THE BROWNS BOARD

What do you like about the opposition party?

This is a topic Chris brought up in an unrelated thread but seriously, there's a lot of left and right wing people here, relatively, so is there anything from the opposition party you agree with or anything Barack Obama or George W Bush (assuming you voted against them or would have) were correct about or handled properly?

WSS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't vote for either (obviously), but like I've said in the other thread, I think Bush handled the aftermath of 9/11 very well. He could have used his position to beat the anti-muslim drum, very easily, and I think the fact that he didn't probably upset a few of his back-benchers (or whatever you call them over there). Instead he went after the taliban/al-qaeda, the real culprits, and for good measure destabilised the middle east removed Saddam Hussein from power.

Generally, if a leader does things that make the more extreme members of his/her party unhappy, then I think we're probably on to a winner.

Nothing and I mean it. Not just Obama but the Harry Reid's and Nancy Pelosi's and all the others in the democrat party who are taking the country down the toilet. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face 6 years of the Obama administration has done anything to make this country better:

Economy: F.. the national debt has increased to over 18 trillion in his term thus far, he wasted a trillion dollars on such things as Solyndra and cash for clunkers on his failed stimulus and we have had the worst economic recovery after a recession since the Great Depression.

Race Relations: F: The worst ever and our community organizer prez and his lovely wife and pals like Al Sharpton have done nothing to heal race relations but inflamed them at every turn.

Foreign Affairs: F: This president goes around the world and apologizes for our great nation while projecting weakness at every turn. He supported the Muslim Brotherhood when they for a time had gotten control in Egypt. He helped overthrow Ghadaffi and then left the mess in Libya, he has made himself foolish and weak in negotiating with Iran over their nuclear facilities, He draws a red line in Syria with a threat and does not follow through. He pulled all the troops out of Iraq which led to the disaster with ISIS. We are not respected by our friends nor feared by our enemies.

Obama is not the real problem. The real problem are the ones who voted for him.

I have no problem with either side. The fringe elements on each are annoying. If you don't consider the Larry troll a real poster (he's not) we only have fringe elements from one side on here. If other political views are based relative to yours, some think we probably have extreme liberals on here, we don't.

I'd prefer another fringe element for balance. Or I guess none at all. Someone here that will call anyone here a "dirty conservative" if they disagree on only one thing.

I guess that wasn't the question... But yeah...

I wasn't really following politics when Bush was president (I was in Middle school basically), but there are elements that are "right" that I can get behind. Though I think assistance programs are necessary, the "reliant individual" and accountability part of the right is good. I also disagree with race based AA, though I think there should be financial based AA. I really can't agree with conservatives on most social issues though, they seem behind the times there. Economically you need a balance of both.

Yeah I have no bitch with gay marriage, though I could live with a domestic partnership contract.

I'm also okay with some elements of Obamacare but think the over reach of the Democrats has fucked up what could have been a decent program. I'm in favor of the public mandate which they came late to the table for but...

Of course the president has such little actual control over any of the talking points from any administration, so it's kind of like whose bullshit do I like better?

WSS

Bob Graham, an ex Gov and Senator from Florida said something that stuck with me. I don't remember the exact quote so I'll paraphrase but should be pretty close. Bob said "When i was in the Senate, the left was on their 40 yd line and the right was on their 40 yd line.. We met in the middle and got things done. Now? The left is in their endzone and the right is in theirs.. And nothing is getting done."

Race Relations: F: The worst ever and our community organizer prez and his lovely wife and pals like Al Sharpton have done nothing to heal race relations but inflamed them at every turn.

Bingo!

I've tried to stay away from this section of the Browns Board, I've been beat down by a few folks on a few issues.

I thought Obama could bring us all together. I hated what Reagan did to my family, but I did respect his leadership. He had a way of uniting us, and that's what I thought we had in Obama. Instead, I'm sitting here at my fire station getting ready for another class & preparing for another potential disaster called the Brelo verdict. We're prepared, but this shit is scary & mind-boggling.

Policemen & firemen are human. We make mistakes too; we just hope none of you guys, and our colleagues get hurt or killed while serving and protecting.

Peace/out. go Browns.

Yeah I have no bitch with gay marriage, though I could live with a domestic partnership contract.

