THE BROWNS BOARD

She comfortable wit it.

DieHardBrownsFan

Maybe let the people who are doing one of the easiest jobs in the world pay into Social Security and retire when everybody else retires? Rather than fuck off at 55 eating from the public trough?

WSS

edit: To whom are you referring? Teachers? That shit isn't easy, I know.

Transportation department? They pay into Social Security and won't see a dime of it when they retire.

edit: To whom are you referring? Teachers? That shit isn't easy, I know.

Transportation department? They pay into Social Security and won't see a dime of it when they retire.

Well I thought it was obvious when I mention Social Security. I can't think of another profession who works less hours and gets to retire in their fifties on the public dime.

Edit and why would transportation workers not see a dime of Social Security? They will. The government will just keep raising taxes.

WSS

Well I thought it was obvious when I mention Social Security. I can't think of another profession who works less hours and gets to retire in their fifties on the public dime.

Edit and why would transportation workers not see a dime of Social Security? They will. The government will just keep raising taxes.

WSS

The truth, I find, always lies somewhere in the middle. There are wonderful teachers, wonderful people that make a profound impact on students that work many upon many hours. Not only in the classroom but in their communities. I could name several of my own teachers that I feel truly fortunate to have been a pupil. One even went on to be a current district representative and is the sole reason why I voted 2 years ago. As for retiring in their fifties? Good lord I can't think of any that have and I know that's almost uncommon.

Transportation is ineligible for SS. They pay into it, but do not receive it. I didn't believe this until I actually became skeptical enough to ask for a pay stub and some proof. Perhaps its different in other states, but not in Ohio.

Okay then. But I don't think we were discussing transportation workers. Anyway yes you are completely correct. There are some teachers who are a blessing and whose inspiration stays with kids through adulthood and beyond. and there are some who are such assholes that the negative effects last just as long. The rest? Not bad people but glorified babysitters who will be successful with the students who come to class prepared and willing to learn something. It really is a calling that not everyone can do or will be successful at. But that's true with a lot of professions. Not everybody can do everything but I bet most of us here could teach a class after a six month training.

Still they earn about twice the state average and work possibly half the hours?

And you wonder why the average homeowner who earns less and works harder balks add chipping in a few hundred bucks extra every time there's a levy?

WSS

Okay then. But I don't think we were discussing transportation workers. Anyway yes you are completely correct. There are some teachers you are a blessing and whose inspiration stays with kids through adulthood and beyond. and there are some who are such assholes that the negative effects last just as long. The rest? Not bad people but glorified babysitters who will be successful with the students come to class prepared and willing to learn something. It really is a calling that not everyone can do or will be successful at.

Still they earn about twice the state average and work possibly half the hours?

And you wonder why the average homeowner who earns less and works harder balks add chipping in a few hundred bucks extra every time there's a levy?

WSS

Then you're leaving out a pretty large segment of individuals tied to the schools funding.

I have no issue with homeowners taking quarrel against some of these levies. However I have a bigger issue with the mis-use of funds and services that are currently received. I could go into great detail from some of the things

I've seen but you would be shocked at how much money some school cafeteria's bleed because of their refusal to use governments commodities such as eggs, milk, flour etc etc.

I personally feel administration is overpaid, but that's just me. There does need to be a harmonious balance on appropriate taxes levied for the funding of a good public education. Unfortunately, again, the mis-management of funds is not only done grossly at the federal level, but a local level as well.

The truth, I find, always lies somewhere in the middle. There are wonderful teachers, wonderful people that make a profound impact on students that work many upon many hours. Not only in the classroom but in their communities. I could name several of my own teachers that I feel truly fortunate to have been a pupil. One even went on to be a current district representative and is the sole reason why I voted 2 years ago. As for retiring in their fifties? Good lord I can't think of any that have and I know that's almost uncommon.

Transportation is ineligible for SS. They pay into it, but do not receive it. I didn't believe this until I actually became skeptical enough to ask for a pay stub and some proof. Perhaps its different in other states, but not in Ohio.

If you're referring to bus drivers as transportation, they DO NOT pay into Social Security. I drove a bus for awhile and paid only into the state retirement fund.

So exactly where is our disagreement? Certainly misuse of funds drags down every separate economical aspect in the country. But it seems to me, when I look at a breakdown, that increases in school funding through tax goes mainly to administrator and teacher salaries.

I'd be more than happy to hire non union educators coaches etc with no more than a bachelor's degree 2 take the load off of the tenured staff. It would cost a lot less money.

And yes the school lunch program is a clusterfuck on many levels.

WSS

If you're referring to bus drivers as transportation, they DO NOT pay into Social Security. I drove a bus for awhile and paid only into the state retirement fund.

I am, and yes... many do. I've seen the paystubs with my own eyes. Hell, I have a family members that a district supervisor for transportation. She pays into SS.

So exactly where is our disagreement? Certainly misuse of funds drags down every separate economical aspect in the country. But it seems to me, when I look at a breakdown, that increases in school funding through tax goes mainly to administrator and teacher salaries.

I'd be more than happy to hire non union educators coaches etc with no more than a bachelor's degree 2 take the load off of the tenured staff. It would cost a lot less money.

And yes the school lunch program is a clusterfuck on many levels.

WSS

At this point, I don't believe we have one. Unless you'd like to debate over what coffee creamer I should use this morning?

I am, and yes... many do. I've seen the paystubs with my own eyes. Hell, I have a family members that a district supervisor for transportation. She pays into SS.

At this point, I don't believe we have one. Unless you'd like to debate over what coffee creamer I should use this morning?

I would suggest half and half. Many many years ago I used coffee made but now for some reason I don't like it anymore. As we grow and our political opinions change so do our choices in coffee creamers.

:D

WSS

I would suggest half and half. Many many years ago I used coffee made but now for some reason I don't like it anymore. As we grow and our political opinions change so do our choices in coffee creamers.

:D

WSS

Half and half is what I went with as well. Good man. Perhaps one day if I live to carry a sunny disposition on the current state of US politics then I may just switch creamers as well.

Shit can always change.

;)

But anyway thanks for stopping over!

WSS

Nice to see this side of the forum. I doubt I post again anytime in this year, but I scheduled off work today and the snow is getting worse. There's only so many hours in a day I can keep busy

while on a mini vacay.

Archived