THE BROWNS BOARD

A Little Bit of Good News

darubes

The Cleveland Browns have received very good news on linebacker Jabaal Sheard.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported Wednesday that a second opinion has revealed that Sheard does not need surgery on his injured foot, according to a source who has spoken to the player. Initially thought to be lost for the season, Sheard might miss just one week.

Sheard's improved prognosis represents a huge sigh of relief for the Browns, who just lost inside linebacker Karlos Dansby for up to a month with the knee injury suffered in Sunday's 23-7 loss to theHouston Texans.

The Browns hope to have Dansby back and healthy for the stretch run. As for Sheard, he will replaced by former first-round pick Barkevious Mingo on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.

Cleveland could use some of Mingo's untapped potential in an important road matchup.

With the D decimated by injuries this helps out. If I am an offensive co-ordinator for

any team playing the Browns I may not throw a pass the whole game. Run it 80

times.

Someone can correct me if they saw differently but I think Mingo quietly had one of the better games of his career Sunday. It would be an enormous help if that dude could find it within himself to turn his career around.

He's been getting better over the last few games. One of these past games, maybe cincy? he was pursuing everything, containing pretty well, etc. Apparently, is playing with a shoulder injury though. I think practice/coaching/experience is starting to help Mingo.

As for Sheard, he will replaced by former first-round pick Barkevious Mingo on Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.

Cleveland could use some of Mingo's untapped potential in an important road matchup.

Mingo mingo mingo. I forgot he was on the team. I think he fell on a ball once that someone else caused to fumble. I'm not sure any quarterbacks have ever heard of him. I'm glad Sheard is not badly wrecked.

Wow ... even Dansby not ruled out:

ood injury news
Coach Mike Pettine dropped an encouraging bombshell of optimism to open his press conference: not one injured player has been ruled out for the Atlanta Falcons game this Sunday.
Jabaal Sheard got a second opinion on his foot injury and he’s now been ruled as a day-to-day. On Monday, Pettine and the staff were under the impression Sheard might need season-ending surgery.
“It surprised all of us,” Pettine said with happiness in his tone.
The even bigger surprise is Karlos Dansby’s knee injury. Some unconfirmed reports had Dansby with an MCL injury, which could take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. Pettine said knowing how in-tune Dansby is with his body, he’s not ruling him out yet.
There was one slight jolt on the injury report. Ahtyba Rubin now has a knee injury to go along with an ankle that plagued him earlier in the season. Also, Jordan Cameron (concussion) likely will be out of practice on Wednesday.
Falcons worried about the Brown’s speedy receivers
During his conference call with the Cleveland media, Atlanta head coach Mike Smith repeatedly mentioned how the Browns have one of the fastest groups of receivers in the league. He’s right. Andrew Hawkins, Taylor Gabriel, Travis Benjamin and Josh Gordon all possess breakaway speed.
Smith said the Falcons’ weakness this season has been giving up big plays through the air. Atlanta is ranked 32nd in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (281.2). Even though the Browns are known as a running team, Cleveland is ranked 14th in the league in passing yards per game (244.5). Brian Hoyer has proven he can beat teams through the air.
“Certainly, we have not played pass defense like we’re capable of playing it, and we have not been efficient,” said Smith.
Starting cornerback Robert Alford suffered a broken wrist last Sunday. His replacement, Robert McClain, gave up a 47-yard touchdown to Panthers receiver Philly Brown last Sunday.
Desmond Trufant is the Falcons other cornerback, and he’s shown he can be a lockdown corner at times this season. Former Seahawk and Redskin Josh Wilson will also contribute in the secondary.

Someone can correct me if they saw differently but I think Mingo quietly had one of the better games of his career Sunday. It would be an enormous help if that dude could find it within himself to turn his career around.

Turn his career around?

Dude is only half-way through his second season...

Minho has not been "a huge bust" he does some nice things and you see the talent there. And on Sunday Mingo was the only one I saw penetrate their line at all, all game

Turn his career around?

Dude is only half-way through his second season...

Yep, what others have said sums it up well. I'm not labeling him a bust yet by any means, but he hasn't played anywhere close to a top 5 pick either. It's clear why he was a top talent looking at his raw talent but sooner or later the guy is going to have to put it all together.

Archived