THE BROWNS BOARD

Right Tackle Lydon Murtha

Oldcrow1945

This lineman from Nebraska destroyed all the other OL's in the 40. He's 6'7" 305 lbs and ran a 4.89 40 yard dash... Also had a 35 inch vertical. Sounds more like a Tight End! Has to be an athletic kid.

4.89 for a kid 6'7" and 305 lbs is smokin'!

He's faster than QB Chase Daniel.

He tied all the QB's for the highest Vertical.

I wonder how much his stock is going up. Anyone heard anything?

Could be a great day 2 pick

He is about 40 pounds under weight for an OL and 40 pounds over wight for a TE. If a team can manage him up/down to a good weight they will have a beast of a player. Hec, if he falls to a late enough round, draft him solely for special teams. He could block on kick return, destroy an entire wedge by himself on kickoff, and probably block a few field goals with his height and vertical!

He is about 40 pounds under weight for an OL

Jake Long 6'6" 315 lbs.

Joe Thomas 6'6" 305 lbs.

Jamaal brown and Michael Ross are both that size as well. All pro bowlers.

6'7" and 305 lbs is not underweight.....Certainly not 40 lbs underweight.

I like the Bill Belickick view on Lineman. Less bulk and quicker. I can't stand these fat, sloppy offensive linemen.

Guest Aloysius

From what I gather, Murtha's been injured a lot and wasn't anything special when he played. Might make sense as a late round choice, but he'll likely be overdrafted because of his workout times.

From what I gather, Murtha's been injured a lot and wasn't anything special when he played. Might make sense as a late round choice, but he'll likely be overdrafted because of his workout times.

Yep, he's been banged up his entire career. All four years.

I guess he's really stuff in the upper body

If was there in the 6th I'd be all over him. Just can't teach that kind of speed for a big OT.

Jake Long 6'6" 315 lbs.

Joe Thomas 6'6" 305 lbs.

Jamaal brown and Michael Ross are both that size as well. All pro bowlers.

6'7" and 305 lbs is not underweight.....Certainly not 40 lbs underweight.

I like the Bill Belickick view on Lineman. Less bulk and quicker. I can't stand these fat, sloppy offensive linemen.

My mistake. I thought lineman around 6'7" were all 320+ lbs at minimun . After he goes through some NFL wieght training he will be just a perfect weight.

The Steelers Max Starks is 6'7'' 345lbs. Altough he has to be one of the least mobile living things I have ever seen. That explains it.

This lineman from Nebraska destroyed all the other OL's in the 40. He's 6'7" 305 lbs and ran a 4.89 40 yard dash... Also had a 35 inch vertical. Sounds more like a Tight End! Has to be an athletic kid.

4.89 for a kid 6'7" and 305 lbs is smokin'!

He's faster than QB Chase Daniel.

He tied all the QB's for the highest Vertical.

I wonder how much his stock is going up. Anyone heard anything?

Could be a great day 2 pick

He could run a 4.4 and have a 41" verticle leap and it doesn't make him a good pass blocker or run blocker. He has had a very unimpressive career full of injuries. That's what is crazy about the combine. Guys with 2 or 3 years of film on them drop because of a bad time. Doesn't performance on the field count?

Some WR runs a 4.37 forty and everybody goes crazy for him but they forget when he stepped on the field he couldn't catch a cold................................Does Hubbard ring a bell to anybody. What a great body and has speed for such a big receiver..........................LOL

I actually like one of the RT's thats not in the combine (really too bad, he would have done solid)

RYLAN REED

look him up, he's a monster. Exact Frame of Ryan Tucker, and strong as hell, he hold a few weight lifting records at texas tech

He'll be 28 in November unless TT's website is wrong..

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...ed_rylan00.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius

Here's a good evaluation of Murtha's strengths and weaknesses:

I like that Connecticut DE Julius Williams got a brief cameo bull-rushing the hell out of Murtha. He may not have the hips to be a great 3-4 OLB, but Williams certainly is strong enough to play the position. When OT Jason Smith tried to drive block Williams earlier this year, the 6'2", 265 pound defensive end put him on the ground.

Should be interesting to see how Williams looks at his pro day. A sub-7.20 3-cone would be a very good sign.

Maybe not to tall, but to light for RT.

RT's are run blockers.....better suited for a guy 6'4" and 340 lbs. Speed isn't the main factor...drive blocking is the main factor.

You want a RT????.....look up Andre Smith.....there is a RT.

JMO

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius
I actually like one of the RT's thats not in the combine (really too bad, he would have done solid)

RYLAN REED

look him up, he's a monster. Exact Frame of Ryan Tucker, and strong as hell, he hold a few weight lifting records at texas tech

Poor guy tore is patellar tendon today. Considering that Reed's already 27 years old, his career's most likely over.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius

I like that Connecticut DE Julius Williams got a brief cameo bull-rushing the hell out of Murtha. He may not have the hips to be a great 3-4 OLB, but Williams certainly is strong enough to play the position. When OT Jason Smith tried to drive block Williams earlier this year, the 6'2", 265 pound defensive end put him on the ground.

Should be interesting to see how Williams looks at his pro day. A sub-7.20 3-cone would be a very good sign.

Still waiting for all the times, but it looks like Williams had a very impressive pro day. He put up 36 reps of 225 and posted a 41" vertical. That's strength and athleticism.

He could be an interesting Day Two 3-4 OLB prospect.

Still waiting for all the times, but it looks like Williams had a very impressive pro day. He put up 36 reps of 225 and posted a 41" vertical. That's strength and athleticism.

He could be an interesting Day Two 3-4 OLB prospect.

41" vertical....Wow.

That's ranks in the top three of even the WR's, RB's and CB's from the combines.

Archived