THE BROWNS BOARD

Getting OFF the Schnied!!!!!!!!!!!

rich4eagle

REnaming the DaGWE pound  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Lets rename the Dawg Pound to be useful

• DAWG POUND
    • TOUCHDOWN BROWNS TOWN

The BROWNS in the glory years were based on offense and rubber band defense and the dawg pound is the fantasy of the losing years

So my recommendation is to shit can the dawg pound all together and make that end zone crowd TOUCHDOWN BROWNS TOWN

Winning does require TD's

Since we scored zero TD's in the last six games,...............who needs to win...............making a fool of ourselves is a better option

considering the last couple superbowl winners were defensive teams id stick with the dawg pound

how off base can you be.................the Super Bowl winners were mostly offensive teams and Super Bowl winners have averaged more than 30 points per Super Bowl........but you keep believing dumb fantasies aboout defense winning super bowls........it is just the opposite

I think the Cardinals offense and then the Steelers Offense drove the length of the field this year

OOPS DEFENSE .........how to funny

Bah rich we arent going to have any offense this year so im stickin with Dawg Pound...Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof! ;)

This is not a one year thing. The Browns were the "Greatest Show in Football" and it was offense baby offense when we won those championships. Somehow we last our way and now dedicated to losing gracefully instead of winning with offense at crunch time

have it your way gips.................I would rather lose lighting up the scoreboard than being shut out every week

how off base can you be.................the Super Bowl winners were mostly offensive teams and Super Bowl winners have averaged more than 30 points per Super Bowl........but you keep believing dumb fantasies aboout defense winning super bowls........it is just the opposite

I think the Cardinals offense and then the Steelers Offense drove the length of the field this year

OOPS DEFENSE .........how to funny

yeah how'd they get there buddy

Scoring TD's when behind.................how does D score when the team is losing at crunch time???????????????

did I have an imaginatory illusion in period four of this years bowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,oops my bad those points from offenses never occurred

BTW.......defeat my numbers that Super Bowl winners have averaged more than 30 points per game for all 43 Bowls...........so much for defense in winning the Bowl

Scoring TD's when behind.................how does D score when the team is losing at crunch time???????????????

did I have an imaginotory illusing in period four of this years bowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,oops my bad those points from offenses never occurred

no it was actually james harrisons int for a touchdown that won that game. Go back and refresh your mind

Read my last again and read who scored how much in period four............and read again what the average points for the winners in the Super Bowl

hopefully someday you will provide numbers for me to defeat my premise............I think not

So the Cardinals offense that carried the team all year and presented the comback against Philly and the Steelers was irrrelevant ................

OK you are correct .................scoring when behind is not an issue...........and scoring all year behind an awful D is not an issue'

but your sage bullshit is perfect

BTW, I think it was the Steeler offense that scored and won six games at end game this year.............whoopee .......who cares our O got shut out the last six games we lost despite great D

Read my last again and read who scored how much in period four............and read again what the average points for the winners in the Super Bowl

hopefully someday you will provide numbers for me to defeat my premise............I think not

scoring 30 points in a superbowl game has nothing to do with getting there

scoring 30 points in a superbowl game has nothing to do with getting there

Right and playing defense the first sixteen games has nothing to do with winning any of em................

Touche........score more points you win...........

Offense baby

Right and playing defense the first sixteen games has nothing to do with winning any of em................

Offense baby

you gotta get there to win it, and if it wasnt for the steelers int return and defensive stop during Arizona's last drive they wouldnt have won Deffense baby

So if ben went tits up from his ten yard line ....................what you just said was irrelevant????????????

or would they still have won or sumtim

Look I do not argue Defense is of crucial importance..............but the bottom line proven over and over

Is offense wins championships despite the bullshit rhetoric of the opposite

So if ben went tits up from his ten yard line ....................what you just said was irrelevant????????????

or would they still have won or sumtim

Look I do not argue Defense is of crucial importance..............but the bottom line proven over and over

Is offense wins championships despite the bullshit rhetoric of the opposite

if ben went tits up from the ten ----- what is that supposed to mean

I'm all for some upgrades on offense Ichy Ich, but the funny thing about the above quote is that it proves nothing regarding your premise.

Make sure the other team scores less points and you win also.

The most important thing to remember is that having a good offense and having a good defense are not mutually exclusive events. You need to build a team with balance - not just plan on trying to win track meets because you have neglected your defense. That may work in college because of serious talent gaps, but it just leaves you vulnerable in the NFL when playing teams that can put up points right with you. Just ask the Colts. As many points as they've been scoring for the past decade, they should have at least 3 or 4 rings by your logic.

Oh, and one other point...

Trent FCUKING Dilfer.

Touche.

Just goes to show that Browns fans are dumber ( this thread proves my point about dumbness.....Inspecta someday maybe hopefully Browns fans will get an epiphany and unplug from dark up there) than the mismanagement for the last nearly forty years. The Browns won 8 League Championships the last in 1964

All of those teams featured high powered offense as the principal weapon

As Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does"...................Brownstown went stupid. Even when the pound was created during the Marty years it was the Offense lead by Kosar and Mack and Byner and Slaughter and Langhorne and Brennan that won the games. I think it was the D that allowed Denver to drive 95 yards and beat us in the drive game. And I think it was the D that did not show up in the fumble game when we scored 33 and lost. And in those cardiac years it was all Sipe and the overachieving that lead the glory.

In the forties and early fifties it was Automatic Otto and the boys lighting it up

In the Sixties is was Dr. Frank Ryan then Bill Nelson and Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly and Paul Warfield and Gary Collins lighting it up

and since NO OFFENSE AND SHIT RESULTS except for the five years below

For the matter please somebody tell a single team that went anywhere in this franchise forever that was lead by defense. The answer will be deafining silence. Cause their was none. So far here it is clear the fans are remaining stupid....let's hope Kokinski and Mangini have a better idea .............cause the losing is getting ridiculous now!

