THE BROWNS BOARD

K2 Trade

T.Soprano

Does anybody have any thoughts as to when we find out what we actually got for K2, I have never seen details on a trade left undisclosed for so long.

I know the speculation is a second and a fourth or fifth. But nothing yet!

2nd rounder this year #50 and a 5th rounder next year.

first of all, where did you hear this? secondly, winslow was traded? why didn't anyone report it?

I posted this on the "are we stuck with DA" thread yesterday but no one had a opinion on it. Why else haven't they disclosed the draft picks yet?

The Patriots traded Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs for undisclosed draft pick then 2 days later added Matt Cassel to the trade for a 2nd.

Just throwing this out there but I havent seen anywere where we oficially disclosed what draft picks we got, so maybe theres a chance we allready have a deal in place to send DA to tampa with the Winslow trade for 1st, and 3rd or maybe 2nd and 3rd, or whatever the combination be. They just have to wait till the 16th or whenever it is we have to pay his bonus. What do ya think :unsure:

I posted this on the "are we stuck with DA" thread yesterday but no one had a opinion on it. Why else haven't they disclosed the draft picks yet?

The Patriots traded Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs for undisclosed draft pick then 2 days later added Matt Cassel to the trade for a 2nd.

Just throwing this out there but I havent seen anywere where we oficially disclosed what draft picks we got, so maybe theres a chance we allready have a deal in place to send DA to tampa with the Winslow trade for 1st, and 3rd or maybe 2nd and 3rd, or whatever the combination be. They just have to wait till the 16th or whenever it is we have to pay his bonus. What do ya think :unsure:

I was wondering the same thing; but is there a rule where we'd have to wait til the 16th to pay it. If we didn't have to wait then I'm wondering why we did?

I take it that no one has a clue as to whether or not the Browns can pay the bonus early. If they could and that would've made the KII trade for the 1st/2nd or 1st/3rd you think they would've done that.

not really sure, I think If they could there wouldnt be all this talk by reporters saying interest will pick up after the bonus is paid, or maybe Teams just wait till the last minute to pay it cause theres always a chance a player can do something stupid and you can get out of paying it. ex. Kellen Winslows motorcycle accident

It's funny because you hear many saying CLE won't be able to trade him until after they pay the bonus. Stating that teams know we won't cut him so why not wait until we've taken that 5 mil out of the deal. Then, you hear some people recently saying that once CLE pays his bonus they won't trade him.

Difference of opinion I guess...I still think he's gone after we cough up the bucks.

• 1 month later...
K2 signed 6 year 36 million dollar deal with 20 million signing bonus with tampa bay

sounds like the solja just wanted more $$$.

So much for loving Cleveland and his teammates.

He was all about the benjamins all along.

Starting with when he begged Antonio Gates to sit out the Pro Bowl so he'd get a bid.

Starting with when he begged Antonio Gates to sit out the Pro Bowl so he'd get a bid.

Congrats on a post not mentioning a qb.

PFT reports on KW's new deal:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/06/...eyebrow-raiser/

Though the deal contains no bonus money, Winslow will receive more than $20 million guaranteed cash.

Let’s put this in perspective: The guy’s knee is being held together by duct tape and bubble gum.

And yet the full $20 million in guaranteed money is guaranteed even if the duct tape and bubble gum come undone and can’t be put back in place.

For a Tampa Bay team that has been throwing dimes around lick discuses of late, the decision to pump so much cash into the pockets of a player with an extensive history of injuries is puzzling.

Come on now Peaches, don't go gittin all worked up cuz KII said it the way it is about making Queen the starter.

Damn, what will you do if Fraley comes out of the closet for Queen?

Winslow is a hell of a football player, could have been great had he not gotten hurt then gotten stupid, I appreciated him for his fire, and for what he did for us. However with that being said, he is not worth this contract and I am glad it was not us that gave it to him.

Had he never gotten hurt and stupid, like he did I doubt I would have any problem giving him that kind of money.

Guest Aloysius

Looking more and more like a good trade. Not at all a smart move to give Winslow Corey Williams money. Also not a smart move: giving Corey Williams Corey Williams money.

Good to see the new FO isn't repeating Savage's mistakes.

Looking more and more like a good trade. Not at all a smart move to give Winslow Corey Williams money. Also not a smart move: giving Corey Williams Corey Williams money.

Good to see the new FO isn't repeating Savage's mistakes.

I agree, a guy that is one hit away from the end of his career. Gee, I wonder why he wanted all the money up front.

Archived