THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn's presence is a hinderance to the team

Lumbergh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WPB that play that was busted he should have held, for whatever reason I was remembering it as a 4th down but I was wrong. That was a busted play by Wright, Thomas and DA... DA a little more because he was forcing a situation even though IF wright had run that correctly or Thomas body on Suggs like he was supposed to that would not have been a pick.

either way it is what it is. I still think Steinbach on the left side would have made sure that play went differently. Just and opinion.

WPB that play that was busted he should have held, for whatever reason I was remembering it as a 4th down but I was wrong. That was a busted play by Wright, Thomas and DA... DA a little more because he was forcing a situation even though IF wright had run that correctly or Thomas body on Suggs like he was supposed to that would not have been a pick.

either way it is what it is. I still think Steinbach on the left side would have made sure that play went differently. Just and opinion.

Look, I've stated in other threads this morning I don't pin this loss on DA.

However, to infer that DA's INT was okay since an incomplete pass would have been a turnover on downs was just inaccurate.

To then respond once corrected with what I quoted above is irresponsible.

DA has to be accountable for the things he does on the field as do all other players.

In that situation, he can't thrown an INT. He has another down. The play is right in front of him. He was primarily responsible for that turnover. Period.

Is that why we lost? No. Did DA have a horrible game? No. Did he respond to our loss of momentum? Partially. His pass to BE was one hell of a response. However, in the end, the DA led offense was unable to bail out the defensive collapse. Shouldn't have had to, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Greythan DA does not get a pass for that pick. He was PART of the problem on that play and the one who executed the choice to throw it.

AFter STeinbach left I think our oline was screwed as well as any chance to run against the ravens who are obviously good at stuffing the run.

I dont think DA is a A caliber pressure situation qb and he does make mistakes. This last game with all of the damn injuries he played about as well as his talent and development level allows him.

I am not really focused on the QB dilemma, its not one for me after the last 5 games. He is better and less of a gunslinger. 7tds and 2 ints and what should have been a great 3rd td yesterday is ok with me. he is cutting down on his mistakes and his swing passes and short passes seems to be coming along.

I have a problem with all of these injuries. I know injuries are part of the game but.... Wow do we have a lot of them to starting personnel.

Looking at the rush defenses we have played against its been pretty stiff. We need better CONSISTENT skill players at the recieving end. WE have ONE Winslow and I still think we would be better off with him in the slot than a tight end. than we have heiden and winslow in on more than just double tight end packages.

Dallas 17th against the rush

pitt 3rd

baltimore 1st

cinci 24th

giants 7th

washington 6th

jacksonville 20th

baltimore 1st

Its pretty easy to see why we are having problems but during the Giants game we had a better blocking tight end. We really need to focus on the running game.

Everyone talks about the inteception on 4th down on a busted play that neither Wirght nor Thomas executed on the side that Steinbach was not in.

Pardon me?

Did Wright throw that ball to Suggs in a panic?

Did Joe Thomas force Anderception to throw the ball to Suggs?

You see a play break down, and you do something else, not shit your fuc-ing pants and throw a pick 6.

That's what separates the Retards from the real quarterbacks.

Lumbergh are you stupid. di your mom drop you on your head when you were young did you watch the game. cribs is the reason they were in the game. anderson went 17-33 and that helped his season completion percentage. yea edwards droped what would have been a big bost for the team but anderson still looked terrible including a pick 6 to ice the game. but that was the fans fault like they made that decision. i really think you could be a complete idiot

I am not really focused on the QB dilemma, its not one for me after the last 5 games. He is better and less of a gunslinger. 7tds and 2 ints and what should have been a great 3rd td yesterday is ok with me. he is cutting down on his mistakes and his swing passes and short passes seems to be coming along.

Sev, five games ago he was the worst rated starting QB. After these last five games where you tell us he has 7 TD's to go with 2 INT's he's still one of the worst and THE worst with at least 200 attempts. You are trying to cherry pick stats. The passer rating doesn't allow that. Use it.

Also, BE's catch would not have been a TD. He flat out would have been tackled.

Finally, after all the crap you spewed about Quinn's TD in preseason how the hell can you give DA credit for the ball BE plucked away from the defender? Similar plays in that the ball was thrown to a spot a defender could have intercepted but our receiver out played the defender for the ball. Can't have it both ways.

What I have YET to see you address is how DA is not one of the worst starting QB's in the league which is what his passer rating indicates. Its all his cockpit I guess. Must be the worst supporting cast of 10 in the league.

Sev, he's completing less than 50% of his passes. Of the top 20 passers, the lowest completion rate is Matt Ryan (a rookie) at 58.6. None of the other 19 are below 60%. Are their cockpits really that much better? What, exactly, is DA accountable for?

His comp completion.... um when we CANT RUSH all we can do is pass and we only have ONE CONSISTENT reciever. How hard is that call plays against? that happens to us EVERY game this year. I will worry about his comp completion after we show we can run the ball.

Cherry picking? did you see my other posts? Its called looking at games since we started getting healthy..... the end zone td that was a obvious toss up IS not comparable to that pick that turned into a td for BQ in the preseason. I dont even think that is worth comparing or discussing. Considering that is exactly the throw he was supposed to make in the end zone for braylon.

