THE BROWNS BOARD

Injuries

Zombo

Anybody hear anything re the injuries yesterday? Dansby and Sheard did not return I believe. Winn came back in. Front seven is taking a beating.

Sheard's injury was an ankle, I guess might see a lot of Mingo the next few weeks.

Zombo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard anything definitive about either.....I did see mention of Dansby have "strained" knee ligaments and some further tests were planned for today.....that doesn't sound great.....

Edit: Found the quote. Uusually dont trust Schefter, but here it is.

"The Browns believe Dansby suffered a sprained MCL, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Dansby is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday

Haven't heard anything definitive about either.....I did see mention of Dansby have "strained" knee ligaments and some further tests were planned for today.....that doesn't sound great.....

Edit: Found the quote. Uusually dont trust Schefter, but here it is.

"The Browns believe Dansby suffered a sprained MCL, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Dansby is scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday[/size]

If that's the case,then MLB should be considered a priority in next years draft regardless of how Dansby comes back... I can only imagine this may slow him down a step.

If that's the case,then MLB should be considered a priority in next years draft regardless of how Dansby comes back... I can only imagine this may slow him down a step.

and factor in his age..... he definitely cant go forever(2 -3 yrs ?)...and old bones do tend to heal slowly.....we'll have to wait see how he responds, but im guessing he's gonna miss some games.....

hopefully, he's back soon.....we are looking depleted

LB is not a spot that hurts as much as others to lose players.

Our D went from dominant to putrid with the loss of Jimmy Smith.

Linebackers are a dime a dozen.

Just shut the fuck up.

Dansby was having an All Pro caliber season and is one the leaders of the defense.

Never came off the field.

Don't act like I don't know the difference between the impact a cornerback and a linebacker make, I've been watching football for 40+ years, and when I say "fuck", I mean "fuck".

And I'm saying Fuck.

I like the guy a lot.

So shut the fuck up.

Zombo

Just shut the fuck up.

Dansby was having an All Pro caliber season and is one the leaders of the defense.

Don't act like I don't know the difference between the impact a cornerback and a linebacker make, I've been watching football for 40+ years, and when I say "fuck", I mean "fuck".

And I'm saying Fuck.

I like the guy a lot.

So shut the fuck up.

Zombo

Ok, didn't know about your man crush Z, forgive me. :P

I'm not saying you shouldn't care, but it's far from a knock out blow.

Fuck.

Zombo

My thought exactly. Injuries are part of the game, but we have more than our fair share, and to be honest, it's going to be a monumental task to overcome them...... Not impossible by any means, but certainly far from easy.

Anybody hear anything re the injuries yesterday? Dansby and Sheard did not return I believe. Winn came back in. Front seven is taking a beating.

Sheard's injury was an ankle, I guess might see a lot of Mingo the next few weeks.

Zombo

Pettine said that we'll be seeing more of Kirksey & Tank.

Just shut the fuck up.

And I'm saying Fuck.

I like the guy a lot.

So shut the fuck up.

Zombo

I like the name change Zomb, cracked me up.

I was thinking probably mix in something like "TroublesomePurpleTribble" - any Star Trek fans will find that amusing.

Browns front 7 is just getting fucked up. It was the area of most depth, now it is becomin a MASH unit.

Taylor out

Armonty Bryant out

John Hughes out

Dansby....3-4 weeks?

Sheard...out?

Backup LB Darius Eubanks out?

What's left:

DL: Winn, Rubin, Kitchen, Des Bryant, Sione Fua

LB: Robertson, Pough, Mingo, Eric Martin, Kruger, Kirksey, Tank Carder

Can we suffice with that? What moves can be made?:

Activate Hughes if he is ready.

Bring up DLs Jacobbi McDaniel or Christian Tupou from PS

Bring up LBs Allen Bradford or DJ Smith from PS

Get someone off the street? But who?

First, PurplePantyWaste is inspired... especially the Waist homonym...

Sheard? Season? Fuck... Just a couple months ago our front seven was so deep...

