THE BROWNS BOARD

Falcons Week 12

Tour2ma

Josh Gordon could be downright 'scary' against Falcons in first game back from suspension

ATLANTA, Ga. -- The Rabbit didn't hesitate when asked what it will be like when receiver Josh Gordon re-joins him on the field Sunday against the Falcons after his 10-game drug ban.

"Scary,'' said receiver Travis Benjamin, a.k.a. The Rabbit. "Hands down we have the fastest receiving corps in the league as we see it. We can't wait to get back out there and put on a show Sunday against the Falcons."

It depends, of course, on who you ask. Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant, charged with the Herculean task of covering the NFL's reigning receiving yardage leader on the day they're letting him out of his cage, isn't expecting the good times to roll. The Falcons are 32nd against the pass, and one of their starting corners is out with a broken wrist.

"He's legit,'' Trufant told espn.com. "I just have to bring my A-game.''

Trufant, a second-pro, watched all 87 of Gordon's catches from 2013 for a league-high 1,646 yards -- and all of his targets.

"I look at what they're good at, I look at what they're not good at, and I try to exploit that," he said. "I look at other corners that had success against that receiver. And I look at myself and am real about what I'm able to do. I'm just going to go into it just like any other game: confident in my technique, first. And I'm going to be all right."

And just exactly which cornerbacks had success against the All-Pro last year?

"Really nobody," said Trufant. "He was killing everybody last year. That's why I'm just going to do what I do. It's going to be a challenge. He might make some plays. But as long as I contain him, don't give up any explosives, we'll be all right."

Gordon has shared with Haden the havoc he plans to wreak in the final half-dozen games, but the cornerback wouldn't give it up.

"He has, but I don't want to talk about it,'' Haden said with a smile.

Still, knowing 'JG' like Haden does, the Falcons should be afraid. Very afraid.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he went out there and had 250 (yards) even a little bit,'' said Haden.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/josh_gordon_could_be_downright.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lot of hype, let's see how it plays out.

It sounds like that is a good possibility. Blurb at Browns site says they are prepping him to run back KO's this week. Doesn't say he'll do it for sure tho. Link below

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Cleveland-Browns-injury-report-and-lineup-changes/591c3e14-ab49-4148-94c2-c5330ff13874

:) If Gilbert can't crack it as the #2 CB behind Haden- put him in the category of "The Expendables". He was great in college on kickoffs, doesn't' hurt to see what he can do.

Archived