I'm also okay with some elements of Obamacare but think the over reach of the Democrats has fucked up what could have been a decent program. I'm in favor of the public mandate which they came late to the table for but...

Of course the president has such little actual control over any of the talking points from any administration, so it's kind of like whose bullshit do I like better?

WSS

Most of us were in favor of the govt issuing Civil Unions to EVERYONE, and letting other sources take care of calling it marriage. Right?

Nothing and I mean it. Not just Obama but the Harry Reid's and Nancy Pelosi's and all the others in the democrat party who are taking the country down the toilet. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face 6 years of the Obama administration has done anything to make this country better:

Harry Reid's only function was to obstruct any and every Republican bill. He blocked over 300 of them, yet Republicans were accused by leftist fucks of being the "party of no" and the main culprits of the "do nothing congress". And of course Nancy Pelosi, the "we have to pass the bill before we find out whats in it" wench. The hypocrisy on the left is glaring...the bashing of an intelligent Sarah Palin, who is in no position to make decisions, and zero criticism of the most ignorant bitch ever to occupy a seat in congress..next to that fat hippo "today there are two Vientams" Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas.

Economy: F.. the national debt has increased to over 18 trillion in his term thus far, he wasted a trillion dollars on such things as Solyndra and cash for clunkers on his failed stimulus and we have had the worst economic recovery after a recession since the Great Depression.

Obama has increased the national debt more than all the presidents from George Washington to Bush combined.

There was never a time in my life when I felt racial tension as I do today...and if you libfucks don't feel the same way, you're lying to yourselves. You would think this impossible being we now have a black president.( Rush predicted this before Obama was elected)

To his credit Obama did try doing it the right way...once. He gave the commencement speech at Morehouse College several years ago and a segment of his speech he essentially told the all black student graduates its time to stop blaming whitey for the problems of black society. He was then met with criticism by Afrocentrists, accusing him of "finger wagging". That was the end of that experiment for Obama.

Foreign Affairs: F: This president goes around the world and apologizes for our great nation while projecting weakness at every turn. He supported the Muslim Brotherhood when they for a time had gotten control in Egypt. He helped overthrow Ghadaffi and then left the mess in Libya, he has made himself foolish and weak in negotiating with Iran over their nuclear facilities, He draws a red line in Syria with a threat and does not follow through. He pulled all the troops out of Iraq which led to the disaster with ISIS. We are not respected by our friends nor feared by our enemies.

Yep, the death of American exceptionalism.

Hindsight is 20/20, and you could argue that perhaps it wasn't a good idea by Bush to invade Iraq. But to his credit Bush didn't act like the lawless renegade Obama and sought congressional approval for the invasion which was embraced by many Democrats.

But that is water under the bridge, and Obama the Messiah promised to make things better, to fix the so-called "mess" Bush created. In his warped mind he assumed that eliminating American presence in Iraq would make things all better. He fucked up big time.

Obama is not the real problem. The real problem are the ones who voted for him.

That's the bottom line.

Most of us were in favor of the govt issuing Civil Unions to EVERYONE, and letting other sources take care of calling it marriage. Right?

Like I've said Woody, I'm ok with gay marriage. I think good compromise would be to issue the civil union contract and let marriage stand as what it is.

That accomplishes whatever fairness and rights issues people have concocted without actually sticking the thumb in the eye of either group. Unfortunately I think that's the goal of both sides to some extent.

WSS

Bingo!

I've tried to stay away from this section of the Browns Board, I've been beat down by a few folks on a few issues.

I thought Obama could bring us all together. I hated what Reagan did to my family, but I did respect his leadership. He had a way of uniting us, and that's what I thought we had in Obama. Instead, I'm sitting here at my fire station getting ready for another class & preparing for another potential disaster called the Brelo verdict. We're prepared, but this shit is scary & mind-boggling.

Policemen & firemen are human. We make mistakes too; we just hope none of you guys, and our colleagues get hurt or killed while serving and protecting.

Peace/out. go Browns.

Fire fighters bust ass. I was on the flying squad on an aircraft carrier which is the first reponders to a fire or other emergency before they call General Quarters. Been through several different fire fighting schools.

