THE BROWNS BOARD

Vrabel traded to Chiefs

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
interesting indeed. anything on what they gave up for him?

No, not yet.

The guys on NFL Network think he'll be a situational pass-rusher, but I think he could end up starting at WOLB. The Chiefs still need to bring in some more edge guys, but this could allow them to defer doing so until after the 1st Round.

Wow.

Does Belichick have a plan or what?

Vrabel is one of his all-time faves and was always talked about as a future coach for Belichick.

More than anyone I can think of, he knows when to cut the popular players: Branch, Givens, Bledsoe, McGinest, Vinatieri. When he thinks you've peaked he'll let you play it out somewhere else.

And it's great for the Chiefs.

We'll call this the old man Willie effect.

The chiefs will give him an oversized contract, he'll have 1 productive season, be productive over the next season or two when he's not hurt, then fall off the face of the planet and get his ass ran over like he's not even there anymore.

Wow.

Does Belichick have a plan or what?

Vrabel is one of his all-time faves and was always talked about as a future coach for Belichick.

More than anyone I can think of, he knows when to cut the popular players: Branch, Givens, Bledsoe, McGinest, Vinatieri. When he thinks you've peaked he'll let you play it out somewhere else.

And it's great for the Chiefs.

Billy doesn't have any friends when it comes to cutting payroll and getting rid of guys just past their peak :)

Just read on Rotoworld that a Boston beat writer suspects this Vrabel trade is part of a larger deal involving Cassel. Interesting.

via here.

That would mean KC's 2nd 1st rounder (20??). And bye bye Clay 3 off the board (if he's still there).

If Curry's gone @ 5 and we get Crabtree to trade down with, we ought not go any further than 10-15 range and grab Clay 3 or Cushing (both preferrably) cause Billy Bellycheat wont leave either of those guys on the board.

Yeah, some sort of mutually beneficial deal between Belichick and Pioli seems to be in the works here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see picks rearranged and Cassel in KC.

One rumor is that the Pats are clearing cap space for Julius Peppers, but I don't see why they'd take on his deal with Wilfork and Seymour to sign.

Archived