THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn and Rogers to Denver?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favre got Mangini fired...why would he want a 'young' Favre. Besides...he already has a 'young' Favre on the roster in DA.

This doesn't hold water....especially since Rogers alone would get a 1st round pick...so I don't see it.

It's a shaky proposition because Quinn is an unknown, but Cutler is a stud and it would be hard to pass up that offer.

But still, Rogers AND Quinn for just Cutler? I dunno, I'd like to see Denver throw in a an amazing defender that could swallow two people whole at least.

Quinn campaigned for McDaniels to get the HC job. Quinn knows that McDaniels would start him. Quinn needs to start this year to get his 11 mil, and Mangini doesn't sound like he's hopped aboard BQ Nation. Quinn and McDaniels have probably talked to their people about scenarios.

This got a little heat around the blogs, but OBR said the Browns had NOT offered Quinn. However, it might be that the Browns talked to the Broncos about Anderson if they did indeed move Cutler, and Denver inquired about Quinn. Those talks happen all the time, and Josh McDaniels does have a connection to Quinn through Weis.

Yeah and my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Hey shep did the Quinn fags at OBR churn that one out?

Favre got Mangini fired...why would he want a 'young' Favre. Besides...he already has a 'young' Favre on the roster in DA.

This doesn't hold water....especially since Rogers alone would get a 1st round pick...so I don't see it.

A young Farve? Because he can sling the ball. He played at an all-pro level last year and the Donkey's have the nerve to shop him. The shoe's on the other foot. Mankok got fired because he lost 4 out of the final 5 games and his team gave up 122 points.

But I do agree, this seems unlikely

Am I the only guy that doesn't like Cutler?

Great natural tools ... but he seems like an ass who teammates have a hard time rallying around.

Not a winner. Had a huge lead in division last year and they folded.

The guy doesn't say "Super Bowl" to me.

I'd rather develop Quinn, I think he is special.

Zombo

Cutler is a solid QB. Top....10, easily...if not top 5 or 6 in the league.

i loved watching Denver's offense play. It was like back in the day... Qb's like Marino, Elway, etc....

i think Cutler wins an SB someday. (maybe not in Denver....)

Denver's defense was amazingly, like, "i literally cannot believe they don't know how to tackle" horrible.

No we're not.

A little advice Kosar, this guy isn't a Browns fan, he's a Derek Anderson fan. The minute Anderson is sent to another team Lumbergh will be right there cheering for that team. He has no loyalty to Cleveland whatsoever, he's from the Oregon trail.

He didn't sound gay? lol

I heard they are teaching DA to throw underhand on any passes 10 yards or less.

So was the Browns...

true.

but we didn't have Cutler's offense. :-/

and I got to the Giants game, which actually showed some good things on D.

good point though....not to bring up any skills or lack of skills of certain QB's...... but what was it, 3, 4 games where we squandered a 10+ point lead?

maybe we should have a competition with Denver's D for........uh.... not being good.

point is: Cutler is a really good QB.

point is: Cutler is a really good QB.

Getting the dude would be one less thing we have to worry about. If we get an QB like that, ManKok can focus on defense and let Cutler slang to help us win some games. Hey, and you never know, maybe a new QB will help Braylon? I've seen that happen before. If I remember right Burris dropped a league high some years back with the Squeelers, after he moved to New York, he stopped dropping balls. I might be remembering that right?

Rogers and BQ for cutler?

No way maybe rogers or bq for cutler but not both that would be well below a premium fire sale trade..its a lummy dream but isnt going to happen unless mankok wants to be beheaded and buried in the jets and ravens stadiums respectively by the bq fags...hehehehehe ;)

I should point out im a bq fag and a DA fag in other words im a browns fag and can live with mankoks decisions about either or both qbs and rogers mankok is still in honeymoon mode but should they trade bq for cutler and bq take the rag tag FA broncos to the playoffs while we fail with cutler i think its safe to say mankoks presence in municiple stadium would be unbearable and full of mankok blows they gotta go banners followed by a lynching mob for lerner to sell the team...im not big on jay cutler to be honest and wouldnt trade sean jones for him..

