THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Love OUT of Cleveland

WalterWhite

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lebron isn't the same as he was when he played here before. He is much more of a team player so you're wrong in your drawback comment.

Lebron has always been a team player but he plays best when he runs the show, that is still true.

Hmmm..... If Love isn't a stretch 4- then what does he think he is? Should the Cavs manage to win a Championship without him- he had better accept his role with the team, or if you think the grass is greener elsewhere- adios. Want to take your talents back to LA, and play with Mr Ego Kobe? Even with the #2 pick- that franchise is still a train wreck.

As was said earlier elsewhere in this thread, should Love decide to leave- it would majorly suck to have given up Wiggins for a one year rent-a-player.

The good thing is with our De Facto GM, Le Bron- now that he's made a commitment to Cleveland- he can pretty much recruit anyone he wants to play for the Cavs. LOL, bye-bye Love, Durant anyone?

I believe Love feels he's a #4 that can shoot when needed. I don't think he likes being a perimeter player.

I believe Love feels he's a #4 that can shoot when needed. I don't think he likes being a perimeter player.

IIRC, he played a lot more low post in Minnesota. But- if he means it on coming back- get ready to start paying luxury tax Dan- because it's going to take a ton of money to keep Thompson. That's going to be a nice problem to have.

Dang- right now TT is looking too good to keep on the bench.

IIRC, he played a lot more low post in Minnesota. But- if he means it on coming back- get ready to start paying luxury tax Dan- because it's going to take a ton of money to keep Thompson. That's going to be a nice problem to have.

Dang- right now TT is looking too good to keep on the bench.

Just gotta survive one more year until the cap explodes but then Lebron will be a free agent. I liked Thompson a lot in Texas, for me he has under performed a bit in Cleveland but is having a great run now. If he develops a 15-18 foot "Brandon Bass" jump shot and improves his free throw shooting, dump Love and sign him.

Lebron will retire in Cleveland. Love will stay for a few years.

If it means keeping a player Le Bron feels can help him win another Championship- he'll certainly take less than a Max deal- he doesn't need the extra couple million. Heard it somewhere he's on track to become the next sports billionaire- after Michael Jordan.

Anyone think its a chance we might sign D Wade next year on the cheap? he might be a great bench player and could go out gracefully on another great team. Just thinking out loud

If Wade goes anywhere, it's back home to Chicago. For sure, any team that will pay him superstar money is wasting it. He's on his last legs- literally.

If Wade goes anywhere, it's back home to Chicago. For sure, any team that will pay him superstar money is wasting it. He's on his last legs- literally.

I don't think he has any legs left.....

I think Miami will show him the money. If they don't it hurts the league overall. Wade took less money to bring in James and Bosh, if he gets left out in the cold other Superstars won't get fooled in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys know it was just a formality for Love and Lebron to opt out, right? It was a given. They'll both be back next year.

Z

Well, not according to those West Coast Fox Radio Laker homers I was listening to last night on the way home from work.

Oh, Love's body language in the Finals shows he isn't happy in Cleveland. He's not getting along with Le Bron. He's just saying all the right things. The Lakers are going to offer him the moon to come on home. Buss is going to show him all those trophies in the office.

Here's the question for you Kevin- would you rather play second fiddle to Le Bron in Cleveland, with a legit chance of winning it all in 2016, or play second fiddle to Kobe in LA- with virtually NO CHANCE of winning a title anytime soon? Gilbert can, and will match any offer you get out there in free agency. It wouldn't be very smart- and Love looks like a smart guy- to sign a long term contract this year, with the cap expanding dramatically next year.

Plus Kobe's humongous contract limits what they can do signing other players that can actually help them win a Championship. Love, (a near washed up) Kobe and the rest of their stiffs aren't even good enough to get out of the West, much less Win the Finals.

Retaining key players starts from the top. Both the Cavs & Browns have Owners who are passionate about winning. They have hired GOOD people & GOOD players, who they are keeping.

Hmm, will Larry Dolan learn anything from these two guys?

Mike

Retaining key players starts from the top. Both the Cavs & Browns have Owners who are passionate about winning. They have hired GOOD people & GOOD players, who they are keeping.

Hmm, will Larry Dolan learn anything from these two guys?

Mike

Probably not.

wow gilbert is spending the cash resigned love shumpert thompson its comical how espn opthers made it out love was gone.

Fortunately- few very few commentators (Freddie Coleman,ESPN) dare to say the Lakers and Celtics aren't exactly destination franchises anymore.

The young bucks are too young to mostly remember when they were the top of the heap.

Fortunately- few very few commentators (Freddie Coleman,ESPN) dare to say the Lakers and Celtics aren't exactly destination franchises anymore.

The young bucks are too young to mostly remember when they were the top of the heap.

All they want to talk about are the Lakers and the Knicks. Get a clue ESPN, they suck and will continue to suck for the forseeable future. Right now the Cavs are on top....talk about them.....or talk about upcoming teams like the Bucks, T-Wolves, Pelicans.

Now that LeBron has signed, does that mean Thompson is going to get less?

I can't see giving him max money for being a non-starter.

Seems like the NBA is 3 big time players and a bunch of role players.

You don't pay role players $15 million.

The role players change every year and get paid way less then Thompson wants

Now that LeBron has signed, does that mean Thompson is going to get less?

I can't see giving him max money for being a non-starter.

Seems like the NBA is 3 big time players and a bunch of role players.

You don't pay role players $15 million.

The role players change every year and get paid way less then Thompson wants

The Thompson question is a good one and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. With some big names Celtics, Lakers, Mavericks and Knicks not making a huge splash someone may over pay.

So? You got a whole Island full of FRAKs? I suppose you see all Patriots and Seahawks jerseys as well.

The point was in response to it being said that young people don't see the lakers as a big team/desirable destination. If the fans here are FRAKs, that would seem to indicate the contrary.

The point was in response to it being said that young people don't see the lakers as a big team/desirable destination. If the fans here are FRAKs, that would seem to indicate the contrary.

Old habits die hard. For 40 years they were on top. People invested in that stuff when the Lakers were on top.....they just want to get a return on their investment.

Tell us in another year or two of Laker suckage if it it still the case.

You will probably start seeing more Warriors jerseys....or, even Cavs now that LeBron is back in the fold.

Archived