THE BROWNS BOARD

T.O. released

Thomas5737

Not really Browns related, but if we were looking to trade Edwards this would hurt our chances. You could pick up the #2 drops leader in the NFL instead of trading for #1. Older, and more of a headache but probably better production unless Edwards gets out of his funk.

RAIDERS WILL PICK HIM UP...NO DOUBT! Giants might be that arrogant but I doubt it. marvin Harrison to the Boys...wait for it.....ALSO....do you think Jerry Jones would give up next year's #1 for Braylon???LOL Trade BE to Dallas and take Crabtree #1

Please God... don't let the market be so weak for this guy that the Steelers are tempted to sign him to some tiny ass 2 year deal... I could see Mike Tomlin getting along with TO and pulling the best out of him...

I wonder... what team is arrogant enough to sign Owens, knowing that they will be the team to finally change him?

Arrogant = Dan Snyder

Redskins are leader in the clubhouse.

Zombo

--but I expect him to get religion ad go back home to 49ers and Singletery.

my vote goes to the saints. they have a qb who can throw to anyone and do well in any offense. no matter who he signs with, he shouldn't be given a contract longer than 2 years. anyone who signs him to anything longer than that should be drug out back and shot.

my vote goes to the saints. they have a qb who can throw to anyone and do well in any offense. no matter who he signs with, he shouldn't be given a contract longer than 2 years. anyone who signs him to anything longer than that should be drug out back and shot.

Saints have roddy white, they arent interested in TO.

Well, count the Browns out:

BROWNS ARE OUT OF THE T.O. CHASE

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2009, 1:08 p.m.

And another one joins the “we don’t want T.O.” parade.

The latest team to join the Anti-T.O. list, per our own John Taylor of CFT, is the Cleveland Browns.

J.T. also writes for The Orange and Brown Report, and regularly covers the Browns.

Yahooo!!!

Saints have roddy white, they arent interested in TO.

the Falcons have Roddy White.

But the Saints STILL wouldn't be interested. :)

Guest 88fingerslewy
wow
my thoughts exactly....never saw that one coming. Maybe one of our guys will crank 'em good when we play them this year.

Guest Aloysius

You know, when I'm looking for a head coach who can handle TO, I immediately think of Dick Jauron :P

I was planning on giving Jeremy Maclin to Buffalo in my mock draft, but this probably changes that. Linebacker seems to be a more likely choice. DE & TE are two other possibilities.

That's a baffling move for all involved. When I think of TO, I think of a guy who needs, at this point in his career, to latch on to a team that has a shot at winning--kind of like Randy Moss. Do the Bills still have Dick Jauron? Checkmate. And why would the Bills--who have a reasonably young starter--sign a known QB-killer and locker room cancer like Owens? Who is going to put him in his place in the locker room--Trent Edwards? Marshawn Lynch?

Terrible move. The Patriots are a team that might be able to make an Owens deal work for them. Maybe the Giants. That's about it.

Dennis

let's hope, since the bills are on our schedule, that the game against them is either in the first two to four, while marshawn lynch is suspended, or in the last four to six, when the team will have completely imploded. if we get them in the middle eight, when there's still a chance that things will go well for them, when it looks like they might have a shot at the playoffs, and when owens is still somewhat in his 'good terrell' mode, they'll likely tear us to shreds. we don't have the secondary to hang with owens and evans.

@ riffer: nice use of 'corps' instead of the phonetic 'core.' it's nice to know there's someone else out there who uses the right one.

I find this signing rather Ironic only because when I think of Marv Levy and Dick Jauron..."OLD SCHOOL" comes to mind in general philosophy in how football operations is done and...played...Or Marv is drinking from the same water well as Al Davis...It makes absolutely noooo sense....I just cant see Levy wanting to deal with a head case of Owens' Ilk....

Archived