THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you ever consider...

franchisedotcom

Trading up to get back into the first round.

The Browns have both the #36 and #50 spot in round two.

#36 has value 540 & #50 has value 400 according to the NFL draft-pick value chart.

This would allow the Browns to trade both 2nd round picks to move up around spots 16-18.

But for a little extra thrown in the Browns could move back up into the 11-13 range.

There are a lot of good players to be had in the top 20 this year.

But what are some possible teams to trade down with the Browns?

Bills @ #11..?

Philly @ #21..?

Somewhere in that range.

Trading up to get back into the first round.

The Browns have both the #36 and #50 spot in round two.

#36 has value 540 & #50 has value 400 according to the NFL draft-pick value chart.

This would allow the Browns to trade both 2nd round picks to move up around spots 16-18.

But for a little extra thrown in the Browns could move back up into the 11-13 range.

There are a lot of good players to be had in the top 20 this year.

But what are some possible teams to trade down with the Browns?

Bills @ #11..?

Philly @ #21..?

Somewhere in that range.

wouldn't do it, to many holes to fill

Stay or move we are in pretty good shape another trade or two and we are likely to be" the talk of the draft" if mankok makes the right moves.. theres going to be a lot of excellent talent left through the 2nd and most of the 3rd rounds so i kinda favor staying put and trading for more 2nd rounders and cleaning up there

The picture isnt complete yet and our new regime will keep us and everyone else guessing which road they will take i cant help but to think we arent going to see any fancy moves from this regime unless we are extreme benifactors for it..im guessing we stay put and build from second round picks.;)

Jenkins is the top in this draft and would have been the top in last years draft as well...

The drop off from Jenkins is deep.

Although, CB last year was much better than this years class.

I disagree. Vernon Davis' little brother may be better than Jenkins.

Watch out for Donald Washington flying up the boards, he tore up the combine and flew under the radar of Jenkins at OSU. Jenkins simply is not justifiable with his speed as a shut down corner. When you're already being projected as a safety that's not someone team's are going to pull the trigger on IMO. He will drop.

Jenkins is the top in this draft and would have been the top in last years draft as well...

The drop off from Jenkins is deep.

Although, CB last year was much better than this years class.

I know the combine isn't everything but at the combine Jenkins wasn't performing better than everyone else. Hell he wasn't even one of the more impressing corners. Alphonso Smith and Vontae Davis looked much better and IMO there isn't a substantial drop off after Jenkins because he may not even be the best corner in the draft.

I wouldn't do it. Look at Jacksonville last year. They gave up everything to get Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves, and both guys struggled to find the field and without any other rookie help they really set themselves back a year or two.

Alternatively, the Cheifs had about 12 picks last year and signed a bunch of nobodies so who knows which situation is better.

I couldn't say never, it all depends upon who is there. If there is someone you consider a perennial all pro who has slipped for whatever reason I would seriously consider it. I would trade two players that I expect to be good for one I expect to be great. But, considering it will be your first draft it had better be a good decision

I would not do it for a couple reasons.

A. Money: the cost of first rounders is huge and there is a big expectation/bust factor ......

B. Getting to camp ontime: it is much easier getting second rounders into camp on time than first rounders.....

C. This is a very deep draft at many position.. and we have many holes.. if we can get 3 picks in the top 2 rounds.. smile smile smile......

D+ if we move DA (possible) for a 2nd or 3rd.. do a little dance with 4 picks in 3 rounds..>>>>

F++ If we move Braylon (highly doubtful IMO).. we get at LEAST a second rounder... Then don't just smile smile smile ..do the happy dance and smile.. I could imagine the ripple effect of a monster draft for years to come if we draft well with a handful of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders. I still believe Braylon can be everything we thought he was the day we drafted him.. It is amazing how opinions of him dropped after last year.. the year before... guys on the board were pissed he did not make the pro bowl. This guy is a stud... don't trade him.. resign him long term.

Some years I would. This year I wouldn't.

There aren't many elite players in this draft.

The strength in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounders because there isn't that much of a drop off from many of them after the top 6-7 players are taken..

Depending on how the draft goes, if there is a player the Browns WANT, then I would be happy if the Browns traded DA, to switch their first 2nd

with a late round first.

But, trading out of the #5 spot, if that were available to do, would be huge - the Browns need extra high picks this year.

Trading picks to move up in the first is just plain wrong.

Archived