Quinn still hasn't shown he's our guy

VaporTrail

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DA obviously is not the answer.

We have no idea if Quinn is yet.

DA will not get another chance in cleveland. GUARANTEED

BQ is going to start this entire season baring injury, then we will have a grip on whats best going forward.

Bottom line... DA failed. He's done, over, gone.

I'll accept that when he's traded.

BQ has absolutely nothing you can use to judge him on in the NFL.

Ohhhhh... so his games last year don't count, b/c of coaching etc... Right.

I'll accept that when he's traded.

You are so unbelievably stupid, its ridiculous.

He had a BROKEN FINGER AND DETACHED TENDON on his THROWING HAND for every attempt past the first few minutes of the BUFFALO game.

Denver was the ONLY HEALTHY GAME that BQ played... what were the game stats again?

You don't want your team to succeed cock sucker (you said it, not me). What you want is to pick apart the guy with the ball in his hands under center to explain why we suck. And you know why you want to point blame on the wrong guy? Because he isn't from Ohio, and Lady Quinn is, and because you, like the rest of the Browns fans, are xxxxing pussies and can't live with the fact that this team sucks, and the QB isn't the reason. When the fans are pussies, I doubt the team will ever be anything but a bunch of pussies.

This team did not suck because of Anderson. This team sucked because we had 17 sacks total for the season.

Derek Anderson had the most successful season for a QB in almost 20 years.

Braylon Edwards had the most successful season for a Browns WR in Team History!

Our Defense the last two years... finished in the bottom of the NFL in overall defense.

Break out of the bubbles kids! Quinn is going to throw 40TDs, have 19 sacks, and a handful of INTs!

Guest Masters

Well, he had the one game where he was healthy. Looked pretty good to me against DEN.

Guest Masters
Quinn had like 200 yds and 2 td's in the Denver game. <<<Quinn's best game

Anderson had like 300 yds and 2 td's in the NYG game <<< DA's best game (maybe or Cincy 1)

But, Adam, I see you still haven't pulled the stick out of your ass. Why doncha work on that?

And what did DA do against his division rivals last year? CLE's D had a lot to do with that Giants game as well.

Please keep this civilized.

You don't want your team to succeed cock sucker (you said it, not me). What you want is to pick apart the guy with the ball in his hands under center to explain why we suck. And you know why you want to point blame on the wrong guy? Because he isn't from Ohio, and Lady Quinn is, and because you, like the rest of the Browns fans, are xxxxing pussies and can't live with the fact that this team sucks, and the QB isn't the reason. When the fans are pussies, I doubt the team will ever be anything but a bunch of pussies.

And there you have it ... the brownsboard circa 2008-2010 in one big gay QB thread.

Zombo

Guest Masters

This team did not suck because of Anderson. This team sucked because we had 17 sacks total for the season.

Our Defense the last two years... finished in the bottom of the NFL in overall defense.

Break out of the bubbles kids! Quinn is going to throw 40TDs, have 19 sacks, and a handful of INTs!

No, DA had the most successful 9 games. Look at his last 7-8 games in 2007. Average QBR of 72.

How does a team suck by only giving up 17 sacks for a season? You realize that is in the top 5 in the NFL?

Quinn had like 200 yds and 2 td's in the Denver game. <<<Quinn's best game

Anderson had like 300 yds and 2 td's in the NYG game <<< DA's best game (maybe or Cincy 1)

But, Adam, I see you still haven't pulled the stick out of your ass. Why doncha work on that?

Quinn had two days of preperation for his best day. DA had what two weeks to prepare for the Giants game. Or a week for the Cinci game.

Yea because the fans should definitely effect the players to the point that we make them all pussies.

By saying DA had the most successful season in 20 years, you're showing where your bias is. Kelly Holcumb had a more successful season than DA. I don't care about Pro-Bowls, especially concerning a QB, I care about the post season. How can it rightfully be called a successful season when you don't even make the playoffs. Something to build off of perhaps, but he didn't build off of it last season.

And the thing that really annoys me concerning this argument is that you can't be in favor of BQ without being a homo, or a Brady lady of whatever. The fact is that my decision on DA has nothing to do with BQ. It is simply that I do not believe that DA will ever be consistent enough to lead the team through the playoffs. If we didn't have BQ on this team I would be advocating either drafting or finding a QB in FA.

so you like Kelly Holcomb.

