THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn and Rogers to Denver?

Can we lock this lame and over-the-top thread? I'm sure we've got other things to actually talk about...

Screw you Phil for conditioning us to think FA is meant to sign all the top tier players and by not making a giant splash on day one we're doing it wrong!

I hold belichick responsible he engineered his teams FA grabs in a way that took them to the superbowl and since then everyone has tried unsuccessfully to duplicate it..these guys gotta learn they arent billyboy! ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hold belichick responsible he engineered his teams FA grabs in a way that took them to the superbowl and since then everyone has tried unsuccessfully to duplicate it..these guys gotta learn they arent billyboy! ;)

Ah but you're wrong. You build a team to play as a team. It rarely works out that you buy high profile FAs to take you to the next level. Bill used Free Agency to solidify his roster BUT BUILT THROUGH THE DRAFT. Success comes from a well build team...not a group of expensive FAs. Miami and Atlanta figured it out last year. To win in the NFL you MUST have a long term game plan. Today's NFL is win now. However, that approach general gets you a losing season. Build to improve and build through the draft...filling in the smaller pieces in FA without breaking the bank.

Ah but you're wrong. You build a team to play as a team. It rarely works out that you buy high profile FAs to take you to the next level. Bill used Free Agency to solidify his roster BUT BUILT THROUGH THE DRAFT. Success comes from a well build team...not a group of expensive FAs. Miami and Atlanta figured it out last year. To win in the NFL you MUST have a long term game plan. Today's NFL is win now. However, that approach general gets you a losing season. Build to improve and build through the draft...filling in the smaller pieces in FA without breaking the bank.

Exactly he engineered his fa picks to fit..others seem to think he just grabbed the best of the best and when they try they fail over and over..hehehe

Mankok is doing it right lets just hope we reap the rewards of patience...;)

I dont look at kokinis as a newbie GM i see him as a legit upgrade to GM he was prepared and ready for the leap..

But this rumor about a cutler trade has finally been factually discredited...

I feel for your donkeys man we here on this board know all to well about newbie coaches and flamboyant newbie GMs that seem to think they can buy/build a consistant winner from FA your owner screwed up getting rid of shanahan you guys got andra davis from us and most of us would tell you he is mediocre at best and has downright blind vision as its not uncommon for him to not see a RB blazing right past him yet he somehow still grabs the guy and gets dragged 5 yards before bringing him down..maybe he will play better with coaching and better front 7 support then he had here..;)

For the most part im anticipating a welcome change in brownstown our new regime seems to be doing what it must do to secure the longterm success of the cleveland browns..we havent seen this kind of discipline around here in many years..

LOL you didn't see the Broncos last year, Rogers alone could have pushed our front 7 back 10 yards. Yeah, theres some guys on my board hyped over the "leadership" Davis brings, personally I don't think we need that kind of leadership, our guys already know how to miss tackles and hit like 12 year old school girls in a pillow fight. Your front office looks solid, I would like them to finally put a bullet in the whole QB controversy thing, but other than that a solid B+ so far.

As for you Legacy and the Hochuli well wishing, make sure your goal posts are straight, Karlis once told me "You never know what could be considered in when it's not". :P

SI has reported rumors of DA and Quinn to Denver for exchange of Culter. I'm not in favor of sending both, but I'd send Quinn in a heart beat. Cutler is the kind of QB I love to watch on Sundays, and DA would fit into his style of play perfect if Cutler went down with injury.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ler?eref=fromSI

Not more of this shit. This rumor has already been beat to death and proved to be absolutely false.

Denver has already said keebler elf ah hmm cutler isnt going anywhere this rumor is dead...:)

But you cant blame the oversized hobbit for being mad at McDaniels..

We have a pro bowl qb in DA and cutler is no better then DA he has a better WR group than DA has had by far..

We have an unknown but extremely promising prospect in BQ possibly another pro bowl qb but if we dont get some consistant and motivated hands on our team its not going to matter who is our qb is they are going to look bad statwise...

Why would komang trade both these guys or one of these guys and rogers for a hobbit?

That would be a bad deal and they arent that stupid..

Greenbay also said they wouldn't release Favre, look what happened there?

What offense doesn't cutler fit? Last time I checked in football, every offense had a QB behind center who threw the ball to his TE's, RB's, and WRs. Which part of that does Culter not fit?

