THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon countdown over ...

DownSouthKC

wouldn't call it the worst game, but yeah.. it's not the end of the world.. 10-6 is still a viable record to attain.. and that's winning.. no time to panic,yet.

After this game, yes, browns could use him. Worse game of the year so far

Definitely the worst game for our receivers to date. Which, given the early predictions, is fortunate for us.

Ironic(and very good) that they made it till the week before Josh comes back, before letting down some.

So, if they were holding down the fort, waiting for the re-enforcer. I think they've done well.

After this game, yes, browns could use him. Worse game of the year so far

No this wasn't as bad as the JAX game. And yes we desperately need a #1 receiver. I really like Miles Austin but he's not the #1 guy you put in your system. Austin could be one of the best slot guys in the NFL but if we're asking him to run through doubles all game long you see what happens. He doesn't get enough separation on the stretch routes. Using him as a #1 just doesn't utilize his best routes. We needed to address this position in the draft but we didn't and this is what we get. Another team basically just stopped our run with their front 7 and everybody else dropped and compacted the field...with no guy to stretch that downfield our guys were running into buzz saws most of the time. Only time that abated was at the end of the game where we went no huddle and the LB'ers got gassed, couldn't get depth quickly enough and our guys got behind them.

Gordon... awesome. I hope Cameron will be able to get back too...

I would say this is Gordon's, "Last Chance Texaco" in Cleveland. He needs to strap himself onto the wagon and NEVER fall off.

He could be a future HOFer. He could be an icon for the "Biggest Waste of Talent" award

I hope this is a rare exception where the Hood WAS taken out of the kid. He has a lot riding on it.

So does the Browns organization and fellow players.

I'd let him loose on the field but keep him on a very short leash for any 'slip ups'

I agree with Steve, dog shit wouldn't steam on a hot Summer day.

Actually it does... it's just that you can't see it as the "steam" does not condense in warm/ hot air...

Kinda like seeing your breath in cold weather...

Not that your breath smells like dog shit...

... I hope...

it should definitely help the offense that gordon is back. i saw a couple of throws yesterday (in traffic) a taller WR could have made. austin is the tallest guy out there and why he disappeared i don't know.

let's hope gordon comes in at game speed ready to play.

and let's hope shanny calls a better friggin game and puts into consideration our lack luster OLine play.

it should definitely help the offense that gordon is back. i saw a couple of throws yesterday (in traffic) a taller WR could have made. austin is the tallest guy out there and why he disappeared i don't know.

let's hope gordon comes in at game speed ready to play.

and let's hope shanny calls a better friggin game and puts into consideration our lack luster OLine play.

On turf we should be able to utilize Gordon & Gabriel's speed, Hawkins' shiftiness.

And how about a screen pass once in awhile?

maybe we need a point of clarification from some of the scientists here. A hot summer day would seem to be 85 to 95 degrees and if dogs internal temperature is below that wouldn't that mean no steam?

WSS

Not sure about the steam part, but It would probably mean your dog is dead(or close).

6-4 without our key offensive component is not bad. We can easily finish 4-2 and be right there. We might need more than that though

So is 6-10.

Biggest issue is the injuries on defense are starting to take their toll. Gave up 200+ yards to a backup running back- again. Losing Phil Taylor on D was as big as losing Mack on O.

The other big issue is Hoyer. No, he's not a pile of dog poop, but he's no Aaron Rodgers either. Consistently inconsistent- not only from game to game, but within the game itself. Threw some beautiful passes- also threw some absolute stinkers. 40% completion percentage, and a 62 qbr against a top defense isn't good enough. Will he be willing to settle into a long term backup role when Manziel takes over? Stay tuned.

One thing fer sure- if the Browns want to start thinking playoffs- beating Atlanta is a must win.

Petwebmd says the normal body temperature for dogs is between 101 and 102.5 F.

Still, you are not going to see it steam on a hot Summers Day. We're not counting invisible steam are we?

Zombo

Wellll.....it wasn't specified specifically(visible, invisible, condensed)......Ill say steam is steam.....even if it's invisible.

And 85 degree doggy may now be steaming too.

LOL...

Well... steam is technically water vapor and you can not see water vapor. If it helps you to think of it as invisible, then by all means.

What you actually see when you think you see "steam" is a liquid water aerosol.

Fun Fact: Even ice "steams", i.e., frozen water has a vapor pressure. Water molecules actually move from solid ice to water vapor without ever being liquid water. It's a process known as sublimation.

SCIENCE! It's sublime!

Almost forgot why I looked in on this thread again...

Happy Josh Gordon Day, everyone

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/happy-josh-gordon-day--everyone-181001788.html

Here's Browns safety Donte Whitner with an explanation:

"[i'm] very intrigued because playing on the defensive side of the ball, you know how much one guy at the X receiver, you understand what that does to a defense,'' [Whitner] said. "You can't allow a corner to go one-on-one against [Gordon]. You have to take the extra guy out of the box. So I know our offensive line and our running backs will be happy to pull that extra guy out of the box. Even if he's not getting the football and being a decoy, you still have to respect that. So he'll be a great weapon for us."

Archived