THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer's contract

dawg08

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would offer him back up money. The guy is not a starter. There is a reason he has been a back up and cut from teams his whole career.

yup.. 9-4 and he's not a starter... your dumb.

He's smart, a good leader, and inaccurate when unable to set and stride. All depends upon what we think we have in Manziel.

Amended... but might be even simpler to say "under duress".

He seems to play afraid...his low turnover count sort of indicates he's afraid of making certain throws because he's afraid of throwing a pick. Probably because he doesn't have elite accuracy.

If you're going to guess, just stop...

He seems to play afraid...his low turnover count sort of indicates he's afraid of making certain throws because he's afraid of throwing a pick. Probably because he doesn't have elite accuracy.

As tour said, you're guessing. #1 in the NFL completion % throws over 15 yd going into today - he isn't afraid to go down the field.

A ha!!! There's a jab. Good for you.

But l think you're right. Not so much afraid, but Hoyer always seems to err on the side of the non-interception throw. Which still counts as an incompletion.

Good call, but this was a learning curve game for us.

We are so gonna kick your ass week 17.

Circling it and putting hearts next to the date on my calendar.

A ha!!! There's a jab. Good for you.

But l think you're right. Not so much afraid, but Hoyer always seems to err on the side of the non-interception throw. Which still counts as an incompletion.

Good call, but this was a learning curve game for us.

We are so gonna kick your ass week 17.

Circling it and putting hearts next to the date on my calendar.

Yeah, not afraid just overly cautious.

You very well might depending upon the impact of Gordon returning.

As tour said, you're guessing. #1 in the NFL completion % throws over 15 yd going into today - he isn't afraid to go down the field.

And guessing badly... pertinent info I failed to mention earlier.

What's paradoxical is that Hoyer will stand in and deliver the ball on target in the face of monster shots like the last he took from Cushing, but shy from pressure still relatively contained by his line...

It's perplexing...

As for coverages...

I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...

Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.

Amended... but might be even simpler to say "under duress".

If you're going to guess, just stop...

Not a guess...he isn't the most accurate qb. He's inconsistent with ball placement. Certain coverages he shys away from. Under pressure he's as likely to throw off target as on target, sometimes with not even real pressure just sort of panicky

As for coverages...

I don't know, but then neither do you as you get to see coverages on maybe 1 play in 10 in any broadcast. So you are guessing...

Pressure? Yes... as I just posted the threat of pressure up the middle in his face gets to BH. If you kill his stride, his accuracy plummets.

It's called game rewind my friend.

Ah ha!

You think the Ravens got the goods to shut Hoyer down? Or do you think Gordon's the key?

I would cuss at you if you weren't so damn polite.

Darn you.

Hahaha. Sorry, I'll work on being a little more inflammatory.

I think if Gordon comes back strong we have no one healthy to cover him.

Only thing making me not piss my pants about week 17 is that it's in Baltimore.

I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush

But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down

It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.

Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.

I wouldn't say he's afraid. He does stand in there and get blasted by the rush

But he is not very accurate, especially when the other team knows he's throwing. ie 3rd down

It didn't help today that Miles dropped 2 perfect passes, but Hoyer was way under 50% before those 2 throws.

Hoyer was not the "main" reason why the Browns lost, but he didn't help them to win either.

This is pretty much my understanding of the game.

Archived