THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn and Rogers to Denver?

The truth of the matter according to Peter King of SI is the fact that Cutler asked to be traded once his QB coach left (Jeremy Bates). Once guys become disgruntled they form a cancer (TO, Ocho Cinco, LJ).

In this case you have Cutler and Rogers. I say you do the deal....but for more.

If it's true Denver was going to send the #12 pick and a 3rd round for Cassel what makes you think we couldn't get their #12 pick for Quinn and Rogers? If that's the case.....you take the steal I mean deal.

Mike

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can only pull up DA and Cutler. Quinn's stats don't have enough numbers to be significant. Basic math. And what numbers he does have only include 5 healthy quarters and 4 of them were on 2 days of preperation.

One thing is for sure. None of us know what will come of Quinn. Ok a second thing we know, his stats mean nothing.

By the way, did anyone notice Graffanino is batting .500 and Garko is batting .143 so far this spring? Meaningless.

The one stat that matters, WINS. And Cutler had more wins with a WAY Worse defense and like 8 running backs changing out all season. 4 more wins to be exact.

The truth of the matter according to Peter King of SI is the fact that Cutler asked to be traded once his QB coach left (Jeremy Bates). Once guys become disgruntled they form a cancer (TO, Ocho Cinco, LJ).

In this case you have Cutler and Rogers. I say you do the deal....but for more.

If it's true Denver was going to send the #12 pick and a 3rd round for Cassel what makes you think we couldn't get their #12 pick for Quinn and Rogers? If that's the case.....you take the steal I mean deal.

Mike

Good point Mike. If a #1 is thrown in, DO IT.

This all still smells like a smoke screen to make other teams think the Browns are considering sticking with DA.

Yeah everything we hear is just smoke screen...

It's like the report that Mangini doesn't like what he sees in Quinn. That was a total smokescreen too right?

Broncos 2 cents. This is a nightmare for us. I hope Cutler and McDaniels can come to terms and this all just goes away, but I doubt it will. McDaniels obviously has issues with Cutler and is looking for any excuse to get rid of him. If a trade does go down you are getting a hell of a QB. Cutler is far better than his stats and wins would indicate.

He has been playing with no Deffense, no special teams, 8 different runningbacks, and the running back that managed to last the longest was hocking cellphones in a mall at the beginning of the season. His best wide reciever had a major case of the drops all season, his #2 target was a rookie signed mostly for returns, his favorite target (TE) was injured for a good portion of the season, and he still managed to piece together 8 wins and put the team in position to go to the playoffs all the way up to the last game (ok, the 3 game slide was vomit inducing, but we were still there til the end).

On our end I would like to see Quinn in Orange and Blue if this does go down, I hope for the love of God McDaniels isn't desperate/stupid enough to go with Anderson. I agree with most that Rogers is the incentive here. McD is trying to put together a one season turn around on our deffense from worst to first, and he has had success with a back-up QB that hadn't played since high-school. Do you really think given these facts that McD is shopping a pro-bowl QB for another either an unproven or an erratic QB? He is looking for D help, and thinks he can go with whatever QB he is given, which is sad because Jay is, and in the near future will prove himself to be, a Franchise QB.

The other thing that scares me here is that the two QB's in question both seem to be nice fits for the opposing coaches. Mangini has dealt with Favre the consummate gunslinger who is far closer to Cutler than Quinn, and McDaniels won his HC position by working with Cassle and Brady who's limiting mistakes style fits much closer to Quinns mold. There are lots of reasons for this trade to go down, and my not wanting it to happen doesn't weigh to heavily on the negative side. In any case good luck to you, I look forward to seeing what the future holds for all of us.

Cutler appears to have on the field problems like mood swings and temper tantrums i dont really think he is mankok material and this rumor is an internet rumor..

Someone send me a personal message here and said it was a rumor started on the Broncos board. So what, it's fun to talk about, it's not like us Browns fans have much to talk about in THIS off-season anyways. Oh well.

He has been playing with no Deffense, no special teams, 8 different runningbacks, and the running back that managed to last the longest was hocking cellphones in a mall at the beginning of the season. His best wide reciever had a major case of the drops all season, his #2 target was a rookie signed mostly for returns, his favorite target (TE) was injured for a good portion of the season, and he still managed to piece together 8 wins and put the team in position to go to the playoffs all the way up to the last game (ok, the 3 game slide was vomit inducing, but we were still there til the end).

Doesn't matter. Cutler would get booed. In Cleveland the only valid excuse for poor play is being Brady Quinn.

Doesn't matter. Cutler would get booed. In Cleveland the only valid excuse for poor play is being Brady Quinn.

