THE BROWNS BOARD

IF the Browns "stockpile" 2nd round picks thru trades

Canton Mike

We now have 2 2nd round picks. If we garner more through trades, it would seem to me that trading our #5 pick down would almost seem to be a certainty. Why pay for multiple 2nd rounders AND #5? If we could trade that #5 for a later 1st & another 2nd round pick, why not pull the trigger? Maybe a "package" with DA or BE. Sure seems like we're NOT going for aging FAs, & I think that's a good thing.....although an aging FA QB as a solid backup would be a move I would agree with.

Mike

We now have 2 2nd round picks. If we garner more through trades, it would seem to me that trading our #5 pick down would almost seem to be a certainty. Why pay for multiple 2nd rounders AND #5? If we could trade that #5 for a later 1st & another 2nd round pick, why not pull the trigger? Maybe a "package" with DA or BE. Sure seems like we're NOT going for aging FAs, & I think that's a good thing.....although an aging FA QB as a solid backup would be a move I would agree with.

Mike

Im thinking in similar terms mankok is devising a plan of some sort to build from the draft as they said they would i expect 2-3 more trades in the near future hopefully trading our damaged goods for draft gold!

And filling the remaining needs with temporary FA or walk on guys..until next years draft..

Mike

Because NO ONE will move up to pay #5 overall pick...nobody of worth there after Crabtree got hurt. Curry is Gone for sure.

QBs and LTs are always good for a trade up.

I don't see it happening because of the various team's needs before the Niners and Jets draft. I think both the Niners and Jets can sit where they are and will be able to get both Sanchez and Stafford.

As far as OT's, not enough sperates the five that will go in the first round for someone to give up much to get one instead of the other. You can wait and get an OT as late as pick #20 and there is a good chance is that he'll be nearly as good as the one picked at #2.

History shows it to be true. Of the last 16 OT's to be drafted in the first round, 13 are starting with their orignal teams. 1 has been moved to guard and two have been bust. The odds are good that you'll get a solid OT anywhere in the first round.

.....And with this group there just isn't much that sperates them.

You think that means we get rid of DA next? I really don't see us losing both KW and BE. Who are we gonna throw it to if we do that? I'd rather get Orakpo than Crabtree.

Mangini may be of the Belichick mindset that WR's are not that important to winning football. Look at all the Patriot teams.

Other than Moss they never had a superstar WR.

Look at Mangini's Jets.........Coles, Cotchery, smith, Stuckey......No big time WR's there.

Mangini is currently neglecting the FA market, especially where our Free Safety Position is concerned, or our SS position if Jones decides to go somewhere else or if Mangini chooses not to offer him anything.

This furthers my belief that we are going to draft William Moore in the second along with my boy Rashad Jennings

Moore is the definition of an AFC North Safety

We need to keep scooping up these 2nd and late first rounders because this draft is deep!

Because NO ONE will move up to pay #5 overall pick...nobody of worth there after Crabtree got hurt. Curry is Gone for sure.

Crabtree hasn't lost any draft stock. He is still rated in everybodies top 5. Philly is a real possibility as trade partner because they know Crabtree and Maclin will both be gone early and they need a WR or McNabb doesn't sign an extension.

Also, San Fran is a trade possibility because they want Sanchez and if he is available at #5 they might move up so nobody jumps in ahead of him. That is if they can't get Lenhart from Ariz.

The Bears want a QB and as a matter of fact they are even interested in Anderson, but they could jump up if Stafford is there.

Now, Denver is talking about trading Cutler and could be looking at a QB in the draft or Anderson.

There are also teams looking at the three top LTs and would be willing to jump a few spots to get the right guy, if he is still there.

Lots of options my friend.

Crabtree hasn't lost any draft stock. He is still rated in everybodies top 5. Philly is a real possibility as trade partner because they know Crabtree and Maclin will both be gone early and they need a WR or McNabb doesn't sign an extension.

How do you know he's listed in everybody's top 5??

I read an article not long ago that said his stock has dropped. Not totally due to his fracture. His height being just over 6'1" instead of the 6'3" that he was listed at really bothered some GM's.

A reported slow 40 time hasn't impressed GM's as well.

Also, depending on the type and area of the stress fracture, this could be an ongoing problem for him.

That is a pretty large gamble for a top 10 pick.

Archived