fuck
[fuhk] Spell Syllables
Usage alertFor many people, the word fuck is extremely vulgar, considered improperand taboo in all of its senses. Yet various forms of the word, primarily in itsnonliteral, slang senses, have increasingly crept into casual use, not only asspontaneous expletives of shock, horror, or anger, but also as verbal ticsand common intensifiers, mere indices of annoyance or impatience or evenpleasant surprise: Where are my fucking keys? What the fuck is taking solong? This is fucking awesome!Nevertheless, the term is best avoidedaltogether in “polite company.” The mass broadcast media have actuallybeen forced by the threat of punitive fines to block audiences from hearingit, either by banning its use entirely or by bleeping all or part of the sound—ifonly by blocking out nothing more than the vowel sound in the middle.
Although its first known occurrence in writing dates from the late 1400s(disguised in a cipher at that), the word fuck was undoubtedly heard longbefore that, and it remains primarily a creature of the spoken language. Wellinto the 20th century, it was generally regarded as “unprintable,” and formslike f*** or f--k or some spelling distortion like frack or frig or fork or fugwere typically substituted for it in writing. In speech, creative euphemismsabound, some born with each new generation. We now have eff and effingas well as f-word and f-bomb, all of which allow us to discuss the termwithout resorting to its actual use.verb (used with object)
to have sexual intercourse with.
Slang. to treat unfairly or harshly.
verb (used without object)
to have sexual intercourse.
Slang. to meddle (usually followed by around or with).
interjection
Slang. (used to express anger, disgust, peremptory rejection, etc.,often followed by a pronoun, as you or it.)
noun
an act of sexual intercourse.
a partner in sexual intercourse.
Slang. a person, especially one who is annoying or contemptible.
the fuck, Slang. (used as an intensifier, especially with WH-questions,to express annoyance, impatience, etc.)
Verb phrases
fuck around, Slang.
  1. to behave in a frivolous or meddlesome way.
  2. to engage in promiscuous sex.
fuck off, Slang.
  1. to shirk one's duty; malinger.
  2. go away: used as an exclamation of impatience.
  3. to waste time.
fuck up, Slang.
  1. to bungle or botch; ruin.
  2. to act stupidly or carelessly; cause trouble; mess up.
Idioms
give a fuck, Slang. to care; be concerned (usually used in thenegative):
When it comes to politics, I really don't give a fuck.
OriginExpand
1495-1505
1495-1505; akin to Middle Dutch fokken to thrust, copulate with, Swedishdialect focka to copulate with, strike, push, fock penis
Related formsExpand
fucky, adjective
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
Cite This Source
British Dictionary definitions for fuckExpand
fuck
/fʌk/
verb
to have sexual intercourse with (someone)
noun
an act of sexual intercourse
a partner in sexual intercourse, esp one of specified competence orexperience
not care a fuck, not give a fuck, not to care at all
interjection
(offensive) an expression of strong disgust or anger (often inexclamatory phrases such as fuck you! fuck it! etc)
Usage note
The use and overuse of fuck in the everyday speech of many people hasled, to some extent, to a lessening of its impact as an expletive. However,the word still retains its shock value, although it is less now than it waswhen the critic Kenneth Tynan caused controversy by saying it on Britishtelevision in 1965
Word Origin
C16: of Germanic origin; related to Middle Dutch fokken to strike
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Cite This Source
Word Origin and History for fuckExpand
v.

until recently a difficult word to trace, in part because it was taboo to theeditors of the original OED when the "F" volume was compiled, 1893-97.Written form only attested from early 16c. OED 2nd edition cites 1503, inthe form fukkit ; earliest appearance of current spelling is 1535 -- "Bischops... may fuck thair fill and be vnmaryit" [sir David Lyndesay, "Ane Satyre ofthe Thrie Estaits" ], but presumably it is a much more ancient word thanthat, simply one that wasn't written in the kind of texts that have survivedfrom Old English and Middle English. Buck cites proper name John le Fuckerfrom 1278, but the surname could have other explanations. The wordapparently is hinted at in a scurrilous 15c. poem, titled "Flen flyys," writtenin bastard Latin and Middle English. The relevant line reads:

Non
sunt
in
celi

quia
fuccant
uuiuys
of
heli

"They [the monks] are not in heaven because they fuck the wives of [thetown of] Ely." Fuccant is pseudo-Latin, and in the original it is written incipher. The earliest examples of the word otherwise are from Scottish,which suggests a Scandinavian origin, perhaps from a word akin toNorwegian dialectal fukka "copulate," or Swedish dialectal focka "copulate,strike, push," and fock "penis." Another theory traces it to Middle Englishfyke, fike "move restlessly, fidget," which also meant "dally, flirt," andprobably is from a general North Sea Germanic word; cf. Middle Dutchfokken, German ficken "fuck," earlier "make quick movements to and fro,flick," still earlier "itch, scratch;" the vulgar sense attested from 16c. Thiswould parallel in sense the usual Middle English slang term for "have sexualintercourse," swive, from Old English swifan "to move lightly over, sweep"(see swivel ). But OED remarks these "cannot be shown to be related" tothe English word. Chronology and phonology rule out Shipley's attempt toderive it from Middle English firk "to press hard, beat."

