THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayock's Top 20

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Link

Robert Ayers (#12) and Donald Brown (#16) are the real surprises here. Ayers did have a great Senior Bowl week and, according to Mayock, got the best of Andre Smith when they matched up last year. Brown's coming off a great season and a very impressive combine.

Some other surprises: Malcolm Jenkins falling all the way to 19, and Everette Brown not even making the list.

Guest Masters

I am not too surprised Bennie didn't make it. Anymore, unless you are a AP running back, they aren't really worth top 20. Shelf life just doesn't afford it. Then there is the fact Bennie hasn't really done anything to help his draft stock.

KC's trade for Cassel all but assures me that they'll take Curry if he's there at 3. We might be up a river and stuck at #5, choosing Orakpo, who I do not believe can effectively transfer to a 3-4 OLB spot. Imagine if we had two Wimbleys rushing the passer and getting pushed around like little girls.

Guest Masters
hmmm...look who is #20....quite a climb from third round! Look out Detroit...ha ha ha

Good call on Freeman. Now lets see if someone actually drafts him in round one. I think he'll go early in round 2. But stll quite the climb.

Guest Aloysius
Ayers did have a great Senior Bowl week and, according to Mayock, got the best of Andre Smith when they matched up last year.

Just watched the Alabama-Tennessee game: Ayers was pretty beastly. He did beat Andre Smith with quickness once or twice, but his best work was done lining up at DT.

Like Clay Matthews, Ayers only started one year and wasn't eye-openingly productive, but he could be a very good NFL player. His best fit may be in a Justin Tuck-type role, playing 4-3 DE and reducing inside on passing downs. However, he may also be athletic enough to play 3-4 OLB; he reportedly looked good in linebacker drills at the Combine, and he's certainly strong enough to set the edge in the run game.

nfldraftscout has Ayers projected as a 2nd Round pick. I'd consider him at #50, but he'll most likely be off the board by then.

I am not too surprised Bennie didn't make it. Anymore, unless you are a AP running back, they aren't really worth top 20. Shelf life just doesn't afford it. Then there is the fact Bennie hasn't really done anything to help his draft stock.

The GM's and Coaches know the same thing most of know.... The same thing many Buckeyes fans are usually afraid to admit. The guy doesn't have a lot of heart.

Archived