THE BROWNS BOARD

This team needs ALOT OF WORK

DieHardBrownsFan

You guys keep thinking that DA is the only problem with this team if it makes you sleep better tonight. But that's not the truth. He didn't lose this game today.

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else but let's be realistic the problems go beyond the QB.

He's not the only problem with this team, but he is the biggest problem with this team. It's simple, with an accurate QB this team has at least 3 more wins. You can't win games in this league with a QB who completes only 50% of his passes. I don't know if Quinn is the answer, but lets find out because Anderson is not the answer.

No way you can put this one on DA. Stop the hatred and get a grip. The defense blew this one. Playcalling didn't help. For once DA is innocent. The Browns had NO running game today.

Our defense made the crucial stop with 3 minutes left and what does DA do?! He throws a f'in interception!!! Tell me ... who the hell am I supposed to be mad at?!

Typical......defense also gave up a 27-13 lead.....so who should you be mad at?

Don't get me wrong, I am also pissed off that we lost the lead and that Braylon can't catch a pass to save his life but ultimately the defense came through at the most important time and DA had the chance to win the game and, unlike a good NFL QB, he hands the game over to Baltimore. So to answer your question - DA is who I should be most mad at.

I don't know if Quinn is the answer, but lets find out because Anderson is not the answer.

What we do know is that DA is not the answer at QB.

Will you guys stop making sense....it's unbecoming.

BF17 you can be mad at DA, that is your choice. But the game turned today when the Browns were up 27-13 with the Ravens facing a 3rd and long......of course they converted and went on to score. After that the playcalling got conservative and the defense was just horrible.

Saying that DA is not the problem is the same thing as saying that you think everything is okay with this team right now. He runs this football team and his influence is supposed to trickle down. If there's no influence, then the whole team is affected. It's time to abandon ship. Swallow your pride and admit that it's BQ time. It's time to shake things up, as this season is all but over.

Saying that DA is not the problem is the same thing as saying that you think everything is okay with this team right now. He runs this football team and his influence is supposed to trickle down. If there's no influence, then the whole team is affected. It's time to abandon ship. Swallow your pride and admit that it's BQ time. It's time to shake things up, as this season is all but over.

I never said that DA isn't a problem but only that he is not to blame for this game. DA is not the future of this team.......we all know that. Coaching to me is the biggest concern. We could have the greatest friggin' QB ever known to man and the coaching staff wouldn't know what to do with him.

I'm pretty sure that Romeo needs to go after this one. You just can't win football games by playing so conservatively. You need to go all out and take risks. While I do feel that there are various players to blame, I strongly believe it all comes back to the coaching which has been nothing but abysmal. The Ravens figured out our offense late in the game and we did nothing to change it. It's games like this that piss me off because we had it in our hands and dropped it, just like Braylon.

Romeo + his staff deserves to leave after this one. Our season is already gone with this game so there's no reason why we shouldn't shake things up and take the rest of the season to gel it together

Don't blame Chud. What would you do if you had that interception machine behind center? I'd be calling running plays too.

BF17 you can be mad at DA, that is your choice. But the game turned today when the Browns were up 27-13 with the Ravens facing a 3rd and long......of course they converted and went on to score. After that the playcalling got conservative and the defense was just horrible.

Our defense was not horrible at the time we needed them the most. I thought for sure that Baltimore was just going to run out the clock when we punted it back to them with 4 minutes to go but instead the D came up with a great stop.

Ultimately, the play that turned/ended this game was the interception. Up until that point we still had a very good chance to win it.

I'm beginning to think DA isn't RAC's choice. In our final offensive series where DA did his best Favre '06 impersonation, RAC didnt even look at DA as he walked off the field. No words, no "hold your head up, kid" nothing. Part of me thinks that RAC had already ordered appetizers and wasn't really focused, but I would have at least expected a glance in the starting QB's direction.

How about the "BOOOOOOOO's" when DA trotted back on the field for the last series? Ouch.

How about the "Brady! Brady! Brady!" at the end of the 2nd to last series (not the Suggs pick)? Ouch.

Dude it is half off jalapeno poppers night; RAC was focused and in a hurry

I know this team has some other issues (BE is a big one right now), but week in and week out, DA keeps popping up on the radar as making things harder than they should be.

To be honest, BE and DA both are horrid....did anyone catch BE's take of 'That what I do?' after his catch....what a f-cking tool

If Lister Jr acted like that I would kick him straight in the a-s; but he is a winner and would never consider a horrid incorrect take of 'that what I do'

Lerner has a ton money. Forbes rankes the Browns as one of the top money making teams in the NFL. The team is worth around 200-500 million dollars. Having said that, he has not invested wisely in coaches and players over the years. I don't think he has good football knowledge considering the doofus (RAC, Phil the Pill) he has hired. icon_idea.gif

So suppose they start Brady Quinn. What "if" he does worse than Derrick Anderson? What if he is another Ryan Leaf? I looked at the stats after the browns went up 27-13. They only gained 38 yards. Four three,and outs plus the int. Looked alot like conservative "play not to lose Schottenhiemer style play like in the 1986 AFC Championship game. (Kneel Down after the 98 yd drive,and three,and out punt. Denver goes 60 yds to win..

What if he does? I don't think they're going to pull the plug on him based on his first start and one game when they've pissed around with Anderson for 27 games now.

We're not calling for Quinn because we think he'll save the season. We're calling for him because it's pointless to spend more time 'developing' another teams future backup QB.

Our hopes for this season are toast. We need 7-1 or 8-0 to make the playoffs. Ain't gonna happen.

DA has had ample opportunity to show what he's got. These last 8 games are a great opportunity to see what else we've got and that of course includes Quinn. It's time to start eyeing our roster for '09 and you can't do that if you don't see what's sitting on the bench.

We can gain absolutely nothing by continuing to start DA the rest of this season.

Doug

Archived