I'm not saying this is 100% true, but its possible, Rumors start somewhere correct?

quinn has hardly had a chance to play and I would like to see what he has, he's great in the pocket

for you guys arguing he never throws a long ball, you have to understand that was when he finally had a chance to play, he was obviously playing conservative on purpose. if he actually plays at least 4 games starting from the beginning of the season with good results, im sure he'll start throwing more long balls if he deems it safe.

why are we worrying about the QB situation, when clearly, there are many more voids that need to be filled on the browns.

If running an offense was as simple as putting players at certain positions, like you seem to think, every QB would be successful. Players fit into a system and that system is designed to operate the offense. Cutler is a deep armed/gunslinging type. Exactly what Mangini DOES NOT WANT...see Brett Favre last year. Cutler is a Favre type QB (not comparing them as players...just styles). Quinn is a Brady type player. He fits the syystem and what Mangini has stated he wants to run...

Things we know or consider to be true:

----------------------------------------------

>> Rogers a bit unhappy with ManGenie

>> Rogers is an expensive but valuable player in 3-4. (what defense does Rob play ? If it is 4-3 then maybe they could be thinking otherwise)

>> Cutler is not happy with the way things went there.

>> Cutler Is more proven to be better than DA and BQ.

so, while It is a rumor ... it sounds more like a true-mor!

Greenbay also said they wouldn't release Favre, look what happened there?

What offense doesn't cutler fit? Last time I checked in football, every offense had a QB behind center who threw the ball to his TE's, RB's, and WRs. Which part of that does Culter not fit?

I'm not saying this is 100% true, but its possible, Rumors start somewhere correct?

they DIDN'T release him...they TRADED him...so they didn't lie.

Here is the thing about the Cutler rumor.

The Denver FO really screwed the pooch on this one. They didn't get the job done...and now they need to save face. They came out and now have said that Cutler isn't going anywhere...no hedging. If they then trade him...they will have lost the players and the fans.

They CAN'T trade him now.

Things we know or consider to be true:

----------------------------------------------

>> Rogers a bit unhappy with ManGenie

>> Rogers is an expensive but valuable player in 3-4. (what defense does Rob play ? If it is 4-3 then maybe they could be thinking otherwise)

>> Cutler is not happy with the way things went there.

>> Cutler Is more proven to be better than DA and BQ.

so, while It is a rumor ... it sounds more like a true-mor!

1. We have already had the announcement that we will CONTINUE with the 3-4 (making a great NT essential)

2. Cutler is proven to be better than DA...but we have nothing to go by on BQ...so that is just pure speculation on your part

3. McDaniels, the new HC in Denver, has stated point blank that Cutler is going nowhere

If McDaniels and the Broncos back out of that statement...the new FO will have ALREADY lost face with the players and the fans...and may as well start looking for another job right now. There is NO WAY the Bronco fans/players will accept either DA or BQ in his place at this time...with one shown to be less...and the other an unknown...and getting a NT isn't going to placate them.

if this actually happens, this will be awful btw and I will absolutely condemn it

you guys seem to forget brady quinn grew up as a browns fan, why would you trade someone who for once, loves playing for this team? the CLEVELAND BROWNS

you can't just trade away a guy who has heart and passion in his game, he loves being here. I would join in on the "FIRE MANGINI, FIRE KOKINIS" or if it's just "FIRE MANKOK" chants at the games if this happens

there is so much upside to brady quinn, he is young, very accurate thrower... he will play great if he actually starts next season.

Why is my topic combined? My topic has nothing to do w/ Rogers going to Denver, but Quinn & Anderson, or one of them atleast.

Do the powers at be not want to see any more news of Quinn being shopped?

It's still the same basic rumor. Cutler to Cleveland. Regardless of the combinations.

Not only the powers to be, most of the posters are tired of this ridiculous rumor as well.

It needs to die a quick death.

debunk mine.

Its known fact, teams inquire to other teams about trades all the time. Ever player has a price.

Pretty sure you just debunked yourself...

It's still the same basic rumor. Cutler to Cleveland. Regardless of the combinations.

Not only the powers to be, most of the posters are tired of this ridiculous rumor as well.

It needs to die a quick death.

Besides, Mangini would throw the crybaby Cutler in Lake Erie with cement boots. The guy whines like a little bitch about everything. Even Shanahan wanted to dump him. So, even though the trade rumor is absolutely stupid, Cutler to Cleveland is a bigger joke. I think McDaniel now realizes that nobody wants to put up with Cutler's act, he's stuck with him. He could of got Cassel, but nobody want Cutler.

Archived