THE BROWNS BOARD

Get Roy Williams - and FAST

Chicopee John

Spend the money. The guy is only 28.

He's so bad in coverage that they take him out on passing downs. He has been exposed in the last two years and although he can still hit, he isn't a complete safety expecially for our team that will be playing a cover two most of the time.

Think about why Dallas would release him instead of at least trying to get something in return for him. Also, he wants way too much for his skills. Please don't tell me he used to be a pro bowler, because he isn't anymore.

Mankok most likely wouldnt even begin to consider williams...they are being real careful about the few offers they are making..im thinking they will be more active recruiting in the late round FA and also before,during and after roster cuts with waiver acquisitions...cost efficient and they will know exactly what holes need plugged at that point..

We need someone to intimidate receivers from running through the middle on us like they did all year last year, he doesnt need to be great in coverage, just make sure no one gets behind him when hes not in the box and make big hits when receivers catch balls in front of him. Most safetys are safetys because there not great in coverage.

While I'm not debating the merits of considering Roy Williams per se, the title of this thread may be the only time I've ever seen Roy's name and the word fast in the same sentence.

-jj

Only guy on the board with more thanks than posts :)

We need someone to intimidate receivers from running through the middle on us like they did all year last year, he doesnt need to be great in coverage, just make sure no one gets behind him when hes not in the box and make big hits when receivers catch balls in front of him. Most safetys are safetys because there not great in coverage.

Forget Williams, please.

There will be a great opportunity to pick the top SS in the draft in the second round. The reason they are trying to accumulate more draft picks is so they can build this team through the draft instead of grabbing overpaid unachieving FAs.

I agree with passing on Williams. It's no coincidence that his level of play has steadily decreased since the league stepped in and said that you're not allowed to horsecollar guys. Great rule, terrible news for a guy who needs to break receivers' legs in order to slow them down enough for him to cover them.

Dennis

Archived