YEAR TEAM G REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST

2003 WAS 6 5 48 9.6 20 0 3 1 0

2004 WAS 14 8 70 8.8 23 4 6 0 0

2005 WAS 15 18 131 7.3 29 1 8 0 0

2006 BUF 16 23 233 10.1 33 3 13 0 0

2007 BUF 16 25 248 9.9 28 3 10 2 2

2008 BUF 15 33 351 10.6 30 1 14 2 2

Career 82 112 1081 9.7 33 12 54 5 4

Seems to have a good work ethic and nice size may be injury prone but tough..cant find much on him..

CBSSports.com

Bills to release TE Royal: Veteran tight end Robert Royal expects to be released by the Buffalo Bills on Thursday as part of the team's plan to free up salary-cap space, according to his agent. Signed by the Bills in free agency in 2006, Royal was scheduled to make just under $3 million over the final two years of his contract. Despite being nagged by injuries last season, the seven-year NFL veteran finished with career-highs in catches (33) and yards receiving (351) and scored one touchdown in 15 games, including seven starts.

(Updated 02/26/2009).

Fantasy Analysis

Royal has never been even a decent stat producer, so Fantasy owners can continue to view him as nothing more than a one-week replacement off the waiver wire in the deepest of leagues.

(Updated 02/26/2009).

No information available at this time.

Royal expects to be released by Buffalo on Thursday.

02/26/2009

Advice

Royal's agent, Rick Smith, said the Bills were going to cut his client. Signed by the Bills in free agency in 2006, Royal was scheduled to make just under $3 million over the final two years of his contract. Despite being nagged by injuries last season, the seven-year NFL veteran finished with career-highs in catches (33) and yards receiving (351) and scored one touchdown in 15 games, including seven starts.

Bills to release TE Royal: Veteran tight end Robert Royal expects to be released by the Buffalo Bills on Thursday as part of the team's plan to free up salary-cap space, according to his agent. Signed by the Bills in free agency in 2006, Royal was scheduled to make just under $3 million over the final two years of his contract. Despite being nagged by injuries last season, the seven-year NFL veteran finished with career-highs in catches (33) and yards receiving (351) and scored one touchdown in 15 games, including seven starts.

(Updated 02/26/2009).

I'm from Rochester, about an hour east of buffalo.. so I hear and see everything about the bills.. royal blows big time. He is in NO WAY an upgrade over dinkins.. should have kept dinkins if they were going to do this. at least dinkins is decent on special teams. or they should have kept winslow! i personally would have kept winslow for at least one more year.

I'm from Rochester, about an hour east of buffalo.. so I hear and see everything about the bills.. royal blows big time. He is in NO WAY an upgrade over dinkins.. should have kept dinkins if they were going to do this. at least dinkins is decent on special teams. or they should have kept winslow! i personally would have kept winslow for at least one more year.

Winslow's body is breaking down and he wanted a long term contract. If you saw Dinkins as much as us you would want Royal over him also. Dinkins is fair at best on special teams and blocking, which used to be his strength, has deteriated in the last year. He wasn't worth keeping as a 3rd TE and you don't pay mega bucks in a long term contract for a guy that has severly bad knees and a bad shoulder. He speed was so hampered by his injuries that he had 7 offensive interference calls to try to get some separation from DBs.

Winslow's body is breaking down and he wanted a long term contract. If you saw Dinkins as much as us you would want Royal over him also. Dinkins is fair at best on special teams and blocking, which used to be his strength, has deteriated in the last year. He wasn't worth keeping as a 3rd TE and you don't pay mega bucks in a long term contract for a guy that has severly bad knees and a bad shoulder. He speed was so hampered by his injuries that he had 7 offensive interference calls to try to get some separation from DBs.

Dinkins stinkins he got old fast in cleveland...honestly i would take almost anyone over dinkins..and even though winslow had great hands he had began his decline and wanted more money because he knows his playing days are limited in the end it was a great move by mankok..

What could have been if kw2 hadnt had that motorcycle wreck..:(

Dinkins stinkins he got old fast in cleveland...honestly i would take almost anyone over dinkins..and even though winslow had great hands he had began his decline and wanted more money because he knows his playing days are limited in the end it was a great move by mankok..

What could have been if kw2 hadnt had that motorcycle wreck..:(

I think he might have been as good as his old man.

Dinkins is a decent player but mistake prone. He gets too many ST's penalties and will drop one at any given time. His hands are there but he lacks concentration.

He's sort of a tease and it's probably best to move on without him. Hell, the last two camps they had pretty good TE's they cut.

Have you ever really watched Dinkens on special teams? I don't know how many flags he got this year on special teams.

If Rucker would've stayed healthy he would've been gone last year.

Archived