THE BROWNS BOARD

Dwyane Wade, MVP?

DTBH

They were just saying on 1st and 10 that Dwyane Wade was politicking for MVP after he was asked a question about it.

First of all, I don't like it by Wade. I think it shows his ego because the right thing to say would have been "it doesn't matter what I do as long as the team wins." I do and always have thought that Wade has a gigantic ego and is incredibly image-conscious. I think every move he makes is calculated to make himself look good. It's just annoying to me.

Secondly, I don't think he deserves MVP. He has played well ... but I don't care. When LeBron was putting up numbers not seen since Jordan or Robertson, no one cared because there were so many better teams in the NBA. Well now Wade can bite that bullet.

Thirdly, I actually don't think Wade's team is that bad. They don't have a ton of veteran presence on the team, but what they do have is a ton of athletic talent. Chalmers, Beasley are two of the best rookies out there. Udonis Haslem is one of the better blue collar big men in the NBA. Jermaine O'Neal is a talented big man when he's healthy and Jamario Moon is one of the high-flyers in the NBA. Cook recently proved he's one of the top NBA three point shooters. It's not an amazing supporting cast, but Wade's not exactly performing miracles having them at the 5th seed hovering just above .500.

Just wondering what you guys think about the MVP race, where Wade stands, and how he has played this year.

They were just saying on 1st and 10 that Dwyane Wade was politicking for MVP after he was asked a question about it.

First of all, I don't like it by Wade. I think it shows his ego because the right thing to say would have been "it doesn't matter what I do as long as the team wins." I do and always have thought that Wade has a gigantic ego and is incredibly image-conscious. I think every move he makes is calculated to make himself look good. It's just annoying to me.

Secondly, I don't think he deserves MVP. He has played well ... but I don't care. When LeBron was putting up numbers not seen since Jordan or Robertson, no one cared because there were so many better teams in the NBA. Well now Wade can bite that bullet.

Thirdly, I actually don't think Wade's team is that bad. They don't have a ton of veteran presence on the team, but what they do have is a ton of athletic talent. Chalmers, Beasley are two of the best rookies out there. Udonis Haslem is one of the better blue collar big men in the NBA. Jermaine O'Neal is a talented big man when he's healthy and Jamario Moon is one of the high-flyers in the NBA. Cook recently proved he's one of the top NBA three point shooters. It's not an amazing supporting cast, but Wade's not exactly performing miracles having them at the 5th seed hovering just above .500.

Just wondering what you guys think about the MVP race, where Wade stands, and how he has played this year.

Wade just made it a legit argument tonight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009030914

Lebron is still MVP ... but I hope they meet up in Round 2 of the playoffs, it will be fireworks.

The question is ... has there ever been three better offensive forces at the peak of their game in the history of the NBA than Kobe, Lebron and Wade right now? I don't remember three better players at the top of their game in the league at once.

Zombo

Yeah... it really is incredible.

In terms of just pure scoring ability and atheletic ability, it might be Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, and Wade. And three of them are playing at the same time.

Archived