THE BROWNS BOARD

What happened to Tate?

Ibleedbrown

I disagree you have to stick with the run. The yardage will come they seem to be impatient going for the home run every time. Tate was a pretty good back at Texas and I still believe we have offensive line issues. So do a lot of teams but they make adjustments. I can't wait to see the game plan at Atlanta

Somethings up with him.....Thats for sure.....Same line and same players around all the backs, but recently Tate is doing much worse than the others.

In the TB and Hou games, he ran 12 times for 6yds(0.5 ypc)(holy fuk!!!). Same games, same line and West went 20 times for 60 yds(3 ypc). Thats 6 times the ypc. Thats a big difference.

In the last 4 games, Tate is 37 carries for 62 yds(1.6 ypc). Same games, same line and West went 53 times for 165 yds(3.1).

Tate acted and talked pretty tough all through TC, which is something I REALLY liked about him. But now he doesn't seem to be backing it up. Which is something I dont like.

He's starting to look pouty and like a bit of a quitter, which means he's not a Pettine "play like a Brown" type of player. It's starting to look like that 2 year deal could become a one and done.

he's not a Pettine "play like a Brown" type of player. It's starting to look like that 2 year deal could become a one and done.

Well ...... the Browns just cut him.

Released. I give Pettine a ton of respect for letting that cancer know who is in charge.

Kablam!

Can't say I didn't see this coming...hahaha....

When are the Steelers going to do the same with LeGarrette Blount, who refused to go into the game last night.

So I didn't imagine that? I saw bell call over to the sideline in the 4th quarter for a breather ... and then he still in the next play. Thought Blount couldn't find his helmet or something. Blount has always been an ass.

Zombo

He is bad

He is gone and Glenn Winston Has been promoted from the practice squad. Winston is 6'2 220. Started at Michigan State and ended up at Northwood.

He is gone and Glenn Winston Has been promoted from the practice squad. Winston is 6'2 220. Started at Michigan State and ended up at Northwood.

Winston was not on the practice squad, he has been on the roster all year. Now he will be active on Sundays.

Tate was not a special teams contributer, so if he's going to be third RB ... well.

Zombo

Pettine just said, that barring injury, it's gonna be 2 backs. Crowell & West. And Winston will play special teams, but no planned reps at RB.

It was also pointed out that Crowell is from Atlanta and he bought a big block of tickets for all his friends and family. Sounds like an important game for him. Hopefully he explodes!

Pettine just said, that barring injury, it's gonna be 2 backs. Crowell & West. And Winston will play special teams, but no planned reps at RB.

It was also pointed out that Crowell is from Atlanta and he bought a big block of tickets for all his friends and family. Sounds like an important game for him. Hopefully he explodes!

Hopefully he holds on to the ball. The fumble last week was a back breaker.

Going to state my opinion once about Tate...

He remained our best overall RB until the moment he was cut. West was damn near even, but Tate's consistency in blitz pick-ups and receiving still gave him an edge. By either of these measures West was a distant third.

To illustrate the blocking... Through the first half of the HOU game Tate twice saved Hoyer's ass from Blitzes up the middle, taking on LBs on a dead run in a line gap. Crow failed his only test of the half when he went right as an LB ran free through the A gap forcing BH to duck for cover giving HOU their first sack.

I get that Tate's YPC has been dismal lately, but his strength is a wide-zone, cutback style and that play has been AWOL since Mack went down. D's have consistently strung wide runs to the sideline while disrupting cutback lanes. West managed one 7-yard gain outside against HOU. During that run West also managed to look like he was running in mud. IIRC outside of one 9-yard gain vs. CIN, Crow has not done anything of significance outside lately.

Crow did his damage Sunday between the OGs... and by damage I mean ripped off his one long run, the 35 yarder. Tate's only attempt up the middle Sunday came on the Shotgun draw on third and long. As recently as last week against CIN Tate's TD came on a run between the OGs that was as hard as any Crow has made this year.

There has to have been a lot more wrong "off the field" than was on display in Ben interview "undoing" to justify this move.

Archived