THE BROWNS BOARD

Barton visits the Browns

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Actually, it sounds like he already visited:

Cleveland Browns still talking to New York Jets' free agents

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

CLEVELAND -- While the Browns continue negotiating with one New York Jet free agent, they have begun talking with yet another.

The agent for linebacker David Bowens said he and the Browns are still talking, but there's nothing new to report.

Eric Barton, another Jets linebacker, also has met with the Browns. Barton, 30, led the Jets in tackles last year. He started 46 of 48 games in three years under former Jets coach Eric Mangini.

Meanwhile, the Browns have hired Neil Gulkis as director of public relations.

Gulkis spent the last 12 years with the Miami Dolphins. Prior to that, he worked nine years with the New Orleans Saints.

Gulkis will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Browns public relations department.

The Browns previously laid off two members of their PR department, Ken Mather and Amy Palcic.

All these old jets guys are better then what we have at present not counting several guys we have but havent seen much of like bell,hall,halloway and brown all LBs that crennel didnt give much of a chance to show us something..

Barton would be a decent pickup perhaps as a starter..

Is steve sanders still around or did savage waive him again before leaving?

This kid was waived and rehired 3 or 4 times last year..

No hands Sanders and hubbard are two recievers with nice speed but both couldnt catch last year maybe they can this year crennel was bad about taking rookies out if they made one mistake like hubbard did and sanders as a vet just sucked butterfingers style.. but it was ok for butterfingers and stallworthless to suck game in and game out i hope these guys get another chance...;)

All these old jets guys are better then what we have at present not counting several guys we have but havent seen much of like bell,hall,halloway and brown all LBs that crennel didnt give much of a chance to show us something..

Barton would be a decent pickup perhaps as a starter..

Is steve sanders still around or did savage waive him again before leaving?

This kid was waived and rehired 3 or 4 times last year..

Sanders and hubbard are two recievers with nice speed but both couldnt catch last year maybe they can this year crennel was bad about taking rookies out if they made one mistake but it was ok for butterfingers and stallworthless to suck game in and game out i hope these guys get a chance...;)

Isnt Amy Palcic the one that got in trouble with texting Kellen to not speak of his staph infection and the one he told he didnt need a babysitter when they were trying to keep him quit on the staph subject while talking with the media. Good ridance to that bimbo!

Isnt Amy Palcic the one that got in trouble with texting Kellen to not speak of his staph infection and the one he told he didnt need a babysitter when they were trying to keep him quit on the staph subject while talking with the media. Good ridance to that bimbo!

Our whole organization is being re-invented and is actually looking like a professional football franchise for the first time since the team has returned..

And this is way overdue lerner is even making keenans sorry arse do some things..keenan is a horrific public speaker no wonder they hide him...hehehehehe ;)

And this is way overdue lerner is even making keenans sorry arse do some things..keenan is a horrific public speaker no wonder they hide him...hehehehehe ;)

...and to think, Keenan is the guy that John Collins quietly hired to oversee Savage a month before the Collins vs. Savage fiasco hit the media outlets. I knew that he would eventually become the President, but that must have been done very quietly as well, as the first time I heard him referred to as President was when he announced himself as such at the press conference to introduce Mangini as Head Coach.

I told myself that I would check the Browns website periodically to see when he would be listed as President, but I never did check on it.

-Al (Savage won the battle, but Collins won the war...)

I think that's going to be an ongoing theme of this offseason.

Winslow was traded without even a sniff in the air of that happening.

Everything seems to be Fort Knox in Berea.

We'll know when he signs on the dotted line.

The last PR perswon that opened her mouth is now looking for a job along with her boyfriend. So, I agree 100%. Now, if we could only keep the media form making their stupid assumptions and spreading unfounded rumors.

Archived