Progression is about looking at improvements in smaller increments and comparing them to prior information. AGAINST GOOD QUALITY TEAMs in the last 2 months DA has gotten better and more efficient than in the beginning of the season. That is progression and one that I dont have a problem with. If you want to focus on the overall picture be my guest but like any fluid situation that is dynamic and not static it always gives a skewed result.

As for BE major drop its funny all of the former players and coaches now paid experts on espn to the nfl network along with the announcers all felt it would have been and should have been a tD so you can have your opinion but it does not seem to match theirs.

As for BE major drop its funny all of the former players and coaches now paid experts on espn to the nfl network along with the announcers all felt it would have been and should have been a tD so you can have your opinion but it does not seem to match theirs.

That's because I watched the game including Edwards being tackled by the defender as he was dropping the ball.

You should watch the games too. Its informative.

Progression is about looking at improvements in smaller increments and comparing them to prior information. AGAINST GOOD QUALITY TEAMs in the last 2 months DA has gotten better and more efficient than in the beginning of the season.

Again, he remains the worst rated passer in the NFL with at least 200 attempts.

You're good with that "progression"? I'm not.

Sev, five games ago he was the worst rated starting QB. After these last five games where you tell us he has 7 TD's to go with 2 INT's he's still one of the worst and THE worst with at least 200 attempts. You are trying to cherry pick stats. The passer rating doesn't allow that. Use it.

Also, BE's catch would not have been a TD. He flat out would have been tackled.

Finally, after all the crap you spewed about Quinn's TD in preseason how the hell can you give DA credit for the ball BE plucked away from the defender? Similar plays in that the ball was thrown to a spot a defender could have intercepted but our receiver out played the defender for the ball. Can't have it both ways.

What I have YET to see you address is how DA is not one of the worst starting QB's in the league which is what his passer rating indicates. Its all his cockpit I guess. Must be the worst supporting cast of 10 in the league.

Sev, he's completing less than 50% of his passes. Of the top 20 passers, the lowest completion rate is Matt Ryan (a rookie) at 58.6. None of the other 19 are below 60%. Are their cockpits really that much better? What, exactly, is DA accountable for?

Good post. I noticed now we're giving TD's when the guy is tackled after he dropped it and also making a big deal out of a jump ball that should have been a pick. Last week we were being preached to how us BQ fags shouldn't be counting his TD's in preseason.

I'm sorry Sev, you're a smart guy and a good poster, but IMO you have now crossed the line on this issue in an attempt to prove you've been correct all along. Grey is right, you are now cherry picking big time and it's becoming eerily reminiscent of Ate and Lums.

I don't feel I can take you that seriously anymore regarding this, I really can't. Drew Brees goes out and goes 26-30 when he has no number one WR or TE, injuries are no longer an excuse for this team, I'm tired of that shit. The problem with this team is a QB who is the league's worst ranked passer as a full time starter. It's about as plain and simple as it gets.

thats fine Riffer, I see the nfl game as a live action battlefield/chess game. I do happen to think DA is progressing from what I have seen (yes greythan i watched yesterdays game and rewound that be drop like 5 times).

I have a joe thomas jersey because i believe the game is won on the line, we lost that battle yesterday clearly. I dont think our D is doind bad, contrary to some I think they are vastly underrated. Our o line and its inability along with Jamal who lacks the speed burst he once had is one of our biggest problems.

That creates to easy playcalling for defenses because all we can do is throw the ball and than we have the BE problem and injuries leaving us only KW as the consistent go to guy. NOt a very complex problem to plan against.

.. the end zone td that was a obvious toss up IS not comparable to that pick that turned into a td for BQ in the preseason. I dont even think that is worth comparing or discussing. Considering that is exactly the throw he was supposed to make in the end zone for braylon.

come on sev...BE had the guy beat by a step and to the outside...and that pass was short and to the inside...it was a poor throw and BE saved DA's butt.

Should BE make that type of play...I would like to think a #1 WR should...but it was NOT the proper throw no matter how you sugar coat it...and in fact if you watch that pass he threw it off of his back foot AGAIN! It is something he is getting in a habit of doing. Back foot jump passes have a knack of being INT's!!!

WPB I agree it could have been thrown better, I do agree I have been seeing DA throw more from his back foot.

I still dont think it is comparable to the preseason situation and location of the BQ pick. its just an opinion.

Anderson has gotten more conservative but its not like he has a lot of options to throw to right now.

its just an opinion.

That's cool. We all have them. Glad to see it not presented as fact.

Anderson has gotten more conservative but its not like he has a lot of options to throw to right now.

Are his options the worst among QB's with 200 attempts? Are there other QB's putting up better numbers and results with the same or less?

Guest Masters
Everyone talks about the inteception on 4th down on a busted play that neither Wirght nor Thomas executed on the side that Steinbach was not in.

correction from my early mistake.

19 rushes for 49 yds? a offence without stallworth and a crappy BE. Steinbach, Tucker,Vickers all out. You people are right it is all DA's fault even though we had no rushing we were still able to score 27.

The booing and the BQ chants were from fans that were classless and clueless as to the complexity of the game and it components.

Do you follow football at all or just stare that moving colors on your TV screen? BALT is the #1 rush D. Coming in they were giving up like 68 yards a game and 2.8y/c. No one runs on them successfully. And guess what? CLE ran for 64 yards at 2.8 y/c against them.

How many times was DA hit or had really pressure? Very few times.

The only fans that are clueless as to the complexity of the game and it's components are ones like you that try to defend the piss poor play of DA.

Archived