THE BROWNS BOARD

40 Times Not as Good as Expected

ClevelandFanForLife

The NFL combine is one of the biggest events of a college football player's life. For a running back, the 40-yard dash is possibly the most important event. This year's times seem to not to be up to par. How do you guys think these poor timies at the combine will effect these player's draft stock?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Peerman, Cedric 4.45

Johnson, Ian 4.46

Sheets, Kory 4.47

Brown, Andre 4.49

Brown, Donald 4.51

Williams, Javarris 4.52

Goodson, Mike 4.54

Scott, Bernard 4.56

Coffee, Glen 4.58

Lucky, Marlon 4.59

Wells, Beanie 4.59

Those are only the top 10. Knowshon Moreno ran a 4.55, Lesean McCoy didn't run it because he is battling the flu, Shonn Greene ran a 4.65, and Javon Ringer ran a 4.53.

Moreno also ran a 4.61 and had a lower average than Wells... who is 20 pounds bigger. Wells had the 2nd best long jump in the whole field, a sign of explosion, and a very good high jump. He helped himself this week and also passed the eyeball test. A lot of people are saying a lot of good things and he may move ahead of Moreno.

Ian Johnson ran two great times for him, actually. He won't go high but he helped himself.

Andre Brown made some money at the Combine for damn sure.

Hey, there's talk in the Plain Dealer of the Browns taking Wells at #5.

I like the other Brown. Uconn's Donald Brown. I've been high on him as a 2nd-3rd round option. He isn't huge at 5-10 210 lbs. Smart and patient runner...and fast. Guy had over 2000 yards with like 18 TDs last year. Seems like a team player and a good fit/option.

Moreno also ran a 4.61 and had a lower average than Wells... who is 20 pounds bigger. Wells had the 2nd best long jump in the whole field, a sign of explosion, and a very good high jump. He helped himself this week and also passed the eyeball test. A lot of people are saying a lot of good things and he may move ahead of Moreno.

Ian Johnson ran two great times for him, actually. He won't go high but he helped himself.

Andre Brown made some money at the Combine for damn sure.

Hey, there's talk in the Plain Dealer of the Browns taking Wells at #5.

It seemed like a slow tract for running. I would say the Wells could come real close to breaking the 4.5 mark on OSU's fast track.

i like watching the combine but its always kind of odd to me. All of those figures and measurements and how they translate to the NFL with gear and gametime always mystifies me.

Those 40 times are so close its really amazing how far athletes have come in the last 20 years

i like watching the combine but its always kind of odd to me. All of those figures and measurements and how they translate to the NFL with gear and gametime always mystifies me.

Those 40 times are so close its really amazing how far athletes have come in the last 20 years

I vote for all drills to be done in full pads :)

Archived