THE BROWNS BOARD

Film Study on Hoyer

PurplePantyWaste

Its amazing how you'll even argue with pictures. You can look at it, and yet you're saying "Well that's not the truth" Really? The picture is lying now?

This guy couldn't break it down any more clearly and you take his information, which is in great detail and example, and say "Well this is all wrong, my film study says otherwise" Great argument.

You're trying to make an argument that a guy who threw 30 incompletions didn't have a bad game.

Doesn't take a MENSA man like me to realize only an idiot would try to defend that.

Maybe he's saying a few pictures doesn't paint the whole picture of a football play. He didn't say they were good throws, just brought more perspective.

Thanks... backfoot is kinda the ultimate fly-open, anti-stride.

It's not that backfoot throws don't hurt any QB's accuracy, but when you don't have excess arm strength to compensate...

One more thing if you could...

Please, along with the stride note how much pressure was being applied. Second half of my "theory" is that sometimes the pressure is real, and other times not so much...

Added a bit more, one in there specifically for the foot angle theory...seems to work that way often. Good catch.

Its amazing how you'll even argue with pictures. You can look at it, and yet you're saying "Well that's not the truth" Really? The picture is lying now?

This guy couldn't break it down any more clearly and you take his information, which is in great detail and example, and say "Well this is all wrong, my film study says otherwise" Great argument.

You're trying to make an argument that a guy who threw 30 incompletions didn't have a bad game.

Doesn't take a MENSA man like me to realize only an idiot would try to defend that.

No... I was calling you a liar. You said the DBs "never once step backwards". In the Example 2 pics four out of four did. Care to address that rather than deflect to the article or statements I have never made?

No? I did not think so...

My only comments about the author were that he cherry-picked a late, freeze frame to support his Example 1 case of a "bad read" and made what IMO was a misplaced comment in his 3rd example. I watched the entire play and it shows the read in Example 1 was proper.

I already waste way too much time on you. It makes no sense for me to spend time upon more detailed explanations when you clearly fail to read or comprehend those I already post. Including, BTW, any of my three posts in this thread requesting that Purple look for specific flaws in Hoyer's mechanics... some of which your authority of the moment mentions in his article.

No... I was calling you a liar. You said the DBs "never once step backwards". In the Example 2 pics four out of four did. Care to address that rather than deflect to the article or statements I have never made?

No? I did not think so...

My only comments about the author were that he cherry-picked a late, freeze frame to support his Example 1 case of a "bad read" and made what IMO was a misplaced comment in his 3rd example. I watched the entire play and it shows the read in Example 1 was proper.

I already waste way too much time on you. It makes no sense for me to spend time upon more detailed explanations when you clearly fail to read or comprehend those I already post. Including, BTW, any of my three posts in this thread requesting that Purple look for specific flaws in Hoyer's mechanics... some of which your authority of the moment mentions in his article.

Hoyer is more than serviceable. With a good qb coach he could go far in the right system. Certainly best option available to you guys right now. Honestly his biggest issue is I don't like his deep ball capability, but with the right receiver (AKA Gordon) maybe that'll change a bit. He needs to tighten up his footwork and remember to square his shoulders before throwing, keep it more compact. The accuracy issues down the middle may or may not get better with practice and training, and I also if it's less of an accuracy issue and more of a comfort issue. He seems to over compensate for the underneath defenders.

Also, am I the only one who thinks his passes get tipped at the LOS a lot? I didn't keep track but it seemed to be a repeating theme game in and game out.

Hoyer is more than serviceable. With a good qb coach he could go far in the right system. Certainly best option available to you guys right now. Honestly his biggest issue is I don't like his deep ball capability, but with the right receiver (AKA Gordon) maybe that'll change a bit. He needs to tighten up his footwork and remember to square his shoulders before throwing, keep it more compact. The accuracy issues down the middle may or may not get better with practice and training, and I also if it's less of an accuracy issue and more of a comfort issue. He seems to over compensate for the underneath defenders.

Also, am I the only one who thinks his passes get tipped at the LOS a lot? I didn't keep track but it seemed to be a repeating theme game in and game out.

I'm not a qb mechanics guru, but yeah, a lot of Hoyer's deep passes against the Texans were head scratchers. He's had 2 really bad games, the Jags and Texans, but he hasn't had two in a row- yet. I hope that trend continues.

Compared to Wheezy at 6'4, I don't think Hoyer has significant tip issues. He's had a couple games when they have been more frequent; in others none have occurred.

Agree on deep ball... with good footwork 55 is about the limit... maybe 60 with a tail wind. But it is the footwork. So very good much of the time... varying degrees of bad the rest.

Archived