THE BROWNS BOARD

Erving was drafted to replace Greco, not Mack

WalterWhite

If someone on the Patriots would have done that shit... they wouldn't be there anymore... get it together Greco, Schwartz had his guy.

Considering the Pats Oline was quite bad at times, your comments are rather baseless, Po.

As for Walter and this thread. Dude spends more time in the political forum going on about god knows what than he does actually talking football. That's discounting the few times he makes sense. This, not being one of those times.

So Greco expected the center to pick up the man and he didn't. Holy fuck, a miscommunication with a new center. That's crazy talk.

I think the Browns will do EVERYTHING they can to resign Mack still with the addition of Erving.

Dude what the fuck was Greco doing on this play?

Watch it at the 18 second mark and it's like Greco purposely gave up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000446676/Manziel-28-yard-completion

Mack is already signed, its his choice to opt out after the upcoming season. Want Mack to stay then I say win a bunch of games. Showing progress is the best hope of keeping him in Cleveland.

Mack is already signed, its his choice to opt out after the upcoming season. Want Mack to stay then I say win a bunch of games. Showing progress is the best hope of keeping him in Cleveland.

This is true - if we have a winning season I'm sure he'll stay.

Erving I'm sure was an insurance policy for Mack, while hoping he'll still stay; if he stays, then Schwartz is out of contract after this season as well.

Nobody ever seems to mention Mack broke his leg, he may not be the same player again.

Broken legs are fine as long as there's no ligament damage. It's not like he did an ACL or anything like that.

Dude what the fuck was Greco doing on this play?

Watch it at the 18 second mark and it's like Greco purposely gave up.

Looks like Greco did his job....completely handled his man and then rotated outside.....but the center was lost......

Plus, the team completed a 30 yd pass....so what is the issue again???

Another hilariously inept Walter thought....yes....That play must be the reason we drafted Erving

Cmon folks.....why did we draft Erving?????.....we needed depth on the line and this guy provides it at several positions.....Interior depth, potential back up center, potential OG, potential OT, driving competition everywhere....

Mack will probably leave, sadly, and having Erving should make that loss more bearable, or could even upgrade our line in the long run as strange as it sounds.... I only say that because I think Erving can be an even better C than Mack has been particularly in the run game...

Mike Pouncey just had an "average" year with the Dolphins, and he signed a new contract making him the highest paid C. If Mack plays healthy this year, he will certainly have the opportunity to surpass that contract. To be honest, why should we be the ones to pay it?? Erving will play RG or RT this year, and then will step in for Mack in 2016... count on it...

A. It seems like the problem was just a misunderstanding on the blocking.

The center looked to block left, and the rog looked right and thought the c was

going to pick up right.

B. Erving was picked up as probably an immediate starter somewhere, and as

an outstanding backup at every oline position.

That is rare for a player to be able to be able to be all that, it's a goldmine.

C. If the Browns can have a nice winning season, maybe Mack would stay on. But if he's all

about mo money, then let him bail on the team, the city and the team's fans and get overpaid

somewhere else. He may very well stay. Or maybe he has other reasons to move to another

team to relocate geographically.

So we have theories that Mack will leave and Ervin will replace him, or that Mack will stay and Ervin replaces Greco or Schwatz.

But what is the O-line like this year?

Thomas Mack & Bit are starting.

It seems like Groco is better at his job than Schwartz is at his. But that seems to be up for debate. And then I am not sure which position is Ervin's best. so ill the 2015 line be:

Thomas - Bit - Mack - Greco - Schwartz with Ervin on bemch?

Thomas- Bit - Mack - Ervin - Schwartz with Greco on bench? or

Thomas- Bit - Mack -Greco - Ervin with Schwartz on bench?

Zombo

So we have theories that Mack will leave and Ervin will replace him, or that Mack will stay and Ervin replaces Greco or Schwatz.

It seems like Groco is better at his job than Schwartz is at his. But that seems to be up for debate. And then I am not sure which position is Ervin's best. so ill the 2015 line be:

Zombo

Que sera, sera.

Zombo

Z, you don't draft an o-line guy in the first round to sit him on the bench. My bet is he replaces either Greco or Schwartz.

Nate Ulrich just tweeted that Erving was at RT today... (real)

Book it, he's replacing Schwartz. Schwartz is on the trade block. We're looking to acquire Mike Glennon and a trade for Schwartz seems iminent. Browns think Glennon backing up McCown worked so well in TB last year they want to try the same thing, but overall it's really just a scheme to ensure the top pick in 2016 to acquire Cardelle Jones out of OSU who is a frontrunner to win the Heisman, and whose family just upgraded by buying a million dollar mansion in Strongsville and have recently taken out massive loans to acquire 2 new "luxury SUV's." Also, Johnny Manziel was seen drinking lemonade on an under-inflated intertube at Lebron James' house afterwhich he plans to have dinner at an undisclosed bar/restaurant in Downtown with his girlfriend, former man Bruce Jenner... And, speaking of Cardale Jones, Showtime is currently planning a PPV fight between him and Joakim Noah during the offseason in 2016... should be a good one... Manziel's intertube will NOT be the subject of any investigation; however, ice cubes were seen in the glass he was drinking out of... (see what I did there)

browns talk before TC is classic!...

On the OP play in question...

Can't say what, if any, line call was made, but it was very common for Greco to shade his attention Schwartz's way.

Thank God that Kuechly did not blitz... Seymour would have never seen him. Contrast Seymour's head snap to his left with JT's use of his peripheral vision to keep track of the wide DE. Joe checks that the DT in his inside gap goes in before turning his attention outside.

Greco made a pass to a "receiver" who was not looking, but the DT who dove inside hard, across Bito face assured that Ryan's attention was going to stay on him. Good rush design by the Panthers there.

While I agree that WW's overreaction is way over the top (what else is new?), I think Greco releasing a man inside on a fairly quick pass route was a mistake. You have to err towards the shortest path to your QB.

That said... what a brave catch by Hawkins on a throw that had a noticeable hump in its flight for the length it was. Had the Safety played the man rather than diving for an INT that never made it to him... ouch...

Trust me, Z... Cam is far better inside at Center than he is in space at OT... it's not even close. So if you have Cam competing at his weakest position (OT) with the weakest link in our line it's hard to predict how that turns out. Cam has the athletic edge, but Mitch's technique was pretty solid late last year.

Just as last year we did not risk starting a rookie RG next to Mitch (I believe I had that one right)... I do not think there is a chance in hell that you start a rookie RG inside of Schwartz.

What we do know is that we will find a way to start our best 5 O-lineman. So as I have said before, there is a possibility that Greco slides out to RT.

Going to be an interesting competition...

Got threw to Kiper before the draft and asked why Cam was falling b4 draft:: His response was that Cam plays multi positions but teams were figuring out if you need a C that was his best position to play Cam the others at G and T were Not.. I prefer not using Cam till passing downs on Right Side. Kid can pass block anywhere, Keep O Line Fresh and Best Depth we have on OL..

Tour, you left out one option, and the one I think is going to be the game1 starters:

Thomas - Bit - Mack - Schwartz - Erving

Reason: Greco is not very good in space, so Schwartz is better at passpro

You may be right about Greco in space, but we've (or at least I've) never seen him there so we're (or at least I'm) speculating. I have seen that Greco moves better in the ZBS.

Your option was one of Z's original options. There is no way Schwartz beats out Greco for starting RG... none... zip.... nada. If Cam wins the RT job, then JG will be inside to steady him... just as he was last year for Mitch.

Archived