THE BROWNS BOARD

safeties

Solon16

I'd like to draft Delmas or Rashad Johnson and keep adams.....does anyone know anything on sean jones??? freaky quiet on his free agency! Will Allen is still out there and about same status as Jones....wonder if those two are waiting for the other to sign to play off each's contract???

probably keep Jones if he was able to hang with us at the same price or a small raise .

He made well over $4 million last year with his roster bonus. I'd like him back if he'd take a pay cut. I believe he was told to go ahead and test the market so his value would be determined.

Adams just re-signed with the Browns. Great move by Mangini...he clearly likes his versatility and heart like most of us.

Alex Marvez, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have re-signed unrestricted free-agent FS Mike Adams to a three-year deal, according to a source. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Also heard that CJ Mosley is close to a deal with us too!

Everybody got a woody over Adams last year because Cousin sucked so bad that Adams the safety actually played nickel/slot over him. He's nothing but total average and another puss tackler.

Does anybody remember the Buffalo/Denver games? Dude was a complete bitch when it came to hitting someone.

I'll take it as a signing of depth and nothing more. This guy should never start on an NFL team that is decent.

did Adams sign with the pats?

Cleveland Browns re-sign safety Mike Adams

by Mary Kay Cabot / Plain Dealer Reporter

Thursday March 05, 2009, 8:47 PM

The Browns re-signed safety Mike Adams to a three-year deal Thursday, his agent Peter Schaffer said. A source said it's a $4.1 million deal.

Adams had also visited the Packers and Patriots.

Originally signed by the Browns as a free agent in April 2007, Adams started five games for the Browns last season and played in 14.

With fellow free-agent safety Sean Jones visiting the Eagles tomorrow, Adams becomes a leading candidate for a starting safety job. Last season, he started the opener in place of Brodney Pool (concussion) and the next four games in place of Jones, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.

He finished the season with 42 tackles, two interceptions and one fumble recovery.

Adams (5-11, 195), is a sixth-year pro who was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by San Francisco in 2004 out of Delaware. Adams, also a key special teams player, finished second on the team in 2007 with 18 special teams tackles.

I really like this signing . I think he's a playah

Adams is a good special teams player and a decent backup FS. He is not a SS. I like the fact that we have depth because of Pools concussion problems.

Now it is time to look to the draft for a thumper to play SS. Let Jones walk.

Adams is a good special teams player and a decent backup FS. He is not a SS. I like the fact that we have depth because of Pools concussion problems.

Now it is time to look to the draft for a thumper to play SS. Let Jones walk.

I really like Delmas...at 50

Well he stepped in and played decent when it counted. not a starter but when you look at what we have at Safety, I'm glad we got 1 backup. Hope we can get Butler as well.

Actually 2 with Brodney back there.

Problem is we don't have better so Mr P starts.

Mark my words the Eagles are going to sign Jones and find their next pro bowl safety for the next 8 years while we have the great Mike Adams to start in Cleveland. All the while keeping Jamaal Lewis at his 6.5 mill clip and other useless sh!t bags like Donte Stallworthless! Mangini has done absolutely nothing to make this team better. In fact, we are far worse than we were as a 4-12 team last year. He better spin some great magic on draft day because my opinion of this regime since trading K2 has gone to sh!t. And If they trade Braylon like everyone wants I'll probable choose to do something else on Sunday then watch football next season.

Sorry, I had to vent...

Guest Aloysius

The Browns were one of 25 teams that sent representatives to Delmas's pro day. At this point, it looks like we'll be lucky is he's still on the board at #36.

We need to take all the injury prone players and all the players that have sand in thier vaginas and ship them out. Dead weight doesn't win games.

YES.... I love it!

Thats what I think about some of the FA we are picking up, but i'm staying tight lipped and positive!

The Browns were one of 25 teams that sent representatives to Delmas's pro day. At this point, it looks like we'll be lucky is he's still on the board at #36.

ALOY< will allen still out there in FA...what do you think of him???

Guest Aloysius

Don't know much about either Will Allen. But if you're talking about the former Buckeye, he re-signed with the Bucs. The other one, who starts at corner for the Dolphins, is signed through 2009.

Here's some footage of Delmas against Nebraska:

Impressive footage. Good speed, good angles, good tackler, good job at coming up to stop the run. His man to man coverage skills don't look like they equate with that of a CB, but he looks like a damn good center fielder. He does a nice job of reading the field.

It's too bad that he won't be there when we pick at #36.

-Al

The Browns are scheduling Chip Vaughn to come in for a personal workout.

The Browns are scheduling Chip Vaughn to come in for a personal workout.

I wish Vaughn was just a bit more athletic and fluid, but he may be the type of "enforcer" SS that Kokingina is looking for. I'd say he has a 2nd to 3rd round grade, so we'll have to wheel and deal if we don't grab him in the 2nd.

-Al

I wish Vaughn was just a bit more athletic and fluid, but he may be the type of "enforcer" SS that Kokingina is looking for. I'd say he has a 2nd to 3rd round grade, so we'll have to wheel and deal if we don't grab him in the 2nd.

-Al

I think they believe they will have more picks by the time the draft comes. They also still have the offer for Elam that hasn't been matched yet. Now, he isn't what you want to build your team around but he is a solid special teamer and a decent SS.

Archived