I think the invasion of Iraq was a terrible mistake. After 9/11 the U.S. had an unprecedented (at least in my lifetime) amount

of goodwill from the majority of the world. Iraq pretty quickly pissed all over that. I watched Colin Powell on live tv when he went

to the UN to make the case for war and I couldn't believe we were actually going to go to war based on his presentation. He showed

satellite photos of 45-foot box trailers and said things like "these trailer could be used to manufacture WMD's". It certainly didn't come

close to measuring up with Adlai Stevenson's performance in 1962.

Obama has proved to be a Not Ready for Prime Time Player. His inexperience and arrogance/aloofness dug a huge hole which in

many ways he never has climbed out of. He basically got out of the way and turned the Economic Stimulus bill over to Pelosi/Reid who

immediately went full politician and served up a huge steaming pile. As Carl Bernstein put it, "They came up with $200 million for

economic stimulus and then added $700 million worth of nonsense."

The great majority of our elected Representatives and Senators from both sides of the aisle are only interested in promoting themselves

and their own power/financial welfare.

It really bothers me that the third party candidate is not allowed to participate in presidential debates. Not saying at all that I want to vote for

a third party candidate, but in 2012 we got wall-to-wall coverage of a seemingly endless supply of Republican candidates throwing red meat

to the far right base, but we can't allow the Libertarian/Green/whatever third party candidate to express their thoughts on stage with the

other two candidates?

It seems to me that now, more than ever, our politicians are bought and paid for, sold to the highest bidder. I honestly question whether my

vote makes any difference or not.

This president goes around the world and apologizes for our great nation while projecting weakness at every turn. .

This is why you can't be taken seriously. This is why you never did achieve any position of real influence. People like you really do need to pass off into the sunset because they are the perpetuators of the same filthy egotistical notions that bind every successive generation.

There was never a time in my life when I felt racial tension as I do today...and if you libfucks don't feel the same way, you're lying to yourselves.

How many black people do you work with? Cause I work with a few, infact one just passed by and we had a nice conversation..he's one of my favorite people in this building. And he ain't no tom either, he's a jive turkey, lol. If there was tension he'd be the one to show it. Granted, this whole business with these cop shooting hasn't been brought up nor will it. Maybe you go around giving your ill founded lily white opinions to black people and they look at you like "walk a mile whitey". Maybe you just stfu and keep your stupid shit to yourself...they'll probably appreciate that. They've got "a lot" of shit going on right now in their own culture and they don't need some stupid white people giving their unwanted commentary on shit they know nothing about it. If they ask you though, have at it.

This president goes around the world and apologizes for our great nation while projecting weakness at every turn. .

This is why you can't be taken seriously. This is why you never did achieve any position of real influence. People like you really do need to pass off into the sunset because they are the perpetuators of the same filthy egotistical notions that bind every successive generation.

Barack Obama's Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower:

A common theme that runs through President Obama's statements is the idea the United States must atone for its past policies, whether it is America's application of the war against Islamist terrorism or its overall foreign policy. At the core of this message is the concept that the U.S. is a flawed nation that must seek redemption by apologizing for its past "sins."

On several occasions, President Obama has sought to apologize for the actions of his own country when addressing a foreign audience--including seven of the 10 apologies listed below. The President has already apologized for his country to nearly 3 billion people across Europe, the Muslim world, and the Americas.

The Obama Administration's strategy of unconditional engagement with America's enemies combined with a relentless penchant for apology-making is a dangerous recipe for failure. The overall effect of this approach has been to weaken American power on the world stage rather than strengthen it.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009/06/barack-obamas-top-10-apologies-how-the-president-has-humiliated-a-superpower

So America is perfect? It is without flaw? We have never done wrong, nor will we. We're the best at everything...

... Lol ok.

Here is one example. Obama wanted to apologize to Japan for using the atomic bomb. He wanted to apologize in person and Japan told him no thanks. Did Obama forget who attacked Pearl Harbor and started the war? Maybe Obama should look at the atrocities committed against POW's by Japan in the war. Perhaps Obama should look at studies done that stated millions of both Japanese and American lives were saved by ending the war early with using the atomic bomb. He can keep his apologies for our country to himself especially when he is apologizing to other countries who have their own flaws and they don't feel any need to go around apologizing.

