THE BROWNS BOARD

DA is just one component in a TEAM game.

osusev

.... because DA cant handle any pressure, that simple. DA blew that game and did not have the great game you guys want to act like he did.

You mean that DA can't handle this kind of pressure (at mid game never the less):

Down 10-7

Anderson is 5-of-6 for 61 yards in a 11-play Drive that is capped by a Dawson Field goal to tie the score at 10-10.

Raven's take lead with FG of their own and are up 10-13.

Anderson gets the ball back with 00:25 before the half and nails two straight passes, netting 30-yards and Dawson ties the score again at 13-13 with a 54-yard field goal at the half.

Cribbs gets us good field position on a 30+ punt return, and Anderson goes to work immediately with a 28-yard TD pass as Edwards wrestles it from coverage. Putting us up 20-13.

We get the ball back again and Anderson goes 3-of-3 for 45 yards on the 8-play 72-yard drive to increase our lead to 14 (27-13).

He was 11-of-14 for 164 yards with 2 TD's & 2 FG drives in those come from behind/tie game/take a 14 point lead/ drives. Were those not pressure drives enough to be given any credit?

Add in Cribbs Punt Return for a score, and you mean to tell me that the Defense played up to this calibre at any time during that game?

The Defense was the weak link.

So what you're saying is DA led us to 2 field goals in the first half? What a stud!

Yes its a team game, so lets look at it objectively.

Let's look up the lowest NFL ranking player on the Browns offense by position. OK, now let's look to the bench to see if there is anyone there that may be better.

DA!! He's the lowest ranked player on the offense AND he has a first rounder behind him!!

Argh!!! Why is this hard to understand?!!

The leader of the offense is the lowest ranked player we have!

Someone talk me down!

Ok let me spell it out for you.

DA has the ability to look good on some occasions, otherwise he wouldnt be starting with BQ on the bench

He had moments he looked good in this game

When it came down to it he couldnt get the job done.

Is there blame to be laid else where? YES play calling for one, you dont go into prevent in the 3rd quarter only up 14 for starters

Defense was worn out by the end of this game, Shuan Rogers needs some help in creating pressure, namely blizting

We stopped blizting in the 3rd to go into our prevent defense

So bad coaching put us in the position where DA needed to make a drive, HE COULD NOT DO IT!!!!

OK, I'm calm now.

We have no idea if Quinn will be any better, and yes things can be worse. But who could fault the Browns for giving it a whirl?

Q: "Why would you replace DA? Your 10-win starter from last year. A pro-bowler."

A: "Well, we gave DA a chance. But, we're 3-5 and he's at the bottom of the league for QB's. We thought we'd try Quinn and see if we could generate a spark. We gave up a lot to get him, so we believed in him, and its time to see if we were right".

Sound reasonable to me.

Guest ATENEARS

So what you're saying is DA led us to 2 field goals in the first half? What a stud!

If that's the way you want to read it, but both tied the game and the discussion was about pressure situations. Care to add anything along thoes lines? or about the next 14 points we scored thereafter before Braylon killed two consectutive drives with third down drops?

Who we focusing on about pressure? The defense who got bend over like a cheap whore? Nope! Braylon Edwards who choked on the deep ball and securing first downs? Nope! Jamal Lewis for knowing his job is to move the chains and keep the clock moving to protect a 14-point lead at Home in the second half? Nope! Derek Anderson for getting things clicking with a mentally challenged #1 WR, no #2 WR, a TE that is still running school yard 5-6 cut fakes, An over-rated Line that can't run block to gain an important yard, or a Running Back that played tougher wearing purple? You guessed it ... the paper fans sing again.

Guest ATENEARS
OK, I'm calm now.

We have no idea if Quinn will be any better, and yes things can be worse. But who could fault the Browns for giving it a whirl?

Q: "Why would you replace DA? Your 10-win starter from last year. A pro-bowler."

A: "Well, we gave DA a chance. But, we're 3-5 and he's at the bottom of the league for QB's. We thought we'd try Quinn and see if we could generate a spark. We gave up a lot to get him, so we believed in him, and its time to see if we were right".

Sound reasonable to me.

Why would you debut your backup in a short week, when your starter just played well enough to pull out your 4th win in 5 games?

Who we focusing on about pressure? The defense who got bend over like a cheap whore? Nope! Braylon Edwards who choked on the deep ball and securing first downs? Nope! Jamal Lewis for knowing his job is to move the chains and keep the clock moving to protect a 14-point lead at Home in the second half? Nope! Derek Anderson for getting things clicking with a mentally challenged #1 WR, no #2 WR, a TE that is still running school yard 5-6 cut fakes, An over-rated Line that can't run block to gain an important yard, or a Running Back that played tougher wearing purple? You guessed it ... the paper fans sing again.

If that's the way you want to read it, but both tied the game and the discussion was about pressure situations. Care to add anything along thoes lines? or about the next 14 points we scored thereafter before Braylon killed two consectutive drives with third down drops?

LOL, ok its everybody but DA, that makes more sense.

not that anybody outside of the Brady Quinn fan club gives a shit about passer rating...

I tend to agree.

However, is there really any reason to continue the DA experiment which results in further delaying our evaluation of Quinn? Seriously?

I guess we have to wait for a mathmatical elimination from the playoffs.

DA has the ability to look good on some occasions, otherwise he wouldnt be starting with BQ on the bench

But you're wrong - Romeo and Savage are afraid to lose their security blanket (Quinn) by playing him. Their jobs are on the line with this fuktard DA, but even more if Quinn falters. So that's why he's starting with BQ on the bench.

Not because he's good, what the hell are you smoking.

But you're wrong - Romeo and Savage are afraid to lose their security blanket (Quinn) by playing him. Their jobs are on the line with this fuktard DA, but even more if Quinn falters. So that's why he's starting with BQ on the bench.

Not because he's good, what the hell are you smoking.

LOL I said on SOME occasions, and he has like the Giants game, just enough to save his job. But when it comes to suceeding in the clutch DA is incapable of doing it. Read my post again, I am in no way defending DA. He should have been benched before that Giants game imo.

I'll agree with you that Jamal is done as a starting running back, but our defense is an average unit that would look better with a little offensive support to keep them from tiring out so quickly.

DA is done as a QB, and Jamal is done as a RB. Romeo will ride them to his grave. So we're both fucked.

Guest Masters
This is becoming a sort of DA religion war and I don't think that's right.

Yes, the QB is just one eleventh of the offense. But he handles the ball on every snap and at least half of those snaps are for passes. Just because of that he cannot be considered one eleventh of the team.

Look at the Falcons. They have a rookie at the helm and they don't have a better team than the Browns.

Yes, look at Atlanta!!!!! LOL, the #1 Rushing team in the League ... yes, look to them and scratch head as to why their QB gets pimped for having a less completion percentage than Derek Anderson.

What? Matt Ryan is completing 58% of his passes while DA is below 50%. Not to mention Matt Ryan is a wet behind the ears rookie.

You don't like QB convos, fine. But just stay out of them. DA sucks and there is nothing you can say to spin it otherwise. You and Lummy have yet to make any type of valid argument in favor of DA, other than blaming other players for DAs ineptitude.

Archived