THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Off Season since our return

This has been the best off season since the return of the Browns.

Winslow trade was addition by subtraction. Signing a real blocking Tight End is going to pay benifits come November and December.

Adding no big-name, high priced malcontents from other teams means we are building a real Cleveland Browns team. I love the fact that we said "not interested" in TO from the start.

It may take a few years, but once we have players that can develop a personality that will define what Cleveland football is all about, the wins will come.

Of course, it doesn't seem to come natural to the organization, but it's a start in the right direction. (in my opinion)

I agree.

This is the real way to build a team and an organization. Very slowly but very surely. It may suck for a few years, but that team is going to fight their asses off every Sunday.

We may suck for a while but theres no way we suck as bad as last year we should at least see major progress throughout the year and see a rejuvinated motivated and more disciplined team and coordinators from game one..instead of the usual slow starting unprofessional undisciplined unprepared mess we have seen every first game for the past 4 years...;)

Well I'm glad that the fanbase appears to be patient with this new regime here in March, let's see how long we are patient once the season starts and we start sucking.

But that might not happen. I actually like how we're going about things, we've made some very quiet thoughtful moves, and I doubt we are going to be on ANYBODY'S radar come august which is right where I like us. I knew we were doomed when guys like Don Banks and Peter King were talking about us as potential dark horse Super Bowl candidates last year. It was the kiss of death.

This year with a relatively weaker schedule we could sneak up on quite a few teams. Remember the Dolphins went from 1-15 to playoffs and we went from 4-12 to 10-6, so I one year turnaround is not out of the question, despite what some around here say we do have some good talent on this team and with the right draft picks we could do something this year.

Its always possible we could do some damage this year with the type of progressive schemes mangini will be using based on each opponents weaknesses instead of the crennel/savage one plan fits all approach..

But this will likely be a learning season with many stopgap players that wont be around in a year or two so we could go 2-14 but as long as im seeing heart and the determination to hang tuff and not quit in the 3rd quarter i will consider that progress..

I think most of us just want a well coached good hard working tough as nails team and a FO with the teams best interests always in mind and thats something that we can be proud of win or lose and we have to get there before we can or will see the browns go to another championship...it could be a rough 1-3 years but who knows maybe it wont be! ;)

I think mankok is going to bring lerner ,the city of cleveland and the fans what we want its just a matter of time...:)

Well I'm glad that the fanbase appears to be patient with this new regime here in March, let's see how long we are patient once the season starts and we start sucking.

LOL, very true. I cannot imagine the entire fan base being happy as we plod along and wait for the next draft. But, with a couple of more free agents and three good picks we might be ok.

This has been the best off season since the return of the Browns.

Winslow trade was addition by subtraction. Signing a real blocking Tight End is going to pay benifits come November and December.

Adding no big-name, high priced malcontents from other teams means we are building a real Cleveland Browns team. I love the fact that we said "not interested" in TO from the start.

It may take a few years, but once we have players that can develop a personality that will define what Cleveland football is all about, the wins will come.

Of course, it doesn't seem to come natural to the organization, but it's a start in the right direction. (in my opinion)

Excellent points. I was really getting tired of seeing a starter go down & having NO viable backup. IMHO, the Browns are now concentrating on building a team through a Coach & GM who are on the same page & who both WANT to be in Cleveland. Top that off with the fact that they are both relatively young men & I think the future looks very bright.

Mike

Great points. I think we'll have a 500. season. I feel alot better with this regime than i did the past 10 years. It's just a good feeling knowing that we have people in the front office that actually KNOW what they're doing. none of this rookie HC crap or GM and Hc not getting along

Great points. I think we'll have a 500. season. I feel alot better with this regime than i did the past 10 years. It's just a good feeling knowing that we have people in the front office that actually KNOW what they're doing. none of this rookie HC crap or GM and Hc not getting along

I agree. I'm just glad we're not going into '09 with the hot college coach of the moment and a pile of hyped FA's. Would much rather have a pile of draft picks.

My minimum goal every year is to be at least 6-6 at week 12 as this is when everyone kicks into high gear with playoff talk. Its a huge deal to be in the hunt. I'm not upset every year the Browns don't win the Super Bowl. As Tom Hamilton pointed out after the Tribe lost game 7, you can't not come back the following year because you didn't win it all. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for years of dissappointment.

So, I'd take .500, especially if its at week 12 and we're in the conversation. ND's offense rallied around Quinn and he made players better around him (none of his WR's are in the league anymore, yet yet he set 30+ QB records). He's what the team needs and it could happen in '09.

St. Patrick's Day soon. Just ordered my Quinn shirt for the festivities. Wanted DA, but couldn't find one. :lol:

p5732879reg.jpg

Archived