THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosenfels over Anderson?

onefellswoop7

Sage Rosenfels-QB-Texans Feb. 23 - 1:22 pm et

The Houston Chronicle reports that the Vikings are on the verge of acquiring Sage Rosenfels from the Texans in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

This trade was nearly made last year, but Houston balked when the Vikes offered only a third-round choice. The Texans wanted a second-rounder. Rosenfels, 31 in March, would immediately become the favorite to start in Minnesota if the deal is completed. The aggressive passer is considered a strong fit for the West Coast offense coach Brad Childress runs.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Related: Vikings

www.rotoworld.com

Looks like we may be one less team in the Anderson sweepstakes. I didn't have the Vikes as high on the possibility list as some but...

This will play a large role in what DA ends up being worth.

I was pulling for him to be traded last off season, but Cleveland wanted him and gave him pretty good money. The next few weeks should be interesting. I still think DA will be gone, a veteran QB will be brought in for "competition" and probably end up starting, but if DA's still around in a few months that means there's not a lot of confidence in BQ.

...but if DA's still around in a few months that means there's not a lot of confidence in BQ.

Or that they just couldn't get the kind of compensation for him that warranted eating $5M and still needing to sign a backup.

Still, I think he goes for a high 2nd rounder.

Its starting to look to me more like DA is going to be staying with the browns...either that or mankok is doing a really nice posturing job..

I like mangini still think DA is trainable with good solid coaching/tudoring and a firm ruleset about how much is to much or not enough and where the bench is if either happen to much in one game..

Having 2 great quarterbacks could decide the difference in the season especially if we dont replace frail-e at center and if we dont add depth to our WR corps.

I like the idea of a quarterback competition as long as its done fair and with honest assessment it would be nice to know for sure that whoever gets the start was genuinely thought to be the better man to fit the plan while still having having a hungry backup waiting for their chance to shine..

I think bq wins the competition but only because he is a faster starter possesses stronger leadership abilities and will look more impressive in the short run of a training camp and preseason competition..

Its starting to look to me more like DA is going to be staying with the browns...either that or mankok is doing a really nice posturing job..

I like mangini still think DA is trainable with good solid coaching/tudoring and a firm ruleset about how much is to much or not enough and where the bench is if either happen to much in one game..

Having 2 great quarterbacks could decide the difference in the season especially if we dont replace frail-e at center and if we dont add depth to our WR corps.

I like the idea of a quarterback competition as long as its done fair and with honest assessment it would be nice to know for sure that whoever gets the start was genuinely thought to be the better man to fit the plan while still having having a hungry backup waiting for their chance to shine..

I think bq wins the competition but only because he is a faster starter possesses stronger leadership abilities and will look more impressive..

I'll be honest...if we don't get at least a mid 2nd...I would prefer keeping him. Decent backup...we still have a manageable amount of cap for the QB position...and who knows what the year will bring.

But if we get a mid 2nd or better...I want the pick. We have too much to put together to be hording value like that.

I'll be honest...if we don't get at least a mid 2nd...I would prefer keeping him. Decent backup...we still have a manageable amount of cap for the QB position...and who knows what the year will bring.

But if we get a mid 2nd or better...I want the pick. We have too much to put together to be hording value like that.

True that..a second rounder is to tempting for all but lummy but a 2nd rounder for DA looks like it may be hard to get...

I'll be honest...if we don't get at least a mid 2nd...I would prefer keeping him. .

How about one of Detroit's 3rd rounders....#65? or #82

I'd take #65. Still getting a pretty darn good football player at #65. Antoine Caldwell, Connor Barwin, Rashad Jennings, Derry Beckwith, Jason Phillips, Jason Watkins, Scott McKillop, Cody Brown....Most of these guys will be available at #65 and some at #82.

...and don't forget one other team......CLEVELAND

They aren't exactly fighting over your boyfriend Loverboy. Don't look now but DA's exchange value is less than Sage Rosenfels and heading for less than Charlie Frye and Luke McCown. Thatta boy!!!

- Tom F.

Just read a blurb that Anderson is telling everyone around him that he does NOT expect to be a Brown next season.

A Big if....but IF Detroit was smart...they would pay Anderson as stop gap save 35 mill in guaranteed money for a QB that has never taken an NFL snap, get Jason Smith at LT, and Best player available at 20 and ship #33 to us. Huge benefit for both teams. Then we could get OrakpoOLB,Wood ©and Delmas or R. Johnson or chung at #36(S) or even Best RB available...gosh we have soooo many holes!! ILB???

Just read a blurb that Anderson is telling everyone around him that he does NOT expect to be a Brown next season.

Shep,

In all honesty - I can't see him going to the NY Jets. What Defense caught the most TD passes from DA in 2008? Ryan's Ravens so what would make him leave his mind to overcommit to OUR version of Kye Boller when he can snag the other version from Balt without LOSING exchange value or much cap space?

I don't see it. And Detroit seems primed to draft a QB in round 1 and keep Culpepper there.

I WISH it was as easy DA wanting to play somewhere else but - he's got price tags that exceed his skills. He hasn't played good football since November of 2007. The Rosenfels thing is a reality check as to how DA's value is really perceived out there. I've been wrong before though and I'd LOVE to be wrong now.

- Tom F.

Archived