And Zomblow you can be head cheerleader of being stupid and as usual wrong about most everything...........

Rich gets it always has .................so do the Steelers and then we numbnuts herd of Brownies doing dumb continually

Mangini be smarter................

I defy tangible retort with statistical data .......mz the pussy get off your drunken ass and defeat this

One final thought Touchdown Browns Town was just off the top..........for no better.............Of course in the heyday................."Presenting the Greatest Show in Football" worked huge and then we went to shittiest show in football and dawg masks......saluting losing is so cool

As Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does"...................Brownstown went stupid. Even when the pound was created during the Marty years it was the Offense lead by Kosar and Mack and Byner and Slaughter and Langhorne and Brennan that won the games. I think it was the D that allowed Denver to drive 95 yards and beat us in the drive game. And I think it was the D that did not show up in the fumble game when we scored 33 and lost. And in those cardiac years it was all Sipe and the overachieving that lead the glory.

Your own statement proves that Defense wins Championships

Close vote so far...

Zombo

Gee I wonder who that one single vote was LOL?

Rich you have got to be the most pissed off Browns fan I have ever came across... and to be totaly honest I thought you were a stoller fan when I first joined this site :ph34r: You are a browns fan, right?

But what is going to be the mascot a dog or a flipin elf.

Dog = Vicious, mean , rabid.

Elf = Well how gay is an elf mascot anyway ND, Boston Celtics, Yeah real intimdation factor coming from the stands there.

And lets not even get started on how dated our uniforms have come. I think alot of players pass this team up just cause of the plainness factor. :unsure:

Rich you have got to be the most pissed off Browns fan I have ever came across... and to be totaly honest I thought you were a stoller fan when I first joined this site :ph34r: You are a browns fan, right?

Elf = Well how gay is an elf mascot anyway ND, Boston Celtics, Yeah real intimdation factor coming from the stands there.

And lets not even get started on how dated our uniforms have come. I think alot of players pass this team up just cause of the plainness factor. :unsure:

Excuse me which part of the losing do you adore...................and which part of the winning do I WANT BACK......being dumb and supporting more of the same

NOT ME

Sorry my friend which of stupid losing have I endorsed over the years...........NONE......meanwhile the last two posts are more extreme let's be real dumb more of the same...........

LOSING IS US.............I REJECT THAT........... but wait loser brownstown wants to embellish all YOU LOSERS JUST WANT TO KEEP DOING IT>...........................DAWG POUND DUMB AS A BRICK FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS GOING STRONG

When you get it someday.............WE can again become "The Greatest Show in Football" until then we remain the NFL CLOWns

I READ THE POSTS ON WHOM TO DRAFT AND OF ALL ONLY ONE OFFENSIVE PLAYER WAS MENTIONED AND THAT WAS BECAUSE HE CAUGHT ONE PASS.............GET IT BROWNSTOWN...........OR LOVE THE LOSING

ANBODY GOT GUTS TO BACK ME OR IS ALL OF BROWNSTOWN GUTLESS COWARDS

Sorry my friend I intended a different meaning ..............you decide which meaning is important

This thread has merely presented some facts

FACT ONE...........when the Browns were the awe of football...............They were called the "Greatest show if football" and that was because of their offense

FACT TWO...............when the Browns won the NFL CHAMPIONSHIP on an offense Based Team "All the World was Brownstown"

FACT THREE..................The Browns have never won shit ever but for offense ..........including the Cardiac Kids and the Bernie and the Gang

FACT FOUR............THE BROWNS NEVER WON SHIT EVER BASED ON DEFENSE AND I DEFY ANYONE TO SHOW ME THE BIG TIME THAT DEFENSE GOT THEM ANYWHERE............

FACT FIVE.............BROWNS FANS LIVE IN DENIAL AND THIS THREAD PROVES IT......AND THAT IN ITSELF PROVES HOW DUMB IT HAS BECOME.........NO DISREPECT JUST TELLING THE TRUTH......LIVE IN DENIAL AND LOSE AND LOVE IN DENYING WHAT MAKES WINNERS AND WIN

CASE CLOSED BROWNS FANS IN GENERAL AS PROVEN BY THIS THREAD JUST LOVE SUCKING HIND TIT AND LOSING

ANBODY GOT GUTS TO BACK ME OR IS ALL OF BROWNSTOWN GUTLESS COWARDS

You cant make stuff like this up.... its got me in tears laughing.

Rich I'll bet you are a blast to hang out with though, I'm being 100% serious.

But yeah you can count me out i'm sticking with the pound.

I READ THE POSTS ON WHOM TO DRAFT AND OF ALL ONLY ONE OFFENSIVE PLAYER WAS MENTIONED AND THAT WAS BECAUSE HE CAUGHT ONE PASS.............GET IT BROWNSTOWN...........OR LOVE THE LOSING

Crabtree might be the only offensive player worth considering with the #5 pick...might be...

Even so, we still can't plod a bunch of nobodies out on defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do believe that pass rushers and CBs are important, don't you? I think I've seen you mention in your posts that those positions are important ones.

Do you have any thoughts on which particular player the Browns should draft at #5? Crabtree? Moreno? Wells? Sanchez? Harvin? Maclin?

-Al

The BROWNS in the glory years were based on offense and rubber band defense and the dawg pound is the fantasy of the losing years

So my recommendation is to shit can the dawg pound all together and make that end zone crowd TOUCHDOWN BROWNS TOWN

Winning does require TD's

As a matter of course, no matter how solid the idea, if Rich suggests it, I'll vote against it.

Archived