THE BROWNS BOARD

Offensive line is "offensive"

Dmv28

I think we are seeing a trend with our offensive (& defensive) lines being out-muscled and outplayed more times than not. Even in some of their wins (Tampa Bay comes to mind) their offensive line was outplayed. I know that most games are decided by who controls the line of scrimmage and we are failing to do this consistently.

As bad as Hoyer looked yesterday, it is really hard to be accurate when falling back to avoid the rush and/or the sack. I know, Mack is a big missing piece, but all teams deal with injuries to key players and the good ones seem to overcome it. Lastly, Mitchell Swartz needs to get more physical if he can, he is being pushed around on a consistent basis.

First, welcome...

Since Mack went down, the only time our O-line has not been outplayed was at Cinci.

The sharp contrast between what was gelling into a "great" O-line and what we have now makes things seem worse. Clearly we have a serious depth issue, but what makes it so bad is we are now weak in the area where the rush most seriously affects Hoyer... right in his face.

First, welcome...

Since Mack went down, the only time our O-line has not been outplayed was at Cinci.

The sharp contrast between what was gelling into a "great" O-line and what we have now makes things seem worse. Clearly we have a serious depth issue, but what makes it so bad is we are now weak in the area where the rush most seriously affects Hoyer... right in his face.

Wich still bothers Me that we cut Garret Gilky...

Archived