I just read that list of apologies that are supposedly killing off American exceptionalism. I got to 4 before my irritation was just too much. My god he made perfectly reasonable and rational statements about where we did things good and where we didn't...followed by statements of we need to do better in certain areas and pledging that he'd do all he can. I mean nowhere has cut off our balls. I'm simply astounded by you muppets. I good and god damn guarantee that when I read the last 6 apologies ain't none of them address the really really really evil shit we've done in places like South America, just for starters. Holy fuck you people are clueless.

Bingo!

Peace/out. go Browns.

I am positive the vast majority of Americans do support law enforcement and firemen. Recently we had a gal who was celebrating the death of the 2 police officers killed in Mississippi. She posted her comments on Facebook while wearing her Subway uniform. After getting a huge amount of complaints from citizens Subway fired her promptly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3076014/GOT-EM-Mississippi-Subway-employee-caught-celebrating-cop-killings-spurs-mass-calls-boycott-sandwich-chain.html

I am positive the vast majority of Americans do support law enforcement and firemen. Recently we had a gal who was celebrating the death of the 2 police officers killed in Mississippi. She posted her comments on Facebook while wearing her Subway uniform. After getting a huge amount of complaints from citizens Subway fired her promptly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3076014/GOT-EM-Mississippi-Subway-employee-caught-celebrating-cop-killings-spurs-mass-calls-boycott-sandwich-chain.html

Good.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence

(so when a person/company faces backlash for anti-gay messages...)

Good.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence

(so when a person/company faces backlash for anti-gay messages...)

Freedom of speech means the state can't throw you in prison for saying things. Doesn't mean you can't be fired, hated, canceled, or punched in the face.

No country is perfect. I do think even with our flaws we have been a beacon of light and freedom to the rest of the world. That so many wanted to immigrate here (and still do) is proof of that.

Any time you want an outsider's perspective of America, just ask ;)

I just read that list of apologies that are supposedly killing off American exceptionalism. I got to 4 before my irritation was just too much. My god he made perfectly reasonable and rational statements about where we did things good and where we didn't...followed by statements of we need to do better in certain areas and pledging that he'd do all he can. I mean nowhere has cut off our balls. I'm simply astounded by you muppets. I good and god damn guarantee that when I read the last 6 apologies ain't none of them address the really really really evil shit we've done in places like South America, just for starters. Holy fuck you people are clueless.

Pretty much, yes.

1. Most everybody supports our firemen, policemen and military, etc. Most of them are the very best

and most courageous folks you can find. Not all of them - some bad apples in every profession.

But just because someone holds that job, and is a member of the union - doesn't make them

one of the good ones.

2. Too many big unions suck. And Bob, if that is an example of you being "beaten down" boo boo,

learn to stop claiming victimhood - you'll be a happier person. I'm sure you are a terrific fireman.

But you come off as a global union liberal supporter extremist. Just my dumb opinion. But you

feigning "victimhood" and "beaten down" that you had to leave, oh, bullhockey. My opinion -

you left because we had an honest discussion about the bad in some unions, and being a liberal,

you can't tolerate opinions that don't jive with yours.

3. The Brelo verdict? Brelo allegedly fired 49 shots into a car of two crazy nuts who ran, but

allegedly didn't have any gun with them? This is scary, as in the black subculture reaction -

like Boston? I grant you that - or scary that a lawsuit was launched against a policeman who

is a member of a precious union you so ardently favor ?

4. What Reagan did to your family? What, the air traffic controller thing? Really? Government unions

didn't get away with demanding whatever they want with all their power - that is, demanding from

the AMERICAN PEOPLE ? Coerce them by putting them all in danger with a strike - because they

do really important jobs, and their salaries are PAID BY AMERICAN TAXPAYERS MONEY?

I agreed with that Reagan move, absolutely.

5. Enough with the vague, self-centered, victimhood liberal emotional knee jerk claims already. I'm thinkin Reagan didn't do anything to your family.

6. Obamao, who you voted for, and won't, so far, articulate anything how he has failed this country...thanks to your

unions in general, who officially supported Obamao to be president, this country is now racially, economically, religiously,

and demographically in very serious crises, because of who your sheep organizations helped elect.

7. Don't go away mad, Bob, but you all of a sudden show up and start all over again with the political maneuvering union

based straw men... nah. But do have a nice day.

Archived