THE BROWNS BOARD

Something different

I can see he had right to be worried about being attacked by a nut, and maybe

his two big buddies jumping in...

but the shirtless nutjob - if he didn't have a knife etc... and wasn't armed,

is the shooting still self defense? Or would some figure he just had to

fight to defend himself?

which, btw, 3 shots could be misconstrued as unnecessary response by some.

I don't blame the guy, just wonderin. He did the right thing to protect himself from

being severely injured.

I can see he had right to be worried about being attacked by a nut, and maybe

his two big buddies jumping in...

but the shirtless nutjob - if he didn't have a knife etc... and wasn't armed,

is the shooting still self defense? Or would some figure he just had to

fight to defend himself?

which, btw, 3 shots could be misconstrued as unnecessary response by some.

I don't blame the guy, just wonderin. He did the right thing to protect himself from

being severely injured.

No I think this Is pretty much the definition of a defensive shooting. If the shooter was white and it was a bunch of black guys harassing him you wouldn't have even bothered with this limited questioning. See it's still there, buried deep in your nervous system..you can't help it. The shooter was white against a bunch of drunken enraged African primates you'd almost be asking why they weren't shot when they first walked in.

No I think this Is pretty much the definition of a defensive shooting. If the shooter was white and it was a bunch of black guys harassing him you wouldn't have even bothered with this limited questioning. See it's still there, buried deep in your nervous system..you can't help it. The shooter was white against a bunch of drunken enraged African primates you'd almost be asking why they weren't shot when they first walked in.

Conversely if the shooter was white and it was a bunch of black primates harassing him, you'd be manufacturing all kinds of shoulda, woulda, coulda, scenarios against the white guy.

Regarding this video, its a positive thing seeing a black guy in the right for a change.

The shooter did everything you are supposed to do after a defensive shooting.

Yup. I saw this a day or two ago.

Sad that the guy informed the police dispatch that he'd be face down on the ground with his hands on his head with his pistol on the counter when they got there.

Smart, but sad.

Yup. I saw this a day or two ago.

Sad that the guy informed the police dispatch that he'd be face down on the ground with his hands on his head with his pistol on the counter when they got there.

Smart, but sad.

Missed that part, and totally agree.

I'm not well versed on FL's liquor laws, but the coverage I read also stated that Billy Ray brought his own frat cola's into the Waffle House.

Assuming that's non-compliant, a death potentially could have been avoided with a quick phone call to the police informing them that our shirtless hero may have over served himself.

Archived