THE BROWNS BOARD

Nov 6, 2008

Mr. T

Obama Recession in Full Swing, Nov 6, 2008

The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street. They need some certainty, and now everybody in the Drive-By, "We don't know who Obama is." We got a story from Jennifer Loven, the Associated Press today: we don't know who Obama is. All of a sudden now on Charlie Rose, they're starting to talk about his ties to Saul Alinsky. I'm not joking at all. It's all coming up on the program. We've also got a Reuters story, here's the headline: "Will Democrats Tinker With Mutual Funds, 401k Plans?" So now they do the story after the election. And they get it right and they tell you what the Democrats plan to do with your 401(k) is, confirming what I told you, a bunch of people did, prior to the election.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down 780 points since Obama won the election, and he hasn't passed anything yet. The seas have not parted; the sea levels have not declined. And guess what we learned today? Vladimir Putin wants to return as the president of Russia. Now, let me give you this in a football analogy. Putin returning to power is like a successful head coach coming out of retirement after learning the schedule for the next four years will be a cakewalk. Imagine Chuck Noll of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Vladimir Putin now becomes Chuck Noll, who has been retired from the Steelers for a long time. Chuck Noll learns that his team will have a series of all home games for the next four years, and the teams he's going to play are the Detroit Lions, the Oakland Raiders, and the Kansas City Chiefs. He's going to be playing the patsies in the league. They talk about putting missiles in Europe yesterday aimed at Poland. Now today the KGB comes back, Putin wants power. This stuff is not coincidental, ladies and gentlemen. I actually think the Obama campaign likes this economic chaos, just as they did during the campaign. The more economic chaos there is the greater opportunity for expanded government.

By the way, the news media today, they're spinning for this. They're spinning all over the place, what is it, Chris Cuomo today on Good Morning America, (paraphrasing) "This market drop had nothing to do with Obama. This market drop is because of bad economic news." I even saw, I'm not sure where because I was hustling here this morning, there's some news agency that reported that Obama is not facing a sinking economy. He's not facing a sinking economy. That's exactly right. He's causing it! He is causing the sinking economy.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5107.guest.html

The Dow dropped over 486 from 9,139.27 points on November 5, 2008

yesterday March 4th 2009 it closed with a slight high on the day but we are at 6875.84

Just alone on November 5th and 6th, 2008, the dow dropped 10% on the News we elected a anti-capatalist liberal.

And in just 5 weeks we have had 2 large spending bills 787 bi.l and yesterdays free money for he people of 410 bil.

When does the 1.75 Trillion dollar budget go into bring the dow to 0? The whitehouse and the democrats are going to spending the nation into bankruptcy.

Obama Recession in Full Swing, Nov 6, 2008

The Dow dropped over 486 from 9,139.27 points on November 5, 2008

yesterday March 4th 2009 it closed with a slight high on the day but we are at 6875.84

Just alone on November 5th and 6th, 2008, the dow dropped 10% on the News we elected a anti-capatalist liberal.

And in just 5 weeks we have had 2 large spending bills 787 bi.l and yesterdays free money for he people of 410 bil.

When does the 1.75 Trillion dollar budget go into bring the dow to 0? The whitehouse and the democrats are going to spending the nation into bankruptcy.

Ahhh the sour grapes. No one is denying that the market has tanked. But to say Obama made this happen is nieve. This would of happened if McCain was in office. The housing market was ruined when Clinton deregulated it some 12 years ago. And yes when it was a Republican congress. We can whine like children all day, but when someone like you or Limburger come up with a solution, then we'll have a grown up discussion. Ok (with a pat on the head).

Ahhh the sour grapes. No one is denying that the market has tanked. But to say Obama made this happen is nieve. This would of happened if McCain was in office. The housing market was ruined when Clinton deregulated it some 12 years ago. And yes when it was a Republican congress. We can whine like children all day, but when someone like you or Limburger come up with a solution, then we'll have a grown up discussion. Ok (with a pat on the head).

Do you believe John McCain would have come to office with a similar economic agenda?

Do you think John McCain would have an overwhelming lead in both houses giving him Carte Blance do make whatever sweeping changes he wanted?

How much of the problem is due to or related to the US and world negative reaction to the obama plan?

0% to 100%?

Feel free to begin your response with a silly insult but then how about an answer?

Fair?

WSS

Do you believe John McCain would have come to office with a similar economic agenda?

Do you think John McCain would have an overwhelming lead in both houses giving him Carte Blance do make whatever sweeping changes he wanted?

WSS

Agreed you are right on this. But would he of had to do this to keep the economy afloat? I guess I would say would he of had to put together a spending bill similar to Obama's and Bush's to keep us afloat?

Agreed you are right on this. But would he of had to do this to keep the economy afloat? I guess I would say would he of had to put together a spending bill similar to Obama's and Bush's to keep us afloat?

Quite possibly.

Actually (though I don't know exactly how it differs) there's also a largely ignored Republican stimulus plan.

