THE BROWNS BOARD

Collins goes to Cowboys

The Gipper

La'el Collins signs with Cowboys. Somebody should have drafted him to keep him away from those asshats. I am of the opinion that he will be cleared and all this fear about him will have been unsubstantiated......but now that he has gone to the Cowboys? Maybe arrest his ass?:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25177455/report-cowboys-sign-lsu-tackle-lael-collins?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

Damn them.

Does this push them to the leaderboard for best draft (even if La'el Collins went undrafted)?

With Gregory, Jones and Collins, they got 3 of CBS' Top 20. Unfortunately, the rest of their draft was basically garbage (if you judge solely on ranking grades) - as the rest of their picks hovered in the 190 -300 range.

Damn them.

Does this push them to the leaderboard for best draft (even if La'el Collins went undrafted)?

With Gregory, Jones and Collins, they got 3 of CBS' Top 20. Unfortunately, the rest of their draft was basically garbage (if you judge solely on ranking grades) - as the rest of their picks hovered in the 190 -300 range.

Maybe the Cowboys are the team that needs a new Motto. How about: Risky Business? The question is: who is going to get fucked on a train....the Cowboys or their opponents?

Do you know how much the contract was for? I bet they got him on the cheap.

Fully guaranteed with performance and max roster bonuses. Should be worth $1.7 million over 3 years.

If he gets a high RFA tender in 2018, he could end up making more than most second round picks this year. Not a bad move by his agent, to be completely honest.

A steal if they wrote into the contract suspension language. If he plays this could very well be the steal of the draft. I thought the Browns should pulled the trigger in the 6th but rumor was he was asking for 2nd, 3rd round money, fucking rumors.

I still dont understand why someone didn't draft him in the 7th, especially those teams with compensatory picks. Its a free pick in the last round. I wanted us to pick him or Ifo in the 7th and we took Ifo so I was fine with that. The Cowboys line already probably the best just got better.

Understand the Kid was tied into a terrible situation at the worst time but, I believe his Rookie Contract would have been the same at any team but know the Kid can pick the team HE wants to play for??? WOW to that coming out of College.. Hell a clean Lebron and Kobe came out of HS had no choice like that.. Somebody should have took him later the better. Lesson Learned..

I think there was an agreement between all the teams and the league that nobody would draft him. There is no reason someone didnt make him a 7th round pick

His agent made it clear that he wouldn't sign a contract if drafted on day 3.

His agent made it clear that he wouldn't sign a contract if drafted on day 3.

yep.....his team definitely put the word out NOT to draft him....

Im sure a team could have, but that would've been a real contentious start for anybody who really wanted him......

So basically, the player dictated to the NFL with who he would play for.......... Dangerous precedent to say the least.

Fully guaranteed with performance and max roster bonuses. Should be worth $1.7 million over 3 years.

Contract can also be renegotiated as part of an extention in year 3 and Jerrah promised to do so...

and if hardy, gregory and collins turn out to be what a lot of suspicious-minded people think they will then jones looks like the biggest ass in the league.

can't wait to see what happens when the trio starts smoking bath salts.....

So basically, the player dictated to the NFL with who he would play for.......... Dangerous precedent to say the least.

A player selecting a team is not exactly unprecedented... Elway? Eli? Bernie?

The difference is that the above all landed 1st-round money in their rookie contract while Collins lost millions that he will never recoup even if he stays healthy for two years. So Collins has blazed a trail that I don't see anyone barreling down behind him anytime soon..

A player selecting a team is not exactly unprecedented... Elway? Eli? Bernie?

The difference here is that all of those players were drafted by a team and/or then traded to another team, all of which was totally out of their control. Sure, they could choose not to play for the team that drafted/traded for them, but that was their only recourse. Collins completely and totally controlled his outcome and was able to sign with whatever team he wanted.

Anybody got Collins Agent Name?? He Lost money on this deal also but Damn he knows his Shit for his Client. Don't need our guys hanging with this Hard Baller!!

Collins completely and totally controlled his outcome and was able to sign with whatever team he wanted.

Granted... but it cost him...

Let's say he was drafted in the seventh. The team that drafted him could have negotiated for more than Dallas or whoever.

Archived