THE BROWNS BOARD

Kurt Warner Signed w/Arizona

WPB Dawg Fan

Well, the Kurt Warner saga is over:

WARNER GETS $19 MILLION GUARANTEED

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 2:18 p.m.

Though the Cardinals didn’t move much on their total package, they opted to dramatically increase the guaranteed money.

Per Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, Warner will receive a $15 million signing bonus and a $4 million base salary in 2009, making his practical guarantee $19 million.

The salary for 2010 is only (only?) $4 million.

That leaves SF still among the teams looking for a QB....and possible trade partners with the Browns.

TB (although I don't think they have the picks necessary now that they traded us their 2nd rounder)

SF - not sure they are interested...but they DO need somebody

NYJ - yes...they are still in need...and yes they have the ammo to do it

Minn - They were in the running for a couple of guys already...so not buying the 'we like Sage or Tavaris' lines

Chi - they are still actively looking

St.L - Bulger may be only one more year

Det - Still not buying them going QB at #1 with Stafford being little more than an inexperienced JR and similar to DA

Keep in mind...we may still trade BQ if we can get more value and think DA can revert to early '07 form or land another starter for a period. This team is in rebuild mode and there is nothing to say they like either QB.

Well, the Kurt Warner saga is over:

That leaves SF still among the teams looking for a QB....and possible trade partners with the Browns.

TB (although I don't think they have the picks necessary now that they traded us their 2nd rounder)

SF - not sure they are interested...but they DO need somebody

NYJ - yes...they are still in need...and yes they have the ammo to do it

Minn - They were in the running for a couple of guys already...so not buying the 'we like Sage or Tavaris' lines

Chi - they are still actively looking

St.L - Bulger may be only one more year

Det - Still not buying them going QB at #1 with Stafford being little more than an inexperienced JR and similar to DA

Keep in mind...we may still trade BQ if we can get more value and think DA can revert to early '07 form or land another starter for a period. This team is in rebuild mode and there is nothing to say they like either QB.

I think if TB is the team you would see some sort of trade restructure to bump it to a 1st if we include DA. Sorta like what Denver did with Vrable / Cassel.

I think if TB is the team you would see some sort of trade restructure to bump it to a 1st if we include DA. Sorta like what Denver did with Vrable / Cassel.

I would hope that would include adding a 3rd or later round pick. If we give them back their 2nd then we're basically trading DA and KII for the 19th pick. Well, maybe I do that, but I don't think I would.

I would hope that would include adding a 3rd or later round pick. If we give them back their 2nd then we're basically trading DA and KII for the 19th pick. Well, maybe I do that, but I don't think I would.

Maybe they can throw in Nugent?

Archived