THE BROWNS BOARD

Leftovers

Solon16

Look James Harrison Undrafted fa, cut many times, because he didn't FIT into the size you want at 3-4 outside linebacker... the argument then becomes....he was coached up....well , coach em up! it's the same argument...you have to WANT it...I think Petersen WANTS it! Can't place a meter on heart!

was he 33?

was he 33?

No....but he was also Cut... you can argue all you want...I say Petersen will be a good LB in this league for 2 to 3 more years. Maybe not in a 3-4 but I like good linebackers and we only have a decent one on our roster on the inside....the other is still unknown....thanks rac!

Guest Aloysius

It's really a moot point, given that Peterson's poor character doesn't make him a good fit for us. I doubt ManKok would consider signing him, even if he could play 3-4 ILB.

It's really a moot point, given that Peterson's poor character doesn't make him a good fit for us. I doubt ManKok would consider signing him, even if he could play 3-4 ILB.

I' like the Barton,bowens combo....We need Will Allen as well.

Guest Dacaddyman
Hell I'll take derrick Brooks for that matter. Give me petersen and Brooks both as ILB's in a 3-4 and I'd be happy as a clam... :P

Why did u leave Junior Seau out? :P

Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.

Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.

IMO with bell,hall,dqj,wimbley,mcancient,griffin,halloway and likely orakpo we dont have a pressing need at LB inside or out especially another older guy whos best days are way behind him..(see willie above)we should be ok here with the acquisition of an impact LB assuming hall works out and bell could certainly fit the mangini mold..

IMO with bell,hall,dqj,wimbley,mcancient,griffin,halloway and likely orakpo we dont have a pressing need at LB inside or out especially another older guy whos best days are way behind him..(see willie above)we should be ok here with the acquisition of an impact LB assuming hall works out and bell could certainly fit the mangini mold..

That certainly is alot of ifs.......if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle :lol:

Guest Dacaddyman
Hell I'll take derrick Brooks for that matter. Give me petersen and Brooks both as ILB's in a 3-4 and I'd be happy as a clam... :P

For me.....to poop on!triumph01.jpg

Guest Dacaddyman
you obviously know your linebackers :rolleyes:

I am guessing we will be getting a bunch of young linebackers in the draft so I see no reason to sign a 14 year vet that people said was too small even for a 4-3 scheme. Brooks is good but I will take my chances with our draft picks. As far as leadership, McGinest hasn't announced his retirement yet.

look you are missin my point....Give me Brooks and Petersen and we totally upgrade our defense...it sure isn't long term. my point was I don't care what scheme put those two next to each other and we stop the run GASHES against our defense. Orakpo and wimbley on the edge with hall and maybe barwin....I'll take it.

There are three different arguements within that sentence. not yours alone....it aint happening but I'd take it

Archived