THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn still hasn't shown he's our guy

VaporTrail

Lets compare DA's First start in 07 to Quinns first start in 08. Didn't DA rack up a game with the second most offensive points in NFL history?

Look guys. DA definetely is not Tom Brady, we get it. But don't make him out to be Alex Smith either. He had a good year in 2007, with a terrible defense. In 2008, with the same terrible defense, he had a rough year. He had his #1 WR with a sliced open Ankle, and three games into the season had a bad shoulder and a sliced open Ankle. His supposed #2 guy had the womens curse, and the offensive line did a poor job stopping pressure early in the season and opening up any type of running lanes for our RBs.

Brady Quinn never won anything in college. He has still yet to complete a deep pass in the NFL, and has proven to be not very durable with getting injured in his first three games.

I have nothing personal against Brady Quinn, I just don't think he is the QB who is going to lead the Browns to a winning season. I hope I'm wrong, but I was right when i said Big Gay Ben would be a stud, when I said Matt Ryan would be stud, and when everybody was calling Flacco a fluke, i said he was good. I was wrong on Garcia being good in Tampa, so maybe I'm wrong here, but I have my doubts.

I KNOW Edwards will have another year like 07 if the offense can stay healthy, I just hope whatever QB we have sniffing the farts of Hank Fraley can take advantage of the cockpit we put him in.

If you're going to compare first starts, why not use DA's first start, in 2006? Why pick-and-choose which season you choose DA's first start from? Why not his first start in 2008? Standard DA Lover tactic, manipulate the stats so your boyfriend looks better.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OconRecon, you obvisouly missed the Quinn sarcasm.

Quinn had bad luck w/ an injury.

DA was the worst ranked, but its not fair to throw him in that category because he is a QB. QB's ratings are effected by everybody else around him, or he can effect everybody else around him. You can't watch the first game against Dallas, or the second game against pittsburgh and look me into the face and tell me the offensive line did not get ate alive by those defenses. Hadnot, Shaffer, Steiny, Fraley and Thomas all got thrown around like children. They couldn't keep the pressure off the QB from the split second the ball was snapped. We saw the same thing throughout the season.

Quinns last game he kept getting nailed, nailed, and nailed even more because of the Offensive line letting guys just run through. Sure they weren't all sacks, but they don't have to be sacks. Sometimes pressures and hits after the throw can be just as painful, if not more harmful, then a fair game sack.

The only good game we protected the QB was the NY Giants game. I'm not sure if its because Heiden did a wonderful job putting Justin Tuck on his ass a few times, of if it was the edition of Tucker, but we kept DA clean for the most part, and he played a good game.

Both BQ and or DA will be better off once bumblefingers and stallworthless are gone DA wasnt totally at fault last year bad recievers and a crappy running game played into it as well it would have helped if DA didnt constantly stare down Butterfingers his only target because he cant scan and read the whole field if he had he would have seen steptoe wide open many times but steptoe cant catch either so why not wing it at a double covered snail we call butterfingers for the pick off...

Yep, I may have.

However, in DA's 10-6 season he was ranked in the bottom half of the league (behind Sage Rosenfels and the 8 and 8 Texans).

Jamal was ranked fifth in total rushing yards.

K2 was third among TE's.

BE was seventh in the league.

There's a pattern of DA lagging behind the rest of the offense, which is why this board debated a QB competition during the off season last year. Its not good to have your QB ranked behind the rest of the O.

Archived