THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gutting of an NFL Team

hammertime

We don't have to blow it up, but we do have to carve out some significant parts.

Well put, 'peen. For the record, I loved Kellen Winslow because of the fire he brought to this team. He was a competitor in every sense of the word, but clearly to a fault. I think this is a perfect example of how you sell stock at its highest point. The Browns just sold Winslow stock at its peak, kind of like what Justin Timberlake did with Britney Spears (thank you Bill Simmons).

Frankly, I don't care who's catching passes for us next year I just want to win. That being said, there must be a few players that Kokinis thinks will be sitting there at #50 who can really help this team next year and beyond. It will be fun over the next 1 1/2 months discussing on here who that might be. But right now, we're picking 5th, 34th?, & 50th next month. A little more interesting than Draft Day '08, eh?

Good luck to you Kellen and Go Browns.

Maybe its just me, but there must be some fans out there who are well for lack of words ANGRY

I'll feel better knowing that reparations are being made and that laying down won't be tolerated.

Well, if nothing else, it put the Rogers situation on the media back burner. Mangini can now use that time to mend fences. On that note, I heard an interesting comment on 850 yesterday (can't remember who said it), but the guy said it makes more sense that Mangini is keeping his distance while evaluating the roster, because it would look worse for him to create a great rapport with everybody first and then start jettisoning guys the next moment. Then there would be an issue with trust.

But, a decision on Rogers has to be made if he is unhappy. If he is unhappy, he's Ted Washington. If he's happy he's, well, Shaun Rogers.

/Agree

Mankok has my complete support as well this team is an absolute disgrace to the nfl and the city of cleveland now that we know what they have in mind its plain to see they mean business..so what we will only win 4 instead of 5 games next year but with a lot of new and developing talent our future looks better then it did..

Losing rogers would be a big blow but we could weather it however we could end up spending #5 on raji...

As usual I will support the incumbent coaching staff and FO until they give me a reason to stop .

I am in total support of the moves so far , and am looking forward to seeing how the Rodgers , Shaun Smith , Donte Stallworth mess is dealt with . I hope we still have Rodgers on the team with a new outlook on things with Mangini , and if Stallworth is still here , a healthy determined motivation to undue a year of inaction and frailty .

I may be in the minority on this board, but I see a disturbing trend with the Browns under the Lerner ownership group.

Bring in a new GM/Head coach

Install a new philosohy by said New coach/gm

Make roster moves to conform to new philosophy

Team sucks ass during the season and misses playoffs yet again.

Wash, rinse repeat after 3-4 years.

I don't know about the rest of you but Lerner has not exactly made me confident in his ownership, it's like a broken record with this team under his ownership....basically sucking year after year.

Lerner gets no more free passes with me, if they suck yet again this year, it will prove to me that he should just sell the team to someone who knows what they are doing.

I may be in the minority on this board, but I see a disturbing trend with the Browns under the Lerner ownership group.

Bring in a new GM/Head coach

Install a new philosohy by said New coach/gm

Make roster moves to conform to new philosophy

Team sucks ass during the season and misses playoffs yet again.

Wash, rinse repeat after 3-4 years.

I don't know about the rest of you but Lerner has not exactly made me confident in his ownership, it's like a broken record with this team under his ownership....basically sucking year after year.

Lerner gets no more free passes with me, if they suck yet again this year, it will prove to me that he should just sell the team to someone who knows what they are doing.

Well at least this coach has some experience as a head coach and truthfully now Lerner has a few years of owner experience under his belt. He had to learn somewhere.

Ummm...I'm betting there are PLENTY of guys out there who can catch the ball.

Every team in the league didn't have K2...and they seemed to do okay. Much better than us, in fact.

To try and "keep it real", lets not forget the receiving corps fielded in the SB this past year. Three elite wideouts (Ward, Boldin, Fitzgerald) and one who played a whale of a game (Holmes). Losing K2 was a loss. We don't have a proven replacement of his caliber even considering his ravaged knees.

That said, I support the trade as we probably got peak value for him at this stage.

However, this talk of shipping of Edwards is nuts. I think the trading of K2 might actually help Edwards as he is now SQUARELY the man. Its what he's always wanted, now he just has to deliver (the big "if" for him).

To try and "keep it real", lets not forget the receiving corps fielded in the SB this past year. Three elite wideouts (Ward, Boldin, Fitzgerald) and one who played a whale of a game (Holmes). Losing K2 was a loss. We don't have a proven replacement of his caliber even considering his ravaged knees.

That said, I support the trade as we probably got peak value for him at this stage.

However, this talk of shipping of Edwards is nuts. I think the trading of K2 might actually help Edwards as he is now SQUARELY the man. Its what he's always wanted, now he just has to deliver (the big "if" for him).

Edwards deserves the boot. He failed us when we needed him the most last year. He is not a winner.

Is this what yuo really think, or is your hatred for a Michigan player to strong for you to see in front of your face?

Personally i think its funny that we have a Michigan great playing for our team and not the Lions.... Also our team is not Ohio State, once college is over it should be over.

This young man is a great talent.

Mikey?

Where Edwards played college ball is or has never been an issue, stay on topic such as what can we get for him or how he has transformed himself into a viable target for Cleveland. Now is the time to get rid of him, its a business.

Edwards was the #3 overall pick.

Winslow was the #6 overall pick.

If the new management comes in and trades them away for 2nd and 3rd rounders, I'm not sure they're demonstrating a formula for success. I'm not saying its going to fail, but hmmm.

Now, trading a 6th round and last ranked QB from last season for a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be excellent.

Where Edwards played college ball is or has never been an issue...

I'd say that's true. My hatred for Michigan players never transfers to current Browns players. The fact that the perennial league leader in dropped passes is making $8 million per year and killing 8 million drives per year is another matter, however.

If the Browns are gonna lay $8m per year on the line for Bray, why is he unable to lay himself out for the Browns? Why is he clucking all over the field when he hears footsteps? Why is he dropping bombs with no footsteps bearing down on him?

I play...a sport that most of you hate so I won't mention it... I don't get paid to do it. I signed up to help with organizing and fund raising, but team management asked me to play. At 37 years old, it's nice to be a part of the small Croatian Community here in Phoenix, and for the past month I've had to deal with a groin pull, 2 sore ankles (probably due to the rock hard ground that they call (dead) grass out here), a sore left foot, and a sore shoulder...to go along with scraped knees and elbows, and the body checks across my head the past two weeks.

I was fine until I started playing. I planned to sit out the final game of the season yesterday, but when only 9 guys showed up, I felt compelled to run back to my car and put on the uniform. For $8m per year? I'd be dancing my way to the games...injuries and all. Hell, I'd do it for $100k per year.

Where is Braylon's heart and passion? Self preservation? Nobody lives forever. Be the best you can be. I expect a man to be a man. Braylon has so much potential. If he could just keep his eye on the ball instead of on incoming defenders... but after 4 years with only one good showing, it's hard to keep giving him another chance. I'm a firm believer in 2nd chances, but how many chances does Braylon get?

-Al

Archived