However (and you know how government works) there's not much chance that ANY McCain plan would see the light of day with the current lopsideed ratio in the houses.

So it's kinda moot.

But I'd guess that if the plan were to drastically cut cap gains and corporate tax the markets here and abroad would have responded MUCH better.

WSS

Guest Aloysius

Cutting cap gains taxes might be a wise long-term measure, but I'm not sure how stimulative it would be when people are suffering massive losses. The markets may have responded favorably to it, but they also responded favorably to Geithner's confirmation...

The payroll tax holiday idea makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure it's politically workable.

It's really hard to say what a President McCain would have done, but I have a hard time believing he would have exuded competence on this stuff; he certainly didn't do so during the campaign.

Quite possibly.

However (and you know how government works) there's not much chance that ANY McCain plan would see the light of day with the current lopsideed ratio in the houses.

WSS

This has been my point all along. People sticking up for a political party just because their parents did (this is a blanket statement, should NOT be taken literally). That's not the case all the time, but people in Congress are ruining this country. Arguing among themselves while we are suffering. It's sort of like getting beat as a child and then beating your kids. People on this board are doing the same thing as in Congress, arguing a moot point because of the party the are affiliated with.

Everyone, Republican, Democrat, black, white, whatever, xxxxed this country up. What is done is done, Obama spent all this money, so be it. Quit whining, put your work boots on and find a job.

Cutting cap gains taxes might be a wise long-term measure, but I'm not sure how stimulative it would be when people are suffering

Most of Obama's plan is supposedly lokg term.

And will make things worse long term. IMO

massive losses. The markets may have responded favorably to it, but they also responded favorably to Geithner's confirmation...

Until ......

The payroll tax holiday idea makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure it's politically workable.

It's really hard to say what a President McCain would have done, but I have a hard time believing he would have exuded competence on this stuff; he certainly didn't do so during the campaign.

Nope.

Nor has Obama where it counts.

I don't give a rats ass how college kids Palistinians and Po people are dancing in the street.

WSS

It is scary Mr T.

I have heard of many seniors complaining that their retirement savings sucked dry out of their 401k's. My mother inlaw has lost as much as 70% from hers alone and may have to go get a part time job now. I feel sorry for them even though I warned them to move into something safer. after all these years of working and saving to retire and to see it disappear like that bothers me. But they did vote for Obama. :lol: I will quote my father inlaw I always vote Democrat I am a democrat and always have been. Sucker!

Shoot I think Im going to switch parties so I can vote in the democratic primaries :lol: Even though Im conservative.

I have heard of many seniors complaining that their retirement savings sucked dry out of their 401k's. My mother inlaw has lost as much as 70% from hers alone and may have to go get a part time job now. I feel sorry for them even though I warned them to move into something safer. after all these years of working and saving to retire and to see it disappear like that bothers me. But they did vote for Obama. :lol: I will quote my father inlaw I always vote Democrat I am a democrat and always have been. Sucker!

Shoot I think Im going to switch parties so I can vote in the democratic primaries :lol: Even though Im conservative.

It was going good, but you had to throw it in. Try this, your next 10 comments try not to blame someone like a child and tell me how you really feel.

It was going good, but you had to throw it in. Try this, your next 10 comments try not to blame someone like a child and tell me how you really feel.

You never heard of Sarcasm before?

Here how is this? You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Nov 21, 2008 Incoming Obama Administration Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

Its the era of doom and gloom.

You never heard of Sarcasm before?

Here how is this? You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Nov 21, 2008 Incoming Obama Administration Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

Its the era of doom and gloom.

I guess you could of said this about 9/11.

If you hate America so much why dont you just leave. move to France. Im sure some little frenchie will hold your hand.

LOL, when did I say that? Is this Toby Keith? I was commenting on your comment, and how sanonymous it was with the events of 9/11. Calm down there buddy.

MR. T says "Hey Chump, I pity the fool who jumps down someones throat because the can't understand what the other person was writing and then throws in the I HATE America rhetoric because the words 9/11 trigger a Pavlovian response that conditioned you through the media."

Do you think Mr T has ever pittied a sentence that long?

Come on MR T. Even a dolt like you thought that was funny.

MrT2.gif

LOL, when did I say that? Is this Toby Keith? I was commenting on your comment, and how sanonymous it was with the events of 9/11. Calm down there buddy.

MR. T says "Hey Chump, I pity the fool who jumps down someones throat because the can't understand what the other person was writing and then throws in the I HATE America rhetoric because the words 9/11 trigger a Pavlovian response that conditioned you through the media."

Do you think Mr T has ever pittied a sentence that long?

Come on MR T. Even a dolt like you thought that was funny.

MrT2.gif

Wrong T, .... but my horses could use some beer.

If you hate America so much why dont you just leave. move to France. Im sure some little frenchie will hold your hand.

so a valid point is met with an accusation of hating america?

medicine does taste bad.....

Archived