THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Jones

Rooster Dick

Guy has been with the Lions most of his career. I always liked the way he ran... very hard and had the elusiveness to avoid tacklers.

Had an ACL injury in 06' and Forte kept him on the bench last season with the Bears.

Given a decent line to run behind, he's quick to the hole, and can make plays happen. I seriously think he is someone we could match with Harrison. Could get him pretty cheap as well.

He's been known to carry the rock 20+ times a game. I've always been a big fan, what do you guys think?

Edit: forgot to add he's only 26yrs old....

We need to rebuild.......this was a good story three years ago..........we stink now................NOT TIME for reemerge projects...........

draft a promising RB in the first two

Ther will be some very good RBs available in round 2. Brown, Greene and later round, Jennings.

What I like about this organization is they seem committed to building their core players through the draft. I'm tired of other peopls cast offs and guys on the back side of the hill.

Guy has been with the Lions most of his career. I always liked the way he ran... very hard and had the elusiveness to avoid tacklers.

Had an ACL injury in 06' and Forte kept him on the bench last season with the Bears.

Given a decent line to run behind, he's quick to the hole, and can make plays happen. I seriously think he is someone we could match with Harrison. Could get him pretty cheap as well.

He's been known to carry the rock 20+ times a game. I've always been a big fan, what do you guys think?

Edit: forgot to add he's only 26yrs old....

I'd take him, drop lewis, and add a rb in first(moreno) or second...add name here_________

We have Harrison and Jamal. I think everyone on this board agrees on dropping Jamal. I'm with you guys on drafting a back in the second. But why not make another cheap addition to add some depth to the roster? What if the rookie doesn't pan out? What if Harrison can't carry the load? We know Jamal is dead weight.

If Jones isn't looking for much, I see no reason we should pass on a possible STUD RB. If he played for the Chargers, he might have been as successful as LT. I'm just telling you all that this guy has some serious skill

Guest Aloysius

He tore the ACL late in '07; he suffered the dreaded Lisfranc injury in '06.

Suffice it to say, durability is a concern with Jones. Because of that, he'd be best suited in a RBBC system.

He's a good receiver out of the backfield, but that's a role Harrison already fills for us.

People act like these guys are too good to pass on. Jones is a back with good skills and experience.

he's also got a massive injury history that precludes him from being on the field most of the time, whereas guys like jennings, greene and brown don't have that same concern. they've got skill and health on their side, and experience will come with time.

i think jennings is too good to pass on. whoever gets him will be getting one hell of a back.

why wait? we've got a high second and a mid second this year, and jennings might be around for us to pick when we use the mid second. he can get some seasoning as a rookie (which he'll need after coming from a small school) in a RBBC with harrison and lewis if mankok doesn't cut him, and then he can be ready to be the primary back in a rotation the next year.

running backs are the most disposable position in the game. it makes almost no sense to use a high first-round pick on one when we not only have a ton of holes to plug but also because their shelf life is so short. the era of the stud RB is over. guys just can't take that kind of punishment and stay healthy for a season.

the combination of next year's safety crop, which is like this year's LB crop (read: epic), and pool's contract being up makes it a distinct possibility that we go safety in the first next year.

last, who's your two-year FA solution? who's out there that can actually help our offense? here's a link to a list of FA RBs. there are some updates missing: ward's with tampa, sproles is staying in SD, and benson is with cinci. dunn's too old, mccallister and green are too old and always injured, and the rest of the guys are either old or useless scrubs.

we should draft a RB this year because 1) we need a new RB, 2) there are solid RBs projected to be available in the second, and, 3) there aren't any other options.

our situation is one of need matching opportunity. what more reason do you need to draft someone instead of waiting?

I wouldn't burn a draft pick on any back this year. I'm not sure why there isn't many fans out there that thinks James Harrison couldn't be the starting tailback. I love the kid. I don't buy that "He's too small" stuff. There have been other great backs his size. Barry Sanders for one. Keep both Harrison and Lewis. Give Harrison 70% of the carries.

I'd much rather draft a RB next year then if Harrison doesn't work out....This is a rebuilding year, yes? Go with what you have because next years draft is going to have a lot of talent. No big names that will go in the top ten but it's deep.

My favorite is next year's version of Jennings. James Starks of Buffalo. 6'2" and 215.

There are THREE USC RB's coming out next year. McNight and Gable and Johnson. All three are big backs.

Spiller, Dwyer, Best, Royster,Blount, Murray....A lot of talent in the 2010 class.

Next year you could go lower and get a more talented back. The Browns know what's coming in 2010. They won't draft a back this year.

Archived