Jesus, what is the point. You read the whole thing I wrote and come out with this. And by the way are you saying that you hate the only QB that has led us to the playoffs since we came back? Couch, did help so please don't miss the entire point again.

You don't want your team to succeed cock sucker (you said it, not me).

I'm not sure how you read that as me not wanting my team to succeed.

Oh, and Mario: what's your Age/Sex/Location, hotstuff! It's Friday, and I'm looking to par-tay!

i have yet to read a reply from you that doesn't include an insult...

are you really that insecure, or do you just suck at the internet, tough guy?

I can't help myself from calling out one of the most ridiculous statements ever posted on this board.

And, obviously from the plethora of responses on my side, I am correct.

Who the xxxx asked you anyway?

I think I'd still rather have Anderson under center. Please don't group me with Lum, that guy's seriously in love with DA. Like, he wants to marry him.

Anywho.

Pros:

Quinn: Nice touch on the short ball. More mobile than Anderson, might always be a threat to run (if we can give him more than 3 seconds to throw). Seems to go through progressions better than DA.

Anderson: Rocket arm. Quick release. Can thread a needle with his rocket pass. Looked like Tom Brady against the Giants.

Cons:

Quinn: No long ball. Everything long I've seen him throw in the NFL was a quacker.

Anderson: Rocket arm. Known to throw the ball directly to DB's. Probably has a low self-esteem after the treatment he got this year (I was at the Ravens game and thought the Brady chant was bullshit. DA didn't lose us that game, it was our xxxxing defense and Braylon's stone hands.) Inconsistent.

So yeah. Those are my thoughts. It just seems that DA's an all or nothing type player. When he's hot, he can't be stopped. Whereas, Quinn's more consistent, but I think his performance last year can best be described as adequate. When it comes down it, I just think that we'd get more W's (and risk more losses) with DA at the helm than with Quinn. I would like to see us take that risk.

Please keep this civilized.

Mr. Vapor Trail what you have just said..............

What do you mean the Browns gave up 17 sacks? Did I ever say that? I said the Browns had 17 sacks. By saying the Browns had 17 sacks, I mean the defense... yes the Browns defense had 17 sacks total all year. Do you know how many players in the NFL had nearly 17 sacks by themselves? I think our lack of pressure beat us more then DA throwing some speed balls in the back of our Offensive Line heads.

Lets compare DA's First start in 07 to Quinns first start in 08. Didn't DA rack up a game with the second most offensive points in NFL history?

Look guys. DA definetely is not Tom Brady, we get it. But don't make him out to be Alex Smith either. He had a good year in 2007, with a terrible defense. In 2008, with the same terrible defense, he had a rough year. He had his #1 WR with a sliced open Ankle, and three games into the season had a bad shoulder and a sliced open Ankle. His supposed #2 guy had the womens curse, and the offensive line did a poor job stopping pressure early in the season and opening up any type of running lanes for our RBs.

Brady Quinn never won anything in college. He has still yet to complete a deep pass in the NFL, and has proven to be not very durable with getting injured in his first three games.

I have nothing personal against Brady Quinn, I just don't think he is the QB who is going to lead the Browns to a winning season. I hope I'm wrong, but I was right when i said Big Gay Ben would be a stud, when I said Matt Ryan would be stud, and when everybody was calling Flacco a fluke, i said he was good. I was wrong on Garcia being good in Tampa, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I have my doubts.

I KNOW Edwards will have another year like 07 if the offense can stay healthy, I just hope whatever QB we have sniffing the farts of Hank Fraley can take advantage of the cockpit we put him in.

Comparing first starts is like comparing first at bats in a baseball season. There's a reason Quinn's numbers didn't appear in NFL stats last season, because he didn't have enough attempts to reach statistical significance. Stats 101.

And not durable? Quinn had no injuries as a 4-year starter at ND and left this year with a broken finger on his throwing hand, which he tried to play through. DA's had a bruised finger, a concussion without being struck in the head, and have we heard a thing about his season ending knee injury? That guy can't seem to play through a hang nail.

DA had a shot and left ranked last in the league.

Time to give BQ a shot, meaning something more than 2 days of prep time prior to a start and more than 5 healthy quarters.

We know it wasn't all DA's fault, but he was the worst ranked player on a terrible offense. Seems pretty straight forward.

Archived