Rogers and BQ for cutler?

No way maybe rogers or bq for cutler but not both that would be well below a premium fire sale trade..its a lummy dream but isnt going to happen unless mankok wants to be beheaded and buried in the jets and ravens stadiums respectively by the bq fags...hehehehehe ;)

I think they would have to throw in a 3rd for this.

They are signing players that are all 40 years old anyways, why not gamble their future for an 8-8 team in 09' for some draft picks. Who are we to say how dumb the donkey's are.

Great natural tools ... but he seems like an ass who teammates have a hard time rallying around.

Zombo

He looks like a fu@king hobbit.....

Zombo

I completely disagree. THEIR defense gave up 448 POINTS!. And when they "folded" and lost their last 3 games the Donkey's gave up 112 points! They gave up 51 points to the Chargers!

Don't make me pull Quinn and DA's stats compared to Cutler. Cutler did it with a WAY worse defense. And yes his team finished 8-8 but with a defense giving up 448 points (50 less then the Lions) but with Quinn and DA as the starters and the Browns giving up 100 less points we finished 4-12, what does that tell you?

God I love it when I am right....

Zombo

Bingo.

This all still smells like a smoke screen to make other teams think the Browns are considering sticking with DA.

Not worried at all (but then again I laughed at those whe said Modell would move the Browns).

It would be a sure-fire way for Kokgini to piss off fans. Makes no sense. Come in to town, and trade away the first round draft pick from Ohio when the guy ahead of him is a proven turnover machine.

Ain't gonna happen.

This trade will not, and should not happen. Give Quinn a chance.

Hey Mangina -- I don't think you were brought here to completely destroy our team. We have one good defensive player, so please do not trade him.

Im not really buying this rumor but our team was destroyed before mankok took it over it would be hard to make it any worse then it already is even if mankok wholesales the entire playerbase for picks...but i dont see any sense in why we would trade a potential franchise qb and our defensive anchor for a hobbit that is also damaged goods..

I dont like cutler he is not that good he is extremly over-rated and yeah he looks like a hobbit...;)

The lazy-eyed hobbit is 17-20 with 87 rating.

I think we can manage that out of Quinn AND keep the ALL-PRO defensive tackle.

The off-season is so GAY.

It's like a freaking soap opera out there.

We have a good young QB with a good young challenger.

Mangini walked past Rogers at a banquet ... boo hoo hoo.

I've been reading how great the Mighty Quinn will be for two years, now we are going to ship him and our best player for a guy who hasn't QB'd a team to a winning record since high school?

C'mon .... draft .... c'mon ... training camp ... I'm trying to hang in there....

Zombo

Sounds like Rogers for Cutler and Quinn for a 3rd to me. No wonder you don't "see it".

You can't look at it that way Lum.....you have to look at the package as a whole.

Cutler is worth more than Rogers, and Quinn is worth more than a 3rd.

You balance it out....Rogers and Quinn for Cutler and a 3rd is a pretty balanced trade.

I doubt it happens, but from a value and "doability" standpoint....it could work.

Whoever came up with this at least put some thought behind it before posting.

Don't make me pull Quinn and DA's stats compared to Cutler....

You can only pull up DA and Cutler. Quinn's stats don't have enough numbers to be significant. Basic math. And what numbers he does have only include 5 healthy quarters and 4 of them were on 2 days of preperation.

One thing is for sure. None of us know what will come of Quinn. Ok a second thing we know, his stats mean nothing.

By the way, did anyone notice Graffanino is batting .500 and Garko is batting .143 so far this spring? Meaningless.

It would be a sure-fire way for Kokgini to piss off fans. Makes no sense. Come in to town, and trade away the first round draft pick from Ohio when the guy ahead of him is a proven turnover machine.

Read my post above. When your 30 points down, of course you are going to throw picks. How many did DA and Quinn have this year when only being 6-10 points down? I know there are many factors here, but read my post above.

Archived