THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards busted for DUI (I scooped Walter on this)

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son

I got it...

Walter, I've been giving this a lot of thought. From now on your name is Flounder...

Walter- that's why I said in my previous post hard core alkys develop a tremendous tolerance to booze. The most memorable one was when they dragged this old guy into ER, after he drove his car into a pole. Remembered quite clearly what he did- with a booze level of .43

As an attorney/magistrate I have seen a lot when it came to drunk driving....but the most flabbergasting one was where a guy came into my office with a DUI and when I saw his BAC reading I had to run over to the police station to try to assure myself that there had been some kind of a mistake....as I thought that such a BAC reading was impossible and that the machine had made some error or misprint. But after discussing it with the operator of the breathalyzer, apparently there was no mistake. This guy blew about a .67.

I have never before or since seen anything like that. And this was a fairly young guy.....but he would drive around with a half gallon jug of vodka in his passenger seat drinking from it. Also oddly, this was his first offense.....and honestly there was no effort to "get him off", just to get him the best deal he could.

I never saw him again after that (he was from out of town and stopped on the interstate) but it wouldn't surprise me if he died shortly after that. I don't know how he could have shaken his addiction. Funny thing is, he wasn't driving erratically actually.....he was stopped because he chose to use one of those turnarounds in the median of the highway that you are not supposed to use because he was from out of town and missed his turnoff.

hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

hey if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead. just don't get behind the wheel and put everyone else in jeopardy. this from a guy that used to do it all the time, but was never arrested or stopped for that matter. when you think about the cost of a cab and weigh that with the cost of a lawyer, time involved, stress and shame..... $10 is cheap. let alone knowing you harmed or killed someone else because you were to selfish to think about anyone else in your little world.

HA! Me too. Used to drive around San Diego with a rum and coke between my knees and a 12 pack of Coors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't think about driving after one drink now.

HA! Me too. Used to drive around San Diego with a rum and coke between my knees and a 12 pack of Coors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't think about driving after one drink now.

Well as a former jet pilot friend of mine used to quote for me, "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots"

Same applies to drunks and drivers: There are old drivers and there are drunk drivers, but there are no old drunk drivers. LOL :D

Archived