Germanic
words
of
similar
form
(f
+
vowel
+
consonant)
and
meaning
'copulate'
are
numerous.
One
of
them
is
G.
ficken
They
often
have
additional
senses,
especially
'cheat,'
but
their
basic
meaning
is
'move
back
and
forth.'
Most
probably,
fuck
is
a
borrowing
from
Low
German
and
has
no
cognates
outside
Germanic.
[Liberman]

French foutre and Italian fottere look like the English word but are unrelated,derived rather from Latin futuere, which is perhaps from PIE root *bhau(t)-"knock, strike off," extended via a figurative use "from the sexual applicationof violent action" [shipley; cf. the sexual slang use of bang, etc.]. Popularand Internet derivations from acronyms (and the "pluck yew" fable) aremerely ingenious trifling. The Old English word was hæman, from ham"dwelling, home," with a sense of "take home, co-habit." Fuck wasoutlawed in print in England (by the Obscene Publications Act, 1857) and theU.S. (by the Comstock Act, 1873). As a noun, it dates from 1670s. Theword may have been shunned in print, but it continued in conversation,especially among soldiers during World War I.

It
became
so
common
that
an
effective
way
for
the
soldier
to
express
this
emotion
was
to
omit
this
word.
Thus
if
a
sergeant
said,
'Get
your
----ing
rifles!'
it
was
understood
as
a
matter
of
routine.
But
if
he
said
'Get
your
rifles!'
there
was
an
immediate
implication
of
urgency
and
danger.
[John
Brophy,
"Songs
and
Slang
of
the
British
Soldier:
1914-1918,"
pub.
1930]

The legal barriers broke down in the 20th century, with the "Ulysses"decision (U.S., 1933) and "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (U.S., 1959; U.K.,1960). Johnson excluded the word, and fuck wasn't in a single Englishlanguage dictionary from 1795 to 1965. "The Penguin Dictionary" broke thetaboo in the latter year. Houghton Mifflin followed, in 1969, with "TheAmerican Heritage Dictionary," but it also published a "Clean Green" editionwithout the word, to assure itself access to the lucrative public high schoolmarket.

The abbreviation F (or eff) probably began as euphemistic, but by 1943 itwas being used as a cuss word, too. In 1948, the publishers of "The Nakedand the Dead" persuaded Norman Mailer to use the euphemism fug instead.When Mailer later was introduced to Dorothy Parker, she greeted him with,"So you're the man who can't spell 'fuck' " [The quip sometimes isattributed to Tallulah Bankhead]. Hemingway used muck in "For whom theBell Tolls" (1940). The major breakthrough in publication was James Jones'"From Here to Eternity" (1950), with 50 fucks (down from 258 in theoriginal manuscript). Egyptian legal agreements from the 23rd Dynasty(749-21 B.C.E.) frequently include the phrase, "If you do not obey thisdecree, may a donkey copulate with you!" [Reinhold Aman, "Maledicta,"Summer 1977]. Fuck-all "nothing" first recorded 1960.

Verbal phrase fuck up "to ruin, spoil, destroy" first attested c.1916. Awidespread group of Slavic words (cf. Polish pierdolić) can mean both"fornicate" and "make a mistake." Fuck off attested from 1929; as acommand to depart, by 1944. Flying fuck originally meant "have sex onhorseback" and is first attested c.1800 in broadside ballad "New Feats ofHorsemanship." For the unkillable urban legend that this word is an acronymof some sort (a fiction traceable on the Internet to 1995 but probablypredating that) see here, and also here. Related: Fucked ; fucking. Agentnoun fucker attested from 1590s in literal sense; by 1893 as a term ofabuse (or admiration).

DUCK
F-CK-R.
The
man
who
has
the
care
of
the
poultry
on
board
a
ſhip
of
war.
["Classical
Dictionary
of
the
Vulgar
Tongue,"
1796]

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source
Slang definitions & phrases for fuckExpand
fuck interjection

An exclamation of disgust, disappointment, dismay, etc : and yelled againstthe moan of the wind as loud as he could, ''Fuck!'' (1940s+)

noun
  1. An instance of the sex act : a quick fuck (1680+)
  2. A sex partner : She said he's not a bad fuck (1874+)
  3. A despicable person; bastard, prick: Why don't you fucks find a curefor that already?/ ''Oh yes, of course,'' said the fuck (1920s+)
verb
  1. To do the sex act with or to someone (1200s+)
  2. To cheat; swindle; maltreat; take advantage of; fuck over, screw: Iwas with them twenty years, but they fucked me anyhow (1860s+)
  3. To curse and vilify; revile extremely; damn •Strongest of the cursingterms that include wishing the person or thing to eternal damnation :''damn,'' ''to hell with,'' and mentally subjecting the person or thing toan act of sodomy: ''fuck, screw,'' and British ''bugger'' and ''sod''; hasthe elaborate variant fuck them all but six and save them forpallbearers: Fuck the money, I'm gone go on this ride/ Ah, fuck thatnoise (1920s+)
  4. To botch and confuse; ruin; fuck up: My God, if the doctor sent out abill, it might fuck the whole thing (1920s+)
Related Terms

dry fuck, fingerfuck, take a flying fuck, goat fuck, go fuck oneself, honey-fuck, mind-fuck, not give a damn, rat fuck, take a flying fuck, throw a fuck into someone