Shop your DA man-love somewhere else, I ain't buying you disgusting little troll, and if God hates me and Anderson ends with the Broncos, stay off Orangemane.com. We have enough Retards already, we don't need more.

Shop your DA man-love somewhere else, I ain't buying you disgusting little troll, and if God hates me and Anderson ends with the Broncos, stay off Orangemane.com. We have enough Retards already, we don't need more.

Thats what you get for letting John Elways seed into the gene pool -_-.

Thats what you get for letting John Elways seed into the gene pool -_-.

He is an asshole, but was one hell of a QB, love the Bronco, hate the Car salesman. I lived in Baltimore during the whole Colts/Broncos/Elway trade fiasco. To this day I think if Elway had sucked it up and played in Baltimore, Ursay doesn't moves the Colts. I had 50 yard line tickets close enough to wipe the sweat off the cheerleaders. 2 superbowls vs. a lot of teenage fantasies. I always get a little bittersweet about this topic.

If a trade like this did happen you would see DA traded away faster than you would see now. It is a foolish thing to say this is Lums wet dream. How could it be his wet dream to trade for a QB that no matter what he does in preseason DA will not start. If you do a trade like this it is for a starting QB without question. No way does Denver do this trade for DA and Rogers, for one that would just make BQ the permanant back up or more likely traded to another team and Denver would want a QB to manage a game and even Lum would admit BQ can manage a game better than DA.

If I was the Browns I would do the trade in a second. Young starter with not alot of question marks for a upset DL and a QB with potential but lots of questions. Plus if you could pick up a third round pick and then trade DA for a 3rd and 5th you are stock piling allot of picks. Makes allot of sense really, for the Browns.

The one thing you would loss is the honeymoon period that the Browns fans WILL give the team if they start BQ. Will be at least a year maybe two before the Browns demand excellance.

I have a stronger arm than John Elway, hands down. I'll bet on it against anybody's in the league.

There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me.

Obviously, Josh and I's relationship has taken a few steps backward. I don't play for the coaches anyway, I play for teammates.

Another media-whore, expressing all of his feelings to the media every single day, every time something doesn't go his way.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Mangina wanted this 'mouth' on his team.

This rumor was actually started by Mike Florio of PFT.

Cutler Could Intrigue Cleveland

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Posted By Mike Florio 1:01 AM

Earlier on Monday, a league source advised us that the new regime in Cleveland - known lovingly in league circles as "ManKok" - would likely be interested in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler as an alternative to Derek Anderson and/or Brady Quinn.

And there are indeed as of this posting an old-fashioned, unsubstantiated, poo-on-the-wall "Internet rumor" regarding a deal that would send Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers to the Broncos for Cutler and a third-round pick.

To be crystal clear, we are not reporting that a trade is or could be happening. In fact, given the top-secret manner in which the Browns handled the Kellen Winslow trade, we're confident that word of such a transaction would not leak. Our contribution to this one is only that it's believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler.

(That said, you can bet that there will be plenty of people who come away from this one thinking that we're reporting that the deal is already done.)

Much more would have to be determined, such as whether the Broncos would be interested in Quinn, who played college football at Notre Dame for Charlie Weis, who proceeded Denver coach Josh McDaniels as New England offensive coordinator and likely mentored him.

Still, we're willing to put this one in the "possibility" category.

Yup, totally.

Funny, most of the fans really thought Quinn had potential to be a great player, and a great command of the huddle. I would be a bit surprised if Mangina saw none of that, and then watched footage of DA, right afterwards, and could honestly say he wasn't impressed by Quinn at all.

Mangina isn't an idiot, and wants to run an offense that fits Quinn's abilities. It's a smokescreen, IMO.

Boy, Quinn & Fat-Infant for Cutler??? Where do I sign?? This has to be false, because it's way too good to be true.

Boy, Quinn & Fat-Infant for Cutler??? Where do I sign?? This has to be false, because it's way too good to be true.

Personally...I think this trade sucks.

We get a QB with a history of whining...and open up a hole on our already porous DL.

It really makes very little sense for this team to do it. It would then almost necessitate we trade DA as well due to the salary cap...and therefore we would get nothing in return.

I for one would not do it...nor would I do DA and Big Baby for Cutler.

QB is the one of the few areas I "WOULD NOT" be trading for.

What if it's DAor BQ, Big Baby for Cutler a 2nd rounder?

If we subsequently drafted Raji at 5 I'd be more than down with this.

Gotta love all the time we spend dissecting a rumor from a Donkey board...

Cutler on tons of radar today:

Cutler a fit for the Bears from Chicago Tribune

Jets can't afford to pass on Cutler from NY Daily News

Bucs to consider Cutler from the Tampa Bay OnLine

Lions from Bleacher Report

and then,

Carmelo to Cutler: Cool it, it's just business

Melo is right. Cutler sounds like Jeff friggin' Garcia to me. Didn't we just get rid of a drama queen?

