THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 NFL Mock....look who has the first pick ....

darren15

What these fucking idiots do is to look at just one position on a team....in this case the most important, QB, and think that the entire team is going to be as bad as their worst position.

So, while the adage, a team is only as strong as its weakest link may be right in many cases, this is a 22 man game.

The Browns, in my view, could in fact be exceedingly strong at every one of those 22 positions except 1 or 2.

And QB, yes, is one of them. But if any of these prognosticators, or any of their opponents think the Browns are going to be a weak team because they have a deficiency at that one position, they have another think coming.

(actually, I hope they do keep thinking that...because when the Browns deliver a Mike Tyson like blow to their head or gut, those other guys are not going to get up off the canvas)

Conner Cook? Really? compare those stats with these.

Cook

58 percent of his passes in 2014 for 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions
59 percent of his passes2013 for 2,755 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions
Manziel
69 percent of his passes in 2013 for 4,114 yds with 37 TDs and 13 ints
68 percent of his passes in 2012 for 3,706 yds with 26 TDs and 9 ints
Add in another total of 2100+ yards running for 30 more TD's to JM's stats there.

Worthless comparison, Ag. It's a spread offense. I could find Tech quarterbacks that are better than Johnny then, by that standard.

Also, thanks for all your help in the SEC debate.

Conner Cook? Really? compare those stats with these.

Cook

58 percent of his passes in 2014 for 3,214 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions

59 percent of his passes2013 for 2,755 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions
Manziel
69 percent of his passes in 2013 for 4,114 yds with 37 TDs and 13 ints
68 percent of his passes in 2012 for 3,706 yds with 26 TDs and 9 ints
Add in another total of 2100+ yards running for 30 more TD's to JM's stats there.

This, boys and girls - is why you don't look at stats as your ONLY base to an argument in certain scenarios.

The Patriots will tank the season after the first four losses and then realize come the draft they don't have their first rounder! HA!

Speculation

If we were to pick #1 why not Cardale?

Is Manziel and or McCown worse than:

An aging Carson Palmer

Geno or Bryce Petty

Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel

Sam Bradford after two knee surgeries

Nick Foles

Mariota on a bad team

Winston with a bad Oline and even worse run game

Manziel will be the league MVP this year. Unstoppable, unsolvable and unpredictable lighting up defenses league wide on a march to the Superbowl! Woof!

Manziel will be the league MVP this year. Unstoppable, unsolvable and unpredictable lighting up defenses league wide on a march to the Superbowl! Woof!

manziel won't see the field this year unless it's a let's see what he can do NOW at game 14 when we hit the wall.

i don't see the tampa bay mccown showing up with our OL. i see the chicago 2013 showing up which means manziel might be irrelevant unless injury.

but you can dream on, just like you do with TR and mccoy.

Goddamn PoG - after reading your post I seriously felt it move. Keep on keepin' on my friend!

My top 5 QB prospects in no order:

1. Cardale Jones

2. Connor Cook

3. Jared Goff

4. Gunner Kiel

5. Christian Hackenberg

At this point in time, ranking Cardale Jones #1 on this list is a bit premature. If I was GM for the Browns there's no way I'd draft him after only seeing him play three games.

Worthless comparison, Ag. It's a spread offense. I could find Tech quarterbacks that are better than Johnny then, by that standard.

Also, thanks for all your help in the SEC debate.

Right, useless. The most prolific QBs ever were like Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan.....who did diddley in the pros.

Speculation

If we were to pick #1 why not Cardale?

Is Manziel and or McCown worse than:

An aging Carson Palmer

Geno or Bryce Petty

Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel

Sam Bradford after two knee surgeries

Nick Foles

Mariota on a bad team

Winston with a bad Oline and even worse run game

Nick Foles is a good QB imo. But I understand what you are saying: While the Browns may not have a good QB situation, there may in fact be teams that are no better or worse.

How was your trip to Guyana......because clearly you have been drinking the Kool-Aid.

I love how walterfootball based it's analysis on the premise that TB sucked because of McCown exclusively. Yet with the "best" qb in the draft to replace McCown, they have the bucs picking 6th and immediately mentions they need help at Oline. Brilliant stuff.

I'll be interested to see how Conner Cook progresses this year-the guy has all the tools you want and looked pretty good overall but wasn't quite there last year.

I'm hoping that's a moot point though when Manziel tears up this league-right, anyone?...

No way we would not take Bosa, if we did pick at number 1. Then get our qb in the 2nd.

i don't think farmer would want the number one and try to trade back. is conner cook or cardale jones going to be worth a #1 overall?? i really doubt it. and even though i'm the biggest 'draft defense' guy there is, i think with all the additions the FO made to the Dline in the draft it'd be tough to go back to that trough with our first pick next year (and i'm willing to bet that we don't pick number 1). no, even if mccown works out it will depend on manziel. if he doesn't progress in all facets of his game i think farmer will think long and hard about the 'franchise' qb pick.

if all works out this year as expected i see the browns drafting offensive weapons next year.

i don't think farmer would want the number one and try to trade back. is conner cook or cardale jones going to be worth a #1 overall?? i really doubt it. and even though i'm the biggest 'draft defense' guy there is, i think with all the additions the FO made to the Dline in the draft it'd be tough to go back to that trough with our first pick next year (and i'm willing to bet that we don't pick number 1). no, even if mccown works out it will depend on manziel. if he doesn't progress in all facets of his game i think farmer will think long and hard about the 'franchise' qb pick.

if all works out this year as expected i see the browns drafting offensive weapons next year.

Highly doubt Farmer is there if we're picking 1.

IMO what i'm seeing from haslam>farmer>pettine is a much more connected device than what i've seen in 20+ years. one bad year coming up (when everything is positive in the growth dept. across the board) might mean they do the fail season BUT i hardly doubt that.

i say haslam knows that this is a tough biz and to find good people who have produced in the 2 years under his employ will not mean to all-of-a-sudden throw that all away cuz with a harder schedule we only win 5 games.

i'll wait to see all the info about rookie TC and TC before i get into predictions.

'on paper' we're better than last year (mccown/hoyer debate withstanding).

no injuries, everything ticking i can see us having the same or better record than last year which would make a lot of people sit up and recognize.

so we pick a QB in the 2nd next year........won't be the end of the world, lol.

Archived