[origin unknown; perhaps fr or related to German ficken, ''strike, copulatewith'']

Expand
The Dictionary of American Slang,

fuck
[fuhk] Spell Syllables
Usage alertFor many people, the word fuck is extremely vulgar, considered improperand taboo in all of its senses. Yet various forms of the word, primarily in itsnonliteral, slang senses, have increasingly crept into casual use, not only asspontaneous expletives of shock, horror, or anger, but also as verbal ticsand common intensifiers, mere indices of annoyance or impatience or evenpleasant surprise: Where are my fucking keys? What the fuck is taking solong? This is fucking awesome!Nevertheless, the term is best avoidedaltogether in “polite company.” The mass broadcast media have actuallybeen forced by the threat of punitive fines to block audiences from hearingit, either by banning its use entirely or by bleeping all or part of the sound—ifonly by blocking out nothing more than the vowel sound in the middle.

Although its first known occurrence in writing dates from the late 1400s(disguised in a cipher at that), the word fuck was undoubtedly heard longbefore that, and it remains primarily a creature of the spoken language. Wellinto the 20th century, it was generally regarded as “unprintable,” and formslike f*** or f--k or some spelling distortion like frack or frig or fork or fugwere typically substituted for it in writing. In speech, creative euphemismsabound, some born with each new generation. We now have eff and effingas well as f-word and f-bomb, all of which allow us to discuss the termwithout resorting to its actual use.verb (used with object)

to have sexual intercourse with.
Slang. to treat unfairly or harshly.
verb (used without object)
to have sexual intercourse.
Slang. to meddle (usually followed by around or with).
interjection
Slang. (used to express anger, disgust, peremptory rejection, etc.,often followed by a pronoun, as you or it.)
noun
an act of sexual intercourse.
a partner in sexual intercourse.
Slang. a person, especially one who is annoying or contemptible.
the fuck, Slang. (used as an intensifier, especially with WH-questions,to express annoyance, impatience, etc.)
Verb phrases
fuck around, Slang.
  1. to behave in a frivolous or meddlesome way.
  2. to engage in promiscuous sex.
fuck off, Slang.
  1. to shirk one's duty; malinger.
  2. go away: used as an exclamation of impatience.
  3. to waste time.
fuck up, Slang.
  1. to bungle or botch; ruin.
  2. to act stupidly or carelessly; cause trouble; mess up.
Idioms
give a fuck, Slang. to care; be concerned (usually used in thenegative):
When it comes to politics, I really don't give a fuck.
OriginExpand

My eyes.....

I wonder if this could constitute a lifetime ban on the ravens forum...

What moves can be made?:

Activate Hughes if he is ready.

Bring up DLs Jacobbi McDaniel or Christian Tupou from PS

Bring up LBs Allen Bradford or DJ Smith from PS

I assume Hughes is no issue, but I'd be shocked if he was ready so soon given the use of the special IR designation on him.

I've no idea what would have to be done to activate McDaniel, who I liked in Pre-season. I assume room would have to be made.

Current Injuries Last updated: November 17, 2014

Player .................. Status ............... Injury ........ Comment

Phil Taylor ............ Injured Reserve knee .......... is on injured reserve

John Hughes ........ Injured Reserve knee .......... is on injured reserve/designated for return

Michael Bowie ...... Injured Reserve shoulder .... is on injured reserve

Alex Mack ............. Injured Reserve leg/ankle ... is on injured reserve

Isaiah Trufant ....... Injured Reserve undisclosed is on injured reserve

Darius Eubanks .... Injured Reserve shoulder .... is on injured reserve

Armonty Bryant ..... Injured Reserve knee .......... is on injured reserve

Jordan Cameron ... Doubtful ........... concussion .is doubtful for Sunday's game against Atlanta

Karlos Dansby ...... Questionable ... knee ........... is questionable for Sunday's game against Atlanta

Johnson Bademosi Questionable ... concussion .is questionable for Sunday's game against Atlanta

Jabaal Sheard ....... Questionable .. ankle .......... is questionable for Sunday's game against Atlanta

Josh Gordon .......... Probable ........ 10-game suspension served is probable for Sunday's game against Atlanta

Archived