look at the trade as a win for the Browns right now. Can't blame them really, but they need to cool it until we see what we do with Bills 2015 #1 draft pick AND at least a season or two of performance from that pick.

I agree with your QB issues affecting Watkins performance, and others are right that he is taking the heavier coverage, thereby allowing Hogan to "out-perform". That being said, I can't explain why our top WR Gordon dealt with similar circumstances last year yet made history that season...minus two games! Perhaps our GM is a shrewd operator as we all think he is and decided Bills first rounder next year and Gordon coming back at some point was a great plan. So far that's looked to be a good decision, IMO.

Gordon is our Watkins, and he didn't cost us a first round pick, and we know he's a play-maker.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they?

How many snaps did your current first round flop play against a first time starter Ryan Mallett QBed team?

I believe in Mike Pettine, and I believe he is wishing he had a do-over.

Picks are simply not doing Cleveland any good, and there is history to prove it.

I guess we will find out in two weeks who is better.

Sure, we will. But a fucking Buffalo must have sat on your mother when she was pregnant with you for you to act so high and mighty.

As for picks not doing Cleveland good, what period are you talking about? Just these past years picks? The top two are not doing so well, as they are after all rookies, and rookies really should not be depended on that much, but Joel Bitonio is doing great, as are Terence West and Christian Kirksey. And a couple of others are contributing. Desir and Gilbert will come around. They probably play the second toughest position on the field.

JFF was never meant to be a starter...yet.

Look guys..

I know I'm on your turf, and I expect to be bashed..

But, I'm not here to start shit. (Well, maybe a little)... Like I said, I like Zombo's pissed off attitude. Our fan base is the same. Come to the BBMB, and expect to get killed.

I'm here because I see Buffalo and Cleveland as getting a bad rap from the damn football gods and the glamor cities.. The football gods can kiss my ass.

I also want our teams to start giving punches in the mouth instead of taking them for so long. I want a SB WIN for my Bills, but if I can't have that, I want it for you guys too because we know here in Buffalo what you all have been through the last 20 years..

The Watkins thing as TML stated (to put it to bed) will be a win-win for both of our franchises.

These teams will get media run when they are winning. Neither has made playoffs in over a decade. The Bills had no trouble getting media run in the early 90s, did they? And the Browns have been actually getting a ton of media run. First drafting JFF, then Gordon's issues, then winning.

Those 2 1st rd picks should be OL and either DL or LB. Nothing else.

And I wouldn't hate if our second round was OL also.

WR are shiny hood ornaments good for 2-5 plays per game.

Unless they're absolute fly catching game breakers who when paired with even a decent qb will make him look like a pro bowler. Watkins is that guy now. The routes Shanny could have woven into this offense for Watkins and how that would have opened up other routes that the other guys run, we could conceivably be undefeated. The impact Watkins would have made on this offense is beyond debate...the only thing debateable is whether Gilbert will or will not reach his potential. Frankly I have no idea. The whole defense save a few secondary guys has taken a tremendous step back this year for reasons I can't quite discern.

and yeah those 1st round picks have to address the O line and then something defense. Problem is those picks are going to be somewhere around the mid rounds. So we won't have a shot at the top tier O lineman and probably not the DL either. MIght just have to be BPA for OL and DL/LB. If Perryman is there we might have to take him with the 1st pick cause he won't last past the late 1st round.

"The impact Watkins would have made on this offense is beyond debate"

I agree that his impact is beyond debate - it's a failure. Based on where the Browns are, picking Watkins is ridiculously stupid.

Gilbert + a first round OL is much, much better value for that one slot.

The issue is the opportunity cost of what you could have for that pick, not "watkins or andrew hawkins."

Archived