THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberal sick gov overreach gone wild

calfoxwc

Uh, just for shits and giggles I wonder how many professional football head coaches played at a high level in the pros?

As long as you have an aptitude, a desire and a little more understanding of the subject than a teenager you can teach. I don't think a degree means jack shit.

WSS

That isn't a 1 to 1 example. The high level individuals in academics are the scientists, engineers, doctors, etc.... not the High School teachers. But even then, these teachers are more experienced and more qualified to teach than the majority of parents described in the first graph I posted.

You need more than "a little more understanding" of the subject matter to teach well. I mean, maybe if your only goal is to teach your kid the bare minimum needed to get an average score on the ACT/SAT, sure. But some mom with an associated degree in communication isn't going to match the teaching ability of the school teacher that teachers AP Calc, AP Physics, etc. That child may be able to get a "passing grade" on the SAT, but he/she is not doing well enough to get into a great school. If I was taught in high school by a parent, that needed to have "a little more understanding" of the subject matter than me... we're talking Calc IV and intermediate Linear Algebra. College level mechanical and E&M physics, college econ, college stats, college computer science and programming, college english and writing, etc.

What single parent is going to be qualified to teach all of those things?

i'm being dead serious if I were to ever have a child, which I won't, I wouldn't let them near any private school or any public school. Not anymore. The intense brainwashing that goes on at these schools is universal, you can't get away from it. I would never let my own child be normalized to this absurd culture. I went to private catholic schools my whole life and they were bad enough. The things you learned to say and do in order to synchronize with everyone else, you pretty much have to rid yourself of when you become an adult. Or become what unfortunately I see on a daily basis, here at this very chat board for instance. And yes, it does start that early. I would encourage my kid to get a job as early as possible so he/she gets that "social education" in at least a semi professional environment. Schools either public or private have become and incestual cesspool of false narratives spoon fed to children by a corrupt economic structure that begins to feed on them as early as possible.

For just "one" example, I would never allow my child to go anywhere near fast food or have candy or have any kind of soda's which have chemicals in them that are purposefully structured to embed themselves in the brains of developing children. Read the book "the end of overeating". It was written by a former head of the CDC and he had CEO's of food companies admit to him how they have white coats working in labs on ways to hook children as early as possible so they can set consumptive behaviors as early as possible. Now, is it even remotely feasible in this society to keep a kid away from fast food? It isn't. They're gonna get food at school that is virtually the exact same thing, they're gonna go out with friends etc, etc. You can't stop it. You can't tell a kid he/she can't have something and then expect them to be around other kids having all those things and not consume it themselves. It's isn't remotely possible. So homeschooling is the only answer.

One of the first lessons of this world I would ever teach a kid is what they ingest means "everything". I would have to teach them what food really is and how it was really supposed to be consumed....ie not kept on a shelf for months on end laden with preservatives. And what the ramifications are of indulging in the westernized food chain. That lesson would be lost on young kids, even in the most mature of children. You would have to insulate a child from our free market for at least a decade before they were intellectually capable of rationalizing what was proper for them and what wasn't. Impossible if you leave it to the village to raise your children, cause the village these days are 90% bonafide idiots.

Calm down Opal

Archived