THE BROWNS BOARD

Rashad Jennings - poll

calfoxwc

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rashad Jennings catching the NFL's eyes

• Jennings has worked his way into the first round.
    • He's still small school, still a second rounder.
    • Who knows, in this draft....

@ mills: i was talking about lewis when he was a raven, when he had the quickness and explosion that made him a great back. he never had chris johnson speed; he was never a 4.25 guy, but he could bowl over a safety or corner and not get caught from behind. what makes most power backs great is nimble feet and great vision, both of which lewis had to complement his speed and power.

lewis is losing his power as well as his speed. his legs don't have the drive that they once did, so he can't create the momentum that he once used to bowl guys over. he lost all of what once made him effective, not just one part of it. he's not even a power back anymore, he's ron dayne or broken shaun alexander.

@ playground: i was using the times from fftoolbox, which they copied from the NFL network's official combine coverage. though jennings has had faster times, they're on different surfaces. i used the combine times because all players are on the same surface, so it's a uniform indicator.

i'm not really doubting that jennings will be a productive back, i'm just pointing out that, with the opportunity to show he's fast on an even playing field, jennings showed that he and greene have similar long speed.

He averaged 61 yards a game his career with the ravens against the steelers, If he had to face the ravens D to it probably wouldn't have been much better

So whats the official time of his FIRST 40? Becuase theres numerous websites that cite Rashad a 4.49 in his first run and 4.62 in his second.

i've got a single time for him at fftoolbox. where do you have the multiple times? i found it by doing a google search for "nfl combine official results," but i'd love to have another set of official data.

@ mills: it's possible that lewis wouldn't have had great games against the ravens, but they're an elite defense. to get 61 ypg on someone's career against the steelers on a team where they're the only offensive weapon isn't a terrible stat, it's more an indictment of the teams inability to throw the ball to loosen up the defense.

i've got a single time for him at fftoolbox. where do you have the multiple times? i found it by doing a google search for "nfl combine official results," but i'd love to have another set of official data.

@ mills: it's possible that lewis wouldn't have had great games against the ravens, but they're an elite defense. to get 61 ypg on someone's career against the steelers on a team where they're the only offensive weapon isn't a terrible stat, it's more an indictment of the teams inability to throw the ball to loosen up the defense.

he didnt have a problem gashing the Browns for 200 and 300 yard games with the same passing game. My point is against physical defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore, power running backs are not as productive as shifty scat backs and we have to face the top 2 defenses 4 times a year.

he didnt have a problem gashing the Browns for 200 and 300 yard games with the same passing game. My point is against physical defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore, power running backs are not as productive as shifty scat backs and we have to face the top 2 defenses 4 times a year.

While we certainly need a power back, we also need that 210 - 215 pound speedster to slash between the Tackles. We might have the speedster in Harrison, but I don't think Lewis fits any one of those categories anymore.

-Al

no RB is traditionally productive against pittsburgh and baltimore, regardless of their power or speed. the ravens have/had a 20-odd game streak of not allowing a hundred yard rusher, and the steelers didn't allow one at all this season, so it's hard to argue that a faster back would have success against either defenses, either.

While we certainly need a power back, we also need that 210 - 215 pound speedster to slash between the Tackles. We might have the speedster in Harrison, but I don't think Lewis fits any one of those categories anymore.

-Al

I'm of the belief that size is being greatly overrated anymore when it comes to backs. Give me a guy who can slice through a hole quickly while not leaving a lot to hit and keeping his pads low. Our line is good enough for that, which is another reason I'm so tired of Lewis, he sucks as a short yardage back. The hole closes before he gets there or he doesn't cut where the hole is, plus he runs completely upright and leaves his entiree body open to be hit. He's just not big or bad enough to run like that.

I can't believe sometimes the coaches in this league haven't caught onto this. How many shorter in stature backs have kicked ass in this league? How many tall, big dudes have?

It's not rocket science, Lewis needs to go. He will whine and bitch if he doesn't get the bulk of the carries also, he thinks he is the team.

Archived