It's a dreadful trade. Quinn could easily be much better than Cutler over the long haul and Rogers is worth a slot that would get us B.J. Raji, which is Top 10.

Here is my point...

Haynesworth just signed a contract for QB money. I am not sure that Big Baby is more than a step behind him in value. So, with that said Big Baby is worth a top 10 pick like you said.

Then you are talking about Quinn for a 2nd or 3rd rounder...and he is about to enter into a system that rumor has it is set up for a QB just like him...and he is exactly the kind of cerebral player that Mangini supposedly likes...and a team player.

What it all comes down to is this...why create more drama?

If you want to trade DA or BQ...fine...just not for a whiney QB from another club. Get a piece for the TEAM!

If you are going to trade Big Baby...fine...just don't throw him away without getting either a player or a pick to fill the hole you are creating.

This trade doesn't necessarily upgrade our QB position...and it DEFINITELY weakens our DL.

Seems Grossi agrees with me:

Cleveland Browns are popular in NFL rumor mill

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Tuesday March 03, 2009, 11:49 AM

The upside of a management team cloaked in secrecy is it begets rumors. And they are certainly flying around the Browns.

One rumor has the Browns trading Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers to Denver for Jay Cutler and a third-round draft choice.

Another has the Browns dealing Braylon Edwards to the New York Giants for pass rusher Mathias Kiwanuka.

Let's analyze each rumor.

Denver is in a quandary after word leaked out that new coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassell in a three-way deal with New England and Tampa Bay. (Cutler would have wound up with the Buccaneers.) Now that the toothpaste is out of the tube, the Broncos may figure they have to part ways with Cutler.

McDaniels was schooled on offense in New England by Charlie Weis, who then coached Quinn at Notre Dame. So Quinn should appeal to him. McDaniels also needs a stout nose tackle to anchor new coordinator Mike Nolan's 3-4 defense. That's where the newly disgruntled Rogers comes in.

The problem with this rumor is the Browns get shortchanged. Cutler is kind of an upgraded version of Derek Anderson -- rocket arm, inconsistent, not a great field general. Also, dealing Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of Eric Mangini's defense -- one that 2008 draft pick Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling. Rogers' inclusion in this trade should command Denver's No. 1 in return.

Trading Rogers would be tantamount to greasing the squeaky wheel, of course, and might create a line of players looking for greener pastures outside GM George Kokinis' door. In front would be Edwards, which leads us to the second rumor.

The Giants need to replace problem player Plaxico Burress with another big, physical receiver. They also have an embarrassing surplus of pass rushers after signing free agents Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty. Kiwanuka is a 6-5, 265-pound end who would line up at outside linebacker on the side opposite Kamerion Wimbley.

The problem with this trade is it leaves the Browns with virtually no playmakers on offense, Kellen Winslow already having been traded.

The net result would be replacing Quinn, Rogers and Edwards with Cutler, Kiwanuka and a high Denver draft choice.

There would be salary cap ramifications for all parties involved. But we'll let the capologists figure them out. Never let the salary cap get in the way of a juicy trade rumor.

Just not likely.

Funny, most of the fans really thought Quinn had potential to be a great player, and a great command of the huddle. I would be a bit surprised if Mangina saw none of that, and then watched footage of DA, right afterwards, and could honestly say he wasn't impressed by Quinn at all.

Mangina isn't an idiot, and wants to run an offense that fits Quinn's abilities. It's a smokescreen, IMO.

Yes, it is smokescreen and Mangini has said absolutely nothing about either Quinn or Anderson. The only thing he has said is if both are on the team when camp starts they may compete for the job. Asked about Anderson, he said they continue to review all options. He has never said or indicated that he wasn't sold on Quinn and the fortress at Berea is has no leaks.

So, you hit the nail on the head, all this crap about him not sold on BQ is media spin because he indicated that they could compte for the job this spring. What did they expect him to say, "Anderson is a bum and we want to dump him, any takers".

I can't believe how some here fall all over these BS rumors. Rogers isn't going anywhere and Mangini would punch Cutler in his big mouth the first day. No chance "Mr. Ego" will end up in Cleveland. The guys a headcase, even Shanahan butted heads with him often.

It's a dreadful trade. Quinn could easily be much better than Cutler over the long haul and Rogers is worth a slot that would get us B.J. Raji, which is Top 10.

Hell, Anderson might be as accurate as Cutler. Mr. Personality won't be coming anywhere near Cleveland. Mangini would drop him in Lake Erie with cement boots on. This jackass used to get